Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
denpends on how big is ur monitor, if those 1080p 23/24" can consider RX 480 if not increase abit more for RX 480x(not out yet and dunno will it be) or GTX 1070

just2ofus

Reaction score
denpends on how big is ur monitor, if those 1080p 23/24" can consider RX 480 if not increase abit more for RX 480x(not out yet and dunno will it be) or GTX 1070

hi thanks for your reply!

basically i'm using a dell U2713M and a dell u2311H

what do you reckon?

just2ofus

Reaction score
In terms of gaming, which screen did u use? If u27, u can consider GTX 1070 for a good frame rates @1440p

well i'm currently using the u23. my current gfx is the ati radeon 6950, which i'm having trouble having good frame rates with the u27.

cool, i'll look into the gtx 1070. thanks!

Pepperisk

Reaction score
Using the Gtx 750ti now but considering upgrading to a RX480/GTX1060. Looking around pricelists I don't see much options for both. The only models for RX480 is the 8gb one which is priced the same as the Zotac 1060 Mini. Any reason for me to consider getting the Rx480 instead of the 1060?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using the Gtx 750ti now but considering upgrading to a RX480/GTX1060. Looking around pricelists I don't see much options for both. The only models for RX480 is the 8gb one which is priced the same as the Zotac 1060 Mini. Any reason for me to consider getting the Rx480 instead of the 1060?

Well I dunno which games title u gonna play and beside that upgrade from 750ti yo those 2 is consider quite big upgrades, so both are good as well for u. Well anyway if u gonna play DX12 titles can consider RX 480, but if u gonna play DX11 titles just stick with nvivida.

Oh ya not forgetting this, make sure u remove the nvidia driver using 3D guru DDU, if u buying RX480. As this is yo prevent any drivers conflict.

As for the budget how much are using willing to fork out? If 400, den u can only go with RX 480 ref and GTX 1060 palit or zotac 399.

Pepperisk

Reaction score
For game titles I'm gonna play will be AAA games like battlefield one, doom and witcher 3. Those games can run with the 750ti but at like, med-low settings at 1080p if I want smooth gameplay. That's why I'm thinking of upgrading. Might upgrade monitor later down the line but for now will be 1080p. Saw the rx460 and 470 as well but nah. I'll wait abit more and see if the 1060 get better at dx12 games I guess

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For game titles I'm gonna play will be AAA games like battlefield one, doom and witcher 3. Those games can run with the 750ti but at like, med-low settings at 1080p if I want smooth gameplay. That's why I'm thinking of upgrading. Might upgrade monitor later down the line but for now will be 1080p. Saw the rx460 and 470 as well but nah. I'll wait abit more and see if the 1060 get better at dx12 games I guess

Well u can keep waiting cos its the hardware not software that makes it capable in running those DX12 system. Even though it did say it support, but its pure brute force. Unlike AMD which already have build up that system and that's why it comes with that async support for DX12 titles.

But those titles u playing are still DX11 so u are fine yo go with GTX 1060. And of cos we wouldn't know when these game developer will change into DX12 system.

Pepperisk

Reaction score
It's hardware? crap. So the 2 choices is either great now and maybe crappier later or good now and maybe better later? Gaming is hard @.@

I'll wait a week and see if more gaming news come out first before deciding thx xD

plusactive

Reaction score
High end GPU with core 2 duo compatible?

I've got an old dell C2D small form factor desktop that I would like to use for some light gaming. Managed to get hold of the R9 380x for cheap and would like to know if they are both compatible?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've got an old dell C2D small form factor desktop that I would like to use for some light gaming. Managed to get hold of the R9 380x for cheap and would like to know if they are both compatible?
May I know how small is the case? as for the PSU, how much is the power? Lastly is there and spaces clearances?

Anyway how light gaming are u looking @? R9 380x is more for mid to high gaming. If light gaming u can consider GTX 750ti. nvm u can consider RX 460 as well.

Last edited:

noidea

Reaction score
is it worth buying asus gtx 1080 OC version?
If not, which 1080 would you recommend

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it worth buying asus gtx 1080 OC version?
If not, which 1080 would you recommend

well this qns should be asking yourself though =:p
as in like do u need this long gpu, powerful enough to continue OC or use the out-of-box OC and their extra features.?

imo opinion if u not intend to OC not needed such powerful gpu can consider a cheaper version or other brands as well.

ASUS Advance.
Palit SJS
MSI Gaming non-X/X
Zotac Amp

noidea

Reaction score
ZrE0 - since I don't OC the OOTB OC is an extra for me
COMEX around the corner. Planning to get myself either QHD or 4k monitor for work and play. I even thought of changing to i-ATX system. Palit SJS and zotec are out of the question since they require 2.5 < slot.

Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ZrE0 - since I don't OC the OOTB OC is an extra for me
COMEX around the corner. Planning to get myself either QHD or 4k monitor for work and play. I even thought of changing to i-ATX system. Palit SJS and zotec are out of the question since they require 2.5 < slot.

there is no such thing as i-ATX its only itx. if that is so maybe u might consider gigabtyle GTX 1070 mini if your itx case really quite tight to fit long gpu.

well as for zotac u are looking at amp extreme editions as its a triple fan long and fat ass heatsink that make it required 2.5 slots.

u can even consider zotac amp if u dun mind dual fan with 2 slots.

as for QHD shouldn't be an issues since it make to play at 4k for most games.

noidea

Reaction score
there is no such thing as i-ATX its only itx. if that is so maybe u might consider gigabtyle GTX 1070 mini if your itx case really quite tight to fit long gpu.

well as for zotac u are looking at amp extreme editions as its a triple fan long and fat ass heatsink that make it required 2.5 slots.

u can even consider zotac amp if u dun mind dual fan with 2 slots.

as for QHD shouldn't be an issues since it make to play at 4k for most games.

... thanks zreo ... :)

igniz12000

Reaction score
Is it better to wait for Comex if looking to buy GPU online? My 770 suddenly KO and this 570 also looks like not long for this world. I can make due for one week if good chance Lazada or Qoo will have good bargains on GPUs. Looking to get maybe the $555 zotac 1070 if got good discount. Any advice appreciated.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it better to wait for Comex if looking to buy GPU online? My 770 suddenly KO and this 570 also looks like not long for this world. I can make due for one week if good chance Lazada or Qoo will have good bargains on GPUs. Looking to get maybe the $555 zotac 1070 if got good discount. Any advice appreciated.

just get it from lazada or qoo10, dun bother with comex. as comex show wont have any good offer for gpu.

magicwolf

Reaction score
Hi experts, i am currently using GTX 760 and I am thinking of upgrading.
Any recommendations?

I like to play those AAA games and my budget is about 600 plus?

Was thinking of going for a second hand graphic card as well so that I can get better one with my budget.

Whats your thoughts guys?

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi experts, i am currently using GTX 760 and I am thinking of upgrading.
Any recommendations?

I like to play those AAA games and my budget is about 600 plus?

Was thinking of going for a second hand graphic card as well so that I can get better one with my budget.

Whats your thoughts guys?

Buy new : palit GTX 1070 @555 get it at qoo10 or lazada and use coupons or discount code to get more saving.

Buy 2nd hand: Get GTX 980ti(not sure currently if anyone selling at your budget or not.) GTX 980 is OK but u are better off getting GTX 1070.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.