Holding on to a new NAS?

p2311967

Reaction score
My current 2 bays 4TB (RAID 1) is over 80% and I still got at least 2TB to be transferred into from my external HDD.

Recently brought a QVO 1TB, price seems ok but the speed, as compare to normal HDD, is quite worth for the pricing, not to forget about the noise level.

I am wondering now, will they be announcing SSD only NAS, more smaller in size (for 4 bays) which looks like a single or 2 bays NAS sizes. On top of that, able use to use m.2 for cache, which even speed up more if we use the NAS often.

Technology advance too fast nowadays, maybe by this year, they might have such NAS. Should I wait as both my external hdd still new and just go for a 4 bays NAS with speed of yesteryear? :s11:

harharhar

Reaction score
I am wondering now, will they be announcing SSD only NAS, more smaller in size (for 4 bays) which looks like a single or 2 bays NAS sizes. On top of that, able use to use m.2 for cache, which even speed up more if we use the NAS often.

Technology advance too fast nowadays, maybe by this year, they might have such NAS. Should I wait as both my external hdd still new and just go for a 4 bays NAS with speed of yesteryear? :s11:

This would be a cool thing. But I think won't be any time soon for consumers... Some data centres are already using SSDs.

But if you need it now, just get whatever is available :) That's my thoughts.

terry1

Reaction score
i have been using these to mount my ssd on a 3.5" nas. the minimal frame allows for maximum air flow :D

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UN550AC/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

81x5EccHrLL._SL1500_.jpg

71NwL2xg6SL._SL1500_.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.