Hello AMD RYZEN! 8 cores 16 threads is here.

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
Planning to get ryzen to replace my 6600k just for the fun.

I was using amd previously. The heat really was sauna making me perspire when i game without aircon. Was on amd phenom x4 black

Dont think now that jialat right

That was years ago. Dont think this time rou

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Reaction score
u psycho your school upgrade to ryzen lah... then u will know... hahaha

on a serious note... u can email the vendor to ask about the scalability right?

your 5x5 honeycomb is red flagged .... bbbmtl.... :D
I working from my home com since I can do more stuff at home, if the results need finer mesh then I go school :s13:

Vendor wise dunno leh, I having mixed results from the Internet and Ansys with regards to multi-threading, not sure if Autodesk NASTRAN is also multi threaded :s13:

See first ba, Ryzen tempting for heavily threaded workloads :s13:

Sent from AKB48 theater using GAGT

djdestiny

Reaction score
I disagree. 16Gb dual channel is more than enough now. You don't need as many pcie lanes as a high end atx board offers if you don't plan on sli-ng on it. I am more than happy with one x16, 16gb dual channel ram, pcie ssd slot, 8 cores that can do rendering and all in a small beautiful case that can sit on top of my table. You might have seen the amd video showing the advantages of 8c/16t with respect to multitasking and office apps such as Excel etc.
Itx 8 cores is the way to go. Thanks to amd for making it affordable. Just because intel says you need so many pcie lanes and quad channel rams to use all 8c properly doesn't mean its true.

MOAR

More like bsod la, last time RX 480 overclock UI is also about the same can click apply settings and conveniently forget to add vcore chibaboom. That guy going over his script so fast like dunno 15 or 20 seconds later then realised the stream disappeared... :s13:

XFR supposed to auto do for you. But XFR on pre release mobo a bit weak lah...

Bo bian cos tt time not listed. Msi x370 only come in march. ):

15 march

i see... if i were u... will probably unbox first... take the HSF out for a spin... jin chio sia...

Put on RC car or strap to RC helicopter :s13: RGB sia...

Dun think 1800x come with hsf? Only 1700 iirc. Dunno why no habe for x models.

But ya the rgb hsf damn chio. Hope got bundle with hsf somehow. Cos my cooler waiting for cryorig to send e. Update mount.
If upgrading from z87 the cooler placement can right?

Saw update have le
But as long have the update kit can install on am4 mobo right? For those upgrading from intel and am3 mobo

Clip mounting exactly the same as before. Can put old AM3+ cooler if you siao ding dong :s13:
bo mobo i like leh.... i'm looking at direct comparison to 7700k+ITX FF kind... which i'm also open to asus impact ix (now only got strix ITX) - which is yet to launch too

Bro you scared to buy msi is it. titanium perfect for your baller

bo mobo i like leh.... i'm looking at direct comparison to 7700k+ITX FF kind... which i'm also open to asus impact ix (now only got strix ITX) - which is yet to launch too

Talk about local ITX also very horrible pickup.
Look at asus distro ITX offerings...
ASRock one need mention meh, all best avoided.
Gigabyte H only.

Better to wait. Next yr got Zen+ iirc. Supposedly 20% improvement.

Moi hoot cos 4770k mobo gt prob liao

Plan for 20% improvement when they initially plan for 40$ improvement with zen. end up 53% improvement

Solid power sia
tbf 53% is compared to excavator which is like comparing 2017 C63 to 2005 C180 :D
Dunno leh :s13:

My com is fine but 8 cores would be good for stuff :s13:

BRO, Long time no see you on HF. I also quit le.

I was using amd previously. The heat really was sauna making me perspire when i game without aircon. Was on amd phenom x4 black

Not just AMD wor.
I had a 1660 V3. My room like sauna sia...

I working from my home com since I can do more stuff at home, if the results need finer mesh then I go school :s13:

Vendor wise dunno leh, I having mixed results from the Internet and Ansys with regards to multi-threading, not sure if Autodesk NASTRAN is also multi threaded :s13:

See first ba, Ryzen tempting for heavily threaded workloads

I call single thread loads lousy threading lazy dev

Tbh, quads have been around for so long any reason to optimize for dual core is either extremely outdated app or just stupiak

curryloti

Reaction score
76c933bc-6c04-468a-bcdd-0272a81ced4f.png

Don make urself look silly in here... :s8:
And which non-8 core Ryzen can you buy today that you are complaining about lack of mITX mobos right now?

Today's Ryzens are all 8 cores, come back next quarter if you still want to complain about lack of mITX mobos for lower Ryzens.

Sinkies really good at complaining about everything.

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And which non-8 core Ryzen can you buy today that you are complaining about lack of mITX mobos right now?

Today's Ryzens are all 8 cores, come back next quarter if you still want to complain about lack of mITX mobos for lower Ryzens.

:s13::s13::s13:

since when i say today....did u see the roadmap of mobo models from different brands... and by the way R5 release is not too far off....Q2

I need to stoop down to your level when replying to u cos the more u talk the more far-fetch your replies are....

still need to end with a "Sinkies really good at complaining about everything"... explains your maturity when dealing with a debate.... :s22:

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wait for thermal testing? Few hours away liao.

djdestiny

Reaction score

Siao eh, chill la you missed the point

since when i say today....did u see the roadmap of mobo models from different brands... and by the way R5 release is not too far off....Q2

I need to stoop down to your level when replying to u cos the more u talk the more far-fetch your replies are....

still need to end with a "Sinkies really good at complaining about everything"... explains your maturity when dealing with a debate.... :s22:

:s13:

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seem like no go guys. Check with yilong. They dont have stock. Only tmr then will have. Mobo incld x370 carb and titanium will arrive the week after

kaixax555

Honorary Member
Reaction score
MOAR

XFR supposed to auto do for you. But XFR on pre release mobo a bit weak lah...

15 march

Put on RC car or strap to RC helicopter :s13: RGB sia...

Saw update have le

Clip mounting exactly the same as before. Can put old AM3+ cooler if you siao ding dong :s13:

Bro you scared to buy msi is it. titanium perfect for your baller

Talk about local ITX also very horrible pickup.
Look at asus distro ITX offerings...
ASRock one need mention meh, all best avoided.
Gigabyte H only.

Plan for 20% improvement when they initially plan for 40$ improvement with zen. end up 53% improvement

Solid power sia
tbf 53% is compared to excavator which is like comparing 2017 C63 to 2005 C180 :D

BRO, Long time no see you on HF. I also quit le.

Not just AMD wor.
I had a 1660 V3. My room like sauna sia...

I call single thread loads lousy threading lazy dev

Tbh, quads have been around for so long any reason to optimize for dual core is either extremely outdated app or just stupiak
Not really dev issue but I not sure what the limitations of FEM are, since you can only process another matrix after you processed the previous one

I am still studying the theory of FEM so I have to rely on the Internet for answers which gave mixed results

djdestiny

Reaction score
Not really dev issue but I not sure what the limitations of FEM are, since you can only process another matrix after you processed the previous one

I am still studying the theory of FEM so I have to rely on the Internet for answers which gave mixed results

I see.
How's ya audio going? I decided to start designing amps now.
Seem like no go guys. Check with yilong. They dont have stock. Only tmr then will have. Mobo incld x370 carb and titanium will arrive the week after
Look at X370 Killer Sli, jin chio

Nickzz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see.
How's ya audio going? I decided to start designing amps now.

Look at X370 Killer Sli, jin chio
Killer? That one msi de? I dunno whether to pick carbon cos wanna cfx. Heard the 2nd pcie lane will reduce bandwidth de x8? So going for titanium as 2x x16.

Btw earlier u mention mobo coming on 15th? How chiu know de?

Thanks

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Summary:

Single threaded

i7 6xxx > ryzen 1800x >i7 7700k

Multi-thread

90% of i7 6xxxx at 40% of the price

Clear winner lol.

I dont expect the 1800X to outperform the 7700k in single threaded.

But it is enough for day to day single threaded performance.

In multi threaded, oh boy. Most of the games neck to neck with the 6900k.

Good enough at 40% of the price. Intel 6900k pricing can come down. lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.