www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come. (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/if-youre-thinking-buying-secretlab-chair-do-not-winter-will-come-5686050.html)

neobear224 19-06-2018 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhaohan (Post 115027681)
suggest alternative leh

Ikea computer chair :D

tidess 19-06-2018 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zhaohan (Post 115027681)
suggest alternative leh

400$ can get you a real leather chair

as long as it is around 90-100 degrees it's fine to sit on. no need customization until 180degrees cus u will never lie down on the chair anyway

archyng 19-06-2018 03:23 PM

aiyo this thread always get brought back to life. lol. everything u buy must and use often is subjected to wear and tear. and without taking good care of it wear and tear happens at a faster rate. so if u know u are a person that requires low maintenance stuff as u cant be bothered taking care of things. go and buy a plastic chair la. even HM whatever model u get u keep using it with wet sweaty butts sooner one day or later something somehow will happen too. and to emphasis on what one bro mentioned before want to get HM please get brand new not 2nd hand and keep blowing off your horns. you never know how the 2nd hand was stored and was abused.

tidess 19-06-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archyng (Post 115028450)
aiyo this thread always get brought back to life. lol. everything u buy must and use often is subjected to wear and tear. and without taking good care of it wear and tear happens at a faster rate. so if u know u are a person that requires low maintenance stuff as u cant be bothered taking care of things. go and buy a plastic chair la. even HM whatever model u get u keep using it with wet sweaty butts sooner one day or later something somehow will happen too. and to emphasis on what one bro mentioned before want to get HM please get brand new not 2nd hand and keep blowing off your horns. you never know how the 2nd hand was stored and was abused.

this is obv not the issue

wear and tear, if u abuse, fine.

but this secretlab chair isn't it abit too fragile? it's a chair. what u expect people to do?

if they ownself cut or bite then leather tear why would they come here complain?

but the fact is that u sit not even 1 year, already ownself tear, then peeling. once it tear, the peeling will never stop until it reach the sewing part because the leather looks and feels more like a sticker. summore u will have contact with it cus it's a chair....

it's like buying a shirt then tell you cannot wear....wear liao will spoil...

archyng 19-06-2018 04:52 PM

sitting on it with a wet/sweaty butt or tights wont help either ways too.

tidess 19-06-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archyng (Post 115029914)
sitting on it with a wet/sweaty butt or tights wont help either ways too.

you are just making assumptions right now.

nobody here said they sit on it with a wet/sweaty butt/tight.

y dun u jus go back to secretlab fb and por them there better, at least they will see it. they might give u the secret pillow to hug to sleep at night if they see yr nonsense

Nakedtoes 19-06-2018 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archyng (Post 115028450)

Halo... HM aeron even if u seat with it just come out of rain or shower wet wet the chair can taihan way way longer... cause it using pellicle material as mesh.. wun trap sweat or water one.. Even if a HM chair is abused kao kao i still know it would last way way longer then a sucky lab chair which would peel off like a snake...:s13:

archyng 20-06-2018 01:24 AM

mine 9 mth so far so good bo tai ji.i wonder why some peel some dun peel.

archyng 20-06-2018 01:29 AM

mesh wont smelly? lol i hope urs not 2nd hand which dunno how many ppl did the same as u did and how much bacteria it contains. anyway if i were u guys my chair peel after 6 mths. bring the chair go the the next it show they exhibit on the spot gar gar ask for reason and ask for refund. see how they explain la. if all u all rcvd are bs from their cs and u all have yr own sets of demand go all out get it back loh. remember volks had issue with their gear box? someone i knew had issue getting his settle by them. he lagi wait for their next launch drive down park at their showroom let media see what was his issue and make a big fuss. in the end volks agree to fix it for him again without any charges. dun be internet warrior. not happy with them find yr ways to get what u want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakedtoes (Post 115031240)
Halo... HM aeron even if u seat with it just come out of rain or shower wet wet the chair can taihan way way longer... cause it using pellicle material as mesh.. wun trap sweat or water one.. Even if a HM chair is abused kao kao i still know it would last way way longer then a sucky lab chair which would peel off like a snake...:s13:

recca85 20-06-2018 09:18 AM

I subscribed to this thread before buying my titan, upgrading from throne v1. Some of the comments are really :s22: Really need to unsubscribe from this entertainment.

Every product has a lifespan, like leather shoes, chair etc. If you dun store or use it properly, it cannot last. Just like keeping your leather shoes in an enclosed box, sure peel.

I prefer leather chair as it won't absorb my sweat. Also, I make sure I wipe my chair if I sweat on it. I didn't go to the extent of using soap and water to wipe but so far, Throne lasted me >2 years plus with the plastic wheel frame giving way. But the leather is still perfect!

I have seen good mesh chair being over stretch too! But just calculate the cost of chair over the lifespan. $100-150 /year is good depreciation value to me. Not sure why people will prefer a 5-10 years old chair but if it was me, i will think there is toomuch dust and dirt.

Secretlab customer service is very good and responsive too! They really go the extra to make sure your problem is solved. I found some cosmetic paint defects on my new titan wheel base and they send me a brand new one the very next day!

Nakedtoes 20-06-2018 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archyng (Post 115039107)
mesh wont smelly? lol i hope urs not 2nd hand which dunno how many ppl did the same as u did and how much bacteria it contains. anyway if i were u guys my chair peel after 6 mths. bring the chair go the the next it show they exhibit on the spot gar gar ask for reason and ask for refund. see how they explain la. if all u all rcvd are bs from their cs and u all have yr own sets of demand go all out get it back loh. remember volks had issue with their gear box? someone i knew had issue getting his settle by them. he lagi wait for their next launch drive down park at their showroom let media see what was his issue and make a big fuss. in the end volks agree to fix it for him again without any charges. dun be internet warrior. not happy with them find yr ways to get what u want.

wah u so free to do all this stupid thing.. bring down the chair to IT show?? no wonder singapore so many siao lang

Nakedtoes 20-06-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recca85 (Post 115041556)
I subscribed to this thread before buying my titan, upgrading from throne v1. Some of the comments are really :s22: Really need to unsubscribe from this entertainment.

Every product has a lifespan, like leather shoes, chair etc. If you dun store or use it properly, it cannot last. Just like keeping your leather shoes in an enclosed box, sure peel.

I prefer leather chair as it won't absorb my sweat. Also, I make sure I wipe my chair if I sweat on it. I didn't go to the extent of using soap and water to wipe but so far, Throne lasted me >2 years plus with the plastic wheel frame giving way. But the leather is still perfect!

I have seen good mesh chair being over stretch too! But just calculate the cost of chair over the lifespan. $100-150 /year is good depreciation value to me. Not sure why people will prefer a 5-10 years old chair but if it was me, i will think there is toomuch dust and dirt.

Secretlab customer service is very good and responsive too! They really go the extra to make sure your problem is solved. I found some cosmetic paint defects on my new titan wheel base and they send me a brand new one the very next day!

i dun even need to wipe the chair every seating... maybe vacuum and wet wipe every 6 mth is enough.. But up to u lor.. u happy can liaoz.. u just paying so many hundreds for a china OEM gaming chair which cost price maybe $50 nia.. may be lesser..:s13:

archyng 20-06-2018 09:29 AM

then dun make noise. if u dun have a peeling secretlab chair or u have a peeling secretlab chair and yet you choose to only send email phone call them.

archyng 20-06-2018 09:32 AM

i wonder where is HM make and its cost price too. anyway u happy can leow. u like taking 2nd hand stuff and treat like gold then be it. so many things are oem china nowadays due to cost wise. if u so anti china i hope u are able to avoid china product all the way. bottom line is i strongly believe there must be misuse of the chair if not there will not be peeling issue. till date no ang moh that brought secretlab chair kpkb abt peeling

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakedtoes (Post 115041676)
i dun even need to wipe the chair every seating... maybe vacuum and wet wipe every 6 mth is enough.. But up to u lor.. u happy can liaoz.. u just paying so many hundreds for a china OEM gaming chair which cost price maybe $50 nia.. may be lesser..:s13:

Nakedtoes 20-06-2018 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by archyng (Post 115041755)
i wonder where is HM make and its cost price too. anyway u happy can leow. u like taking 2nd hand stuff and treat like gold then be it. so many things are oem china nowadays due to cost wise. if u so anti china i hope u are able to avoid china product all the way. bottom line is i strongly believe there must be misuse of the chair if not there will not be peeling issue. till date no ang moh that brought secretlab chair kpkb abt peeling

Where did I anti China.. Dun be dumb and anyhow put yr words in my mouth..