www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   HWZ AMD Ryzen R5 Owners Klub (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/hwz-amd-ryzen-r5-owners-klub-5597378.html)

MoneyFace =p 14-04-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royfrosty (Post 107437649)
Yeap not all ASrock stuffs are brought in by Avertek.

ASRock AMD boards are shared between Avertek and TD iirc. Then as for ASRock Intel boards Avertek brings in.

Asus AMD boards are all Avertek stuffs, Asus Intel boards that are lower range Avertek has it. Asus high end range Ban Leong has it.

Avertek main strong hold is Asus Routers.

Not true leh. According to TD's Lazada listing, they are also distributing many of the Intel 100 & 200 series chipset motherboards...

royfrosty 14-04-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoneyFace =p (Post 107441257)
Not true leh. According to TD's Lazada listing, they are also distributing many of the Intel 100 & 200 series chipset motherboards...

Ah thats news. Then again GG Asrock is all over the place.

-Synchronicity- 14-04-2017 06:30 PM

Like i said....avertek and td both bringing same am4 asrock motherboard models....so check box carefully or gg.

I also noticed am4 motherboard rate of doa much higher then intel so this is actually quite important. Some more I think no dual bios am4 motherboard so if update bios and brick....

ZrE0_Cha0s 14-04-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Synchronicity- (Post 107444688)
Like i said....avertek and td both bringing same am4 asrock motherboard models....so check box carefully or gg.

I also noticed am4 motherboard rate of doa much higher then intel so this is actually quite important. Some more I think no dual bios am4 motherboard so if update bios and brick....

is the finding on all am4 mobo? only certain board?

singupingu 14-04-2017 10:56 PM

How come other than the R5 1600X, the rest cannot achieve 3200 mhz on memory? Stuck at 2933mhz and noticing the same for a couple of review already.

Bios/micro code problem or they cannot support high memory speed? :(

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

haylui 14-04-2017 11:03 PM

http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-ryzen-5-s...ffer_pcgamerfb

Record breaking oc with R5...

Ferolare 14-04-2017 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singupingu (Post 107449328)
How come other than the R5 1600X, the rest cannot achieve 3200 mhz on memory? Stuck at 2933mhz and noticing the same for a couple of review already.

Bios/micro code problem or they cannot support high memory speed? :(

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

CPU problem :crazy:

singupingu 15-04-2017 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferolare (Post 107449891)
CPU problem :crazy:

Wah. Serious? Sien. Look like 1600X is the way to go. Bought 3600mhz RAM so I can't go back :(

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

concept_fuel 15-04-2017 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singupingu (Post 107451497)
Wah. Serious? Sien. Look like 1600X is the way to go. Bought 3600mhz RAM so I can't go back :(

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

you'll be limited to x370 boards with bclk overclock to even get 3600mhz going for now:o 3200mhz might be doable.

yusoffb01 15-04-2017 06:04 AM


raylite 15-04-2017 09:32 AM

For my R5 1600 + Asus Prime B350-Plus motherboard, i'm stuck on 2933mhz too, can't get it to run at 3200mhz. But other than that, OC-ing is a breeze; 3.6ghz with good temps.

Very satisfied with my switch to ryzen!!

watzup_ken 15-04-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Synchronicity- (Post 107444688)

I also noticed am4 motherboard rate of doa much higher then intel so this is actually quite important. Some more I think no dual bios am4 motherboard so if update bios and brick....

I am not sure if what you mentioned is based on your opinion or based on some studies.

singupingu 15-04-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by concept_fuel (Post 107451537)
you'll be limited to x370 boards with bclk overclock to even get 3600mhz going for now:o 3200mhz might be doable.

Bought from Newegg, targeting the Samsung b-die trident z rgb. Their F4-3200C14D-16GTZR is more expensive than F4-3600C16D-16GTZR. From the Crosshair 6 Hero oc ram spreadsheet, achieving 3200mhz with 14-14-14-34 on the latter ram is possible and it's indeed samsung b-die. So I got the 3600 instead of 3200 version.

Don't mind doing only 3200mhz, just the processor must be able to support it. :( Guess I gotta go for 1600x instead of the more worthy 1600 :(

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

parkson 15-04-2017 12:40 PM

What is the best place to get a AMD board and Ryzen? Looking at Ryzen 5 1400 or 1500x

Encrypted11 15-04-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by singupingu (Post 107455593)
Bought from Newegg, targeting the Samsung b-die trident z rgb. Their F4-3200C14D-16GTZR is more expensive than F4-3600C16D-16GTZR. From the Crosshair 6 Hero oc ram spreadsheet, achieving 3200mhz with 14-14-14-34 on the latter ram is possible and it's indeed samsung b-die. So I got the 3600 instead of 3200 version.

Don't mind doing only 3200mhz, just the processor must be able to support it. :( Guess I gotta go for 1600x instead of the more worthy 1600 :(

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

You know with the way the budget allocation is headed, you're nearing the "may as well get 1700 + known good 2933 RAMs territory".

Is blowing out the 6 core in data fabric speed with a likely weaker IMC or get a natively stronger 8 core with 2933 RAMs at a better price performance ratio the rational option.

Just like picking a 7600K over 7700 in price vs. raw power and platform cost compared.

Just saying.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.