If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

zensushi

Reaction score
Anyone who wants to get a secretlab chair i suggest you think twice (perhaps even thrice) Based on the so many negative feedback they have gotten for their previous products, softweave might be another fail product. The only way to find out is wait close to 2 years for reviews to come in.

I would recommend you guys give this local boys a try instead

https://www.royale.sg/

They have partnered up with car upholstery company to provide upholstery for their chairs. Kinda trust them cos pu/leather chairs in cars go thru worse wear and tear than those gaming chairs.

They also provide re-upholstery for your secretlab chairs, a service which is NOT provided by secretlab. You can find them on carousell under these links

http://carousell.com/sin.koonleng
http://carousell.com/battleboxx

So far reviews all top notch!

Threw away an OMEGA chair because of the peeling. The above would have come in handy & salvaged an otherwise working chair. :sad:

Last edited:

Supersen

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only for 2018 series have peel protection, those bought before 2018 if want to trade in their titan only $120 value fyi

My last secretlab product i guess

Nichi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
might as well buy ikea markus.. have $199 and $249 options

justln

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
might as well buy ikea markus.. have $199 and $249 options

I bought second hand Steelcase Leap v2 for $400, bloody worth it. 2016 and looks/works like brand new. + $11 Grab 6 seater to my house instead of $30 delivery fee. :s13:

Search for luzhang or steelcase leap at Carousell, outlet at YCK Link@AMK there. :s12:

me_jul

Reaction score
even if under warranty, they will say wear and tear. Who knows what is their definition of peeling? Last secretlab chair for me too. My friends have decided not to buy secretlab chairs too.

Koenig168

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wasn't aware that there was such an option... :sad:

You can reupholster chairs, sofa etc. Real leather is the best option but quite expensive. There are also colour options and you are not restricted to black or brown.

Only worthwhile if the underlying structure is good quality.

MeeHoonGoreng

Reaction score
Do give a hard thought whether you're saving money in the long run.
If you develop spine issues while using this chair thinking that paying extra for the allegedly "ergonomical" claims it'll be real unfortunate.
I'm not saying it will happen and I do not with on it to happen to anyone. Depending on the severity of a slipped disc, it will affect your ability to exercise or even sit AND stand... Compounding to more problems yada yada yada...

That being said, if you're thinking of the short run, it just doesn't make sense too.
(Using an IKEA chair for the sake of comparison, "Markus?")

The price is lower.
The comfort (not sweaty/sticky when you come into contact) is better.
The durability is better (fabric VS peeling PU leather)

And if you have to avoid having bare skin come into contact with the chair when you use it. When you have to make sure air con is on when you use it. And any other compromises that I cannot really think of now.
It's like equivalent to buying a branded handbag but cannot use? You get the drift? It becomes a fashion/status symbol, at the cost of your wellbeing.

Long story short, consider whether you're paying for more than you think.
From unnecessary inconveniences, to constant irritation, and hopefully not a physical price.

Disclaimer:
Have tried IKEA chairs, bought into marketing hype and misinformation of some of the gaming branded chairs, regretted, developed skipped disc. Spent a fortune to buy a chair that does not hurt as much. Still suffering from pain.

Last edited:

zensushi

Reaction score
Just realised that my 20-months old TITAN chair is also peeling in places already. :sad: :(

Noticed that the Carousell rewrapping/reupholstering service has an option for "Premium PU leather". Is this the same quality as the one on the Secretlab chairs? i.e. it is probable that the peeling will occur again within two years?

Now have to consider whether to re-wrap the chair or to just throw it away eventually & get a Herman Miller to replace it. :s11:

Swiftbladez

Master Member
Reaction score
Just realised that my 20-months old TITAN chair is also peeling in places already. :sad: :(

Noticed that the Carousell rewrapping/reupholstering service has an option for "Premium PU leather". Is this the same quality as the one on the Secretlab chairs? i.e. it is probable that the peeling will occur again within two years?

Now have to consider whether to re-wrap the chair or to just throw it away eventually & get a Herman Miller to replace it. :s11:

PU will definitely peel. "premium" maybe last a bit longer that's all. But I'm quite sure Secretlabs uses "premium" PU too haha.

me_jul

Reaction score
https://sg.carousell.com/p/leather-fabric-rewrapping-for-gaming-chairs-etc-secretlab-229484131/

i used his service changed napped leather. get a free Logo design. look cool for me. Nappa leather feel great. Less hot than PU leather.

Secretlab offer me lousy trade in to get new chair.

How is his service and quality of leather? How long have you been using and any issues so far? Am looking to rewrap my chair. Peeling in more places already. I can more or less peel off big patches of PU leather from my chair.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.