Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

Regent__Sec

Master Member
Reaction score
got any good card cheaper than 150 and in AGP format in ITSHOW?

i usually set games setting to medium and 1440x900 only.

ISS

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PowerColour X1900XT @ $999!! Me just gotten it yesterday at Ban Leong booth. Looking at the image quality, I have to say the extra premium over the 7900GTX is well worth the money (I do have a borrowed 7800GTX with me now and the image quality is clearly better).

F3Rm1nat0r

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ISS said:
PowerColour X1900XT @ $999!! Me just gotten it yesterday at Ban Leong booth. Looking at the image quality, I have to say the extra premium over the 7900GTX is well worth the money (I do have a borrowed 7800GTX with me now and the image quality is clearly better).
yeah
somehow nvidia cant seem to get the images looking as nice as ATI for some reason

ISS

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually, I believe they can. However, it will be done at the expense of performance. Of course features like HQ AAF cannot be duplicated on the 7900 cards as its a hardware feature.

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
I hope you people has grabbed those specially priced X800GT, X800GTO16, 7600GT and 7800GT on offer at IT show as the SLS prices are higher.

Removed the IT show prices and reflected SLS prices on my thread, as IT show is on its last day. :o

F3Rm1nat0r

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ISS said:
Actually, I believe they can. However, it will be done at the expense of performance. Of course features like HQ AAF cannot be duplicated on the 7900 cards as its a hardware feature.
yeah and also look at the latest AA offered by nvidia
called transparency Adaptive Anti-Aliasing
it doesnt do much IMO
and just a fancy name

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
It is undisputed that ATI graphics image is of a better quality. However, their prices are not competitive in Singapore, and people are going for Nvidia cards.

I hope that ATI's announced price drops filters down to Singapore retail very soon. Of course, retail shops will make immediate losses if they adjust their prices now.

ranvier

Reaction score
*Pushing this good thread up*

Regent__Sec said:
got any good card cheaper than 150 and in AGP format in ITSHOW?

i usually set games setting to medium and 1440x900 only.

Hmm...any recommendation from the above mentioned? S$150-200 is alright for me.

Thanks a lot!

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
ranvier said:
*Pushing this good thread up*

Hmm...any recommendation from the above mentioned? S$150-200 is alright for me.

Thanks a lot!

Xpertvision 6600 OC version, at 175 like Bell/Fuwell, etc. You can overclock it to near 6600GT performance. :)

tenyawph

Master Member
Reaction score
It seems that 7900GT cards are nowhere in sight in SLS. LOcal distros seem to have bought in limited stock just for the IT show. I think Nvidia did a rush job to meet the CeBIT exhibition deadline.

sinistral

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Requesting a sticky for this thread. The old stickified graphics thread is outdated for so long already..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.