www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   If you’re thinking of buying a Secretlab chair… do NOT. Winter will come. (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/if-you%92re-thinking-buying-secretlab-chair%85-do-not-winter-will-come-5686050.html)

lunarsong 23-05-2018 10:08 PM

My throne v2 took 1 year for the peeling to occur. What model is your chair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigibut (Post 114556157)
i'm here because i was googling if anyone else had my problem since they have been around for a long time. mine is getting from bad to worst. friend of mine same problem. our solution is to use cloth to cover so the black pieces dont stick to your legs.

would be good if we had a good/affordable solution. when i bought the chair, i thought it would last me 10 years. i think it's only been 3 :(

Shdwfalcon 04-06-2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yusoffb01 (Post 110156145)
Pay so much for cheapo material

Just like razor.
:s13:

archyng 05-06-2018 04:10 PM

3 years shd be ok leow 600/3 one year depreciate 200. everyday less than 1 sgd. mine brought in nov18 till now heng heng bo tai ji. sometimes backside itchy never dry legs sit on it leow. best to use it in air conditioned room and refrain from sun light. after all its pu leather no matter how good the pu leather is. if not save up work towards brand new hm aeon. 2nd hand as a bro mentioned dunno how if real or not and how much abuse its subjected to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigibut (Post 114556157)
i'm here because i was googling if anyone else had my problem since they have been around for a long time. mine is getting from bad to worst. friend of mine same problem. our solution is to use cloth to cover so the black pieces dont stick to your legs.

would be good if we had a good/affordable solution. when i bought the chair, i thought it would last me 10 years. i think it's only been 3 :(

commach 05-06-2018 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archyng (Post 114779359)
3 years shd be ok leow 600/3 one year depreciate 200. everyday less than 1 sgd. mine brought in nov18 till now heng heng bo tai ji. sometimes backside itchy never dry legs sit on it leow. best to use it in air conditioned room and refrain from sun light. after all its pu leather no matter how good the pu leather is. if not save up work towards brand new hm aeon. 2nd hand as a bro mentioned dunno how if real or not and how much abuse its subjected to.

Virtual chair will peel off?

What if I "bought" the chair in Nov 19, how bad will the peeling be 2 years from now?

archyng 05-06-2018 06:26 PM

lol paiseh nov17 never good with dates and numbers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by commach (Post 114780677)
Virtual chair will peel off?

What if I "bought" the chair in Nov 19, how bad will the peeling be 2 years from now?

galaxynote 06-06-2018 04:31 PM

Get kopitiam chair sit sua

Solidus_GZ 06-06-2018 08:21 PM

I actually seriously considering this chair but pu leather no matter what grade for sure will peel... Lucky got this thread to warn us!
And the ommi desk also very shakey... Feel like their goods nice to see but not lasting

BiomedicalPasta 06-06-2018 09:09 PM

I got it 2 yrs back, till now no peel.
But my usage very low though.

recca85 08-06-2018 09:47 AM

3 years throne v1 old and no peeling!
Use everyday for a few hours, with and without aircon.
Only fault was the plastic frame as the one wheel portion broke off. But inserted some screws to fill the gaps and it still works, just have a hard time moving the chair.
Guess I am too heavy for it overtime. I brought it before bigger chairs came out.
The new chairs now all have steel wheel frame.
But the foam feels thin now. Anyway I traded in for a Titan which is worth it for an out of warranty product.

Well their service is great. For the 1st month, i complained that armrest is loose and wheels not smooth. They came within days and fixed them! even upgraded the wheels.

Orionhan 08-06-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koroshiya8 (Post 110164847)
Got a 2nd hand Herman Miller. Never look back since.. from a 2 time dxracer owner. Gaming chair just isn't for our climate especially wo aircon.

Couldn't agree more! I hit up the Herman miller and never looked back. One can imagine how hot secret lab chair will be in SG condition without aircon.

Furthermore, i just dont think it is that comfortable.... HM maybe more expensive but it sure last and is practicable.

shadow84 08-06-2018 02:24 PM

How to find 2nd hand HM chairs in good condition?

Tartar Sauce 08-06-2018 02:30 PM

more of where to find display sets of HM chairs to test first :s12:

Skyline34_ 08-06-2018 02:52 PM

hard to beat HM for long term comfort - it’s certainly a tad pricey but feel the premium is well-worth it

azarel 08-06-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solidus_GZ (Post 114802000)
I actually seriously considering this chair but pu leather no matter what grade for sure will peel... Lucky got this thread to warn us!
And the ommi desk also very shakey... Feel like their goods nice to see but not lasting

How long you expect pu to last... More than 5 years? To be fair anything will break down if you don't take care of it. I've owned hm previously and frankly both designs (secretlab vs hm) are totally different. For example secretlab Titan has a wide seat base which is very comfortable (you can sit cross legged... You can't do that with hm aero)... So best advice is to test out both brands and decide with your butt..

justln 10-06-2018 11:56 PM

So SecretLab chairs need seat cover and T-Shirt to avoid flaking? :s22: