Home DeskTop i7

Irenicus

Master Member
Reaction score
Gaming wise, its mainly for my kids. At their age, Roblux, Fortnite and maybe for myself PUBG

As for the monitor, maybe:

https://prismplus.sg/products/prism-w240

or

https://qoo.tn/BXExAX/Q112656559

Budget around $200 for a decent monitor

The RTX 2060 video card in the Aftershock system will be more than enough to handle PUBG, Fortnite and your kids games at 1080p resolution. And it will have extra performance headroom for future games that are more demanding.

The Aftershock system offers more bang for the buck compared to the Dell.

Last edited:

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Reading from your posts in the thread, go for the one that offers the most peace of mind after purchasing. (Warranty, on-site servicing, if any etc.) Not everyone has the time or the technical know-how to troubleshoot and do trial and errors if things go south.

Edit: the 1660 super rig is more than sufficient to run games like pubg on 1080 resolutions

Irenicus

Master Member
Reaction score
For $1384 (Ryzen 5) or $1579 (Ryzen 7), the Aftershock system comes with a better video card RTX 2060, than the GTX 1660 Super in the Dell. And the Aftershock comes with 3 years warranty (1st year onsite pickup and return).

Any parts spoil after warranty for the Aftershock, can easily buy aftermarket parts from SLS or online shops as they are standard size. Whereas for Dell, they use proprietary parts, especially for motherboard and power supply, and it's more expensive to bring back to Dell for repair.

Bonus, there is also a free game, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, for AMD Ryzen 3700X and above. Only from 22nd July to 3rd Oct 2020.

Overall, it's a no brainer to buy the Aftershock.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Don't get the dell. The Aftershock is a better solution and offer better components than the dell setup.

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
For $1384 (Ryzen 5) or $1579 (Ryzen 7), the Aftershock system comes with a better video card RTX 2060, than the GTX 1660 Super in the Dell. And the Aftershock comes with 3 years warranty (1st year onsite pickup and return).

Any parts spoil after warranty for the Aftershock, can easily buy aftermarket parts from SLS or online shops as they are standard size. Whereas for Dell, they use proprietary parts, especially for motherboard and power supply, and it's more expensive to bring back to Dell for repair.

Bonus, there is also a free game, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, for AMD Ryzen 3700X and above. Only from 22nd July to 3rd Oct 2020.

Overall, it's a no brainer to buy the Aftershock.

I was working thru the Aftershock configuration selection. A few questions. - - So if I want a mouse, I need to select and pay extra right? Same for Keyboard?

- Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64bit ***(Unactivated)***(Recommended)
(+SGD 0.00)

Q: What does unactivated means?

SOUND SYSTEM BUNDLES
None (Base)(Recommended)(+SGD 0.00)

Q: It still has internal speakers right?

WIRELESS LAN (DESKTOP)
None (Base)(Recommended)(+SGD 0.00)
INTEL AX200 Wifi 6 + Bluetooth 5.0(+SGD 49.00)
GIGABYTE AORUS GC-WBAX200 Premium Wifi 6 + BT 5.0 (Includes Premium AORUS Antenna)(+SGD 69.00)

Q: Usually if I buy from Dell or Lenovo,it will state: WiFi Wireless LAN Adapters: Lenovo AC Wireless (2x2) + Bluetooth Version 4.2

Does it support wifi 6?

So in this case there is no wifi adapters tat comes with it hence no wifi? I need to purchase?

Last edited:

Irenicus

Master Member
Reaction score
(1) Unactivated Windows 10

Unactivated Windows 10 works as per normal and can update, except it will have a watermark and cannot customize themes. If you have a previous Windows license, you can upgrade it. However clean install using the CD-key may not work.

You can buy from other sources that are cheaper or free (i.e. for students) and activate Windows 10.

Discussion from HWZ:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/news-%7C-unauthorized-microsoft-software-platform-like-lazada-shoppee-windows-office-cheap-keys-6347069.html

Further reading from here: https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/

(2) Sound System Bundles:

Aftershock is giving a free pair of Logitech Z120 Speakers with their Rapid system for their National Day Promotion (Offer ends 6th Sept).

As for whether it has internal speaker, I believe the case will have but it's better to check with Aftershock.

(3) Wireless LAN

Of the 3 motherboard options, only the Asus B550M TUF Plus Gaming includes onboard Wifi and Bluetooth. It supports Wifi 6 and Bluetooth 5. Do confirm with Aftershock for the Wifi and Bluetooth specifications.

Specifications of the motherboard below:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-B550M-PLUS-WI-FI/specifications/

If you select the Asus motherboard, you don't have to purchase wifi and bluetooth. But for the other 2 motherboards, you will have to.

My opinion is if you have an ethernet connection, there is no need to add Wifi.

Just a further note, not all desktops or branded ones (e.g. Dell or Lenovo) comes with Wifi and Bluetooth onboard as standard.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any advise pls?

Which is why despite others are against buying OEM like Dell.
Just buy a branded gaming PC from Dell than you need not worry about:

- Windows license is bundled with the PC.
Aftershock are DIY PC so license is separate.
Unactivated means no license but still usable.
- Wifi card depends on what Aftershock bundles with.
OEM like Dell have WiFi 6 card from Killer network.

Others may detest my opinion but OEM prebuid are suitable for non-It savvy users.

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
(1) Unactivated Windows 10

Unactivated Windows 10 works as per normal and can update, except it will have a watermark and cannot customize themes. If you have a previous Windows license, you can upgrade it. However clean install using the CD-key may not work.

You can buy from other sources that are cheaper or free (i.e. for students) and activate Windows 10.

Discussion from HWZ:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/news-%7C-unauthorized-microsoft-software-platform-like-lazada-shoppee-windows-office-cheap-keys-6347069.html

Further reading from here: https://www.howtogeek.com/244678/you-dont-need-a-product-key-to-install-and-use-windows-10/

(2) Sound System Bundles:

Aftershock is giving a free pair of Logitech Z120 Speakers with their Rapid system for their National Day Promotion (Offer ends 6th Sept).

As for whether it has internal speaker, I believe the case will have but it's better to check with Aftershock.

(3) Wireless LAN

Of the 3 motherboard options, only the Asus B550M TUF Plus Gaming includes onboard Wifi and Bluetooth. It supports Wifi 6 and Bluetooth 5. Do confirm with Aftershock for the Wifi and Bluetooth specifications.

Specifications of the motherboard below:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-B550M-PLUS-WI-FI/specifications/

If you select the Asus motherboard, you don't have to purchase wifi and bluetooth. But for the other 2 motherboards, you will have to.

My opinion is if you have an ethernet connection, there is no need to add Wifi.

Just a further note, not all desktops or branded ones (e.g. Dell or Lenovo) comes with Wifi and Bluetooth onboard as standard.

FYI cheap Windows key are not legit.
MS are starting to cram down on this sellers.

Irenicus

Master Member
Reaction score
As I mentioned, unactivated Windows 10 will still work as normal and can be updated, except for a watermark. It's not a very huge problem.

Much has already been discussed in the HWZ thread that I attached on the Windows 10 key. TS can read and form his own decision. Some who bought the cheap keys already used for many years and have no issues. Even if 1 key costs $5 and it doesn't work, still can change 25 times. Compared to the cost of Windows 10 key for $129. Microsoft is going after those who use Windows commercially rather than home users.

TS can buy other brands of Wifi and bluetooth adapters from SLS or online shops to addon when required or if cheaper. There is no need to buy them from Aftershock.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.