HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

Like Tree105Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2019, 12:08 AM   #451

sounds real bad, guess no secret lab.
wonder what’s a equivalent good gaming chair then?
if u are talking about gaming chair (and nth else), you may consider dxracer.
my friend's dxracer condition outlive my other friend and my SL chair.

dxracer's wheels are a problem but can change easily unlike skin peeling.
Mainboard
Asus H97-PRO GAMER
Graphics Card
Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
Memory
8 GB RAM
Display
LG 34UC99
Storage
WD 1TB, Samsung 750 EVO 120GB SSD
Optical Storage
-
Casing
Cooler Master Elite 430
PSU
-
Audio
iFi Audio IDSD micro
OS
Windows 10 Home

lunarsong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2019, 09:40 AM   #452
Master Member

Wear and tear is normal. Over time peel is alright. But if peel too fast then not alright.
Processor
Ryzen R5 3600
Mainboard
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Graphics Card
Palit GTX 980 TI
Memory
Crucial Ballistix 16GB x 2 DDR4 @ 3200 MHz
Display
Some 4K 39" Korean display
Storage
Intel 530 240GB, 2 x Samsung F3 1TB @ Raid 0, Hitachi 7200RPM 1TB, WD Black 1TB
Casing
NZXT H510
PSU
FSP Aurum 650W
Audio
Creative SoundBlaster Z, Audioengine A5
OS
Windows 10

Swiftbladez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #453

I am actually getting mine done with the seller. They have a registered company that sells some Automotive parts on Qoo10.

You can even see that he is selling Refurbished SL chairs already holstered with Napa Leather that is priced at the same price as the PU leather chairs for SL.

Yes, it is customizable. I am getting 3 logos done on mine. Just top up $20 for each additional logo.

Seller has even the carbon design done on the leather as I wanted it to be as close to the original design as possible. Just with a change of leather to Napa. Mine is out of warranty and only started peeling after 2 years. SL will take my Titan for the same price as an Omega. $75. Screw that. No more SL for me.

Also since you asked about warranty, I asked on your behalf. Yes, they provide warranty. 1 years worth. But Napa leather will last way longer than that.

So basically, mine has 2 different leathers. But you can have more so you can have many different colours on your chair per area. I'd say that's a steal. I like the Omega/Titan design. But I hate to have the chair go to waste just because of leather. Knowing I can easily repair it in the future, brings me much assurance.

The seller is having a delay in building the chair. High chance because I'm not the only one seeking his service after the previous poster posted about it.

Payment wise, half is deposit, the other is COD when they deliver back your chair to you.
Do u have link to share?

Carousel link no longer working
tatz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 04:31 PM   #454

Do u have link to share?

Carousel link no longer working
It's this link. He changed to a new one.

https://sg.carousell.com/p/leather-f...lab-220269217/

He can do any design of logo that you want along with mixing and matching leather colours. Do something like the new Batman Secretlab chair if you want. I tried to stick mine to the original look just with the name changed and the logo changed to A that I made. You can get more creative or do a more tried and tested logo so that it will look best.

The Napa leather... So surreal. I love this matte black design. It looks super sleek and stunning in real life. You can't even see any separate pieces of leather like the fake PU leather that Secretlab uses. You just have way more options with the choice of Napa leather colour too. He's very precise. You can even choose the stitching colour as well. I chose grey and it really looks best.
I loved the carbon fibre design of the original so I had mine replaced with his PU leather version for the sides to match the old carbon fibre design as well. You can add as many logos for additional $20 each.

Choose to your heart's content. Any colour you want. Only issue for me was that I paid a deposit to expedite the re-upholstery and delivery process. But it got delayed from 1-2 weeks to roughly a month.

From the initial 28 Feb that I messaged him, discussed about the design. All the way to 6 March when he collected it down to 1st April when he delivered it back to me. But its understandable. From the original post that someone else did, I too was interested. So there was a sudden spike of people wanting to do the re-upholstery at the same time as me. That's why. And not to mention, I did ask him to take his time. Cos I don't want a half-baked chair rushed to completion.

I got to agree. The chair is generally cooler to sit on. Like it cools down quite fast and doesn't get hot as fast. Also, there's this sense of sturdiness to it. Its Napa leather after all. I love it. My own customized design chair. Anyway, my work office does have mesh chair and it does have a back support. But its just not the same as this chair. There's also this leathery smell similar to getting a real leather wallet. Love it. No worries. It's not overpowering but it does smell of quality even though its cheap! Cheaper than the ridiculous $1300+ Napa leather Titan chair with that ugly colour.

I wanted a shiny rose gold colour, I got my shiny rose gold colour. Sorry my phone overly brightened the picture due to it being black but at least you can see how pristine the matte black leather looks like. Super nice texture. This was just when I got the chair. So don't mind the dirty armrest. He tapes the armrest to know which chair belongs to who. So he won't just anyhow reassemble your chair on someone else's chair frame.

I don't really like to write early reviews cos as you know, the chairs only show their true colours when exposed to our body heat, sweat and what not. So consider this my first impressions. Those with Napa leather chairs for their cars should be able to explain in further detail how long these chairs can last.

Processor
i9-9900k w/ NZXT Kraken X62 280mm
Mainboard
Asus ROG Z390 Maximus XI Code
Graphics Card
Gigabyte AORUS Geforce RTX 2080 Ti XTREME 11G w/ NZXT G12 & Kraken X62
Memory
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz
Display
Acer Predator XB271HU IPS 1440p w/ G-SYNC & 165Hz, BenQ ZOWIE XL2546 240Hz
Storage
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 840 PRO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Optical Storage
Asus 24x DVD Writer
Casing
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
PSU
Seasonic PRIME 850 W Titanium
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X7, Logitech Z906 5.1 Speaker System, E-MU Teak
OS
Windows 10 Pro

LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 04:44 PM   #455

He can do any design of logo that you want along with mixing and matching leather colours. Do something like the new Batman Secretlab chair if you want. I tried to stick mine to the original look just with the name changed and the logo changed to A that I made. You can get more creative or do a more tried and tested logo so that it will look best.

The Napa leather... So surreal. I love this matte black design. It looks super sleek and stunning in real life. You can't even see any separate pieces of leather like the fake PU leather that Secretlab uses. You just have way more options with the choice of Napa leather colour too. He's very precise. You can even choose the stitching colour as well. I chose grey and it really looks best.
I loved the carbon fibre design of the original so I had mine replaced with his PU leather version for the sides to match the old carbon fibre design as well. You can add as many logos for additional $20 each.

Choose to your heart's content. Any colour you want. Only issue for me was that I paid a deposit to expedite the re-upholstery and delivery process. But it got delayed from 1-2 weeks to roughly a month.

From the initial 28 Feb that I messaged him, discussed about the design. All the way to 6 March when he collected it down to 1st April when he delivered it back to me. But its understandable. From the original post that someone else did, I too was interested. So there was a sudden spike of people wanting to do the re-upholstery at the same time as me. That's why. And not to mention, I did ask him to take his time. Cos I don't want a half-baked chair rushed to completion.

I got to agree. The chair is generally cooler to sit on. Like it cools down quite fast and doesn't get hot as fast. Also, there's this sense of sturdiness to it. Its Napa leather after all. I love it. My own customized design chair. Anyway, my work office does have mesh chair and it does have a back support. But its just not the same as this chair. There's also this leathery smell similar to getting a real leather wallet. Love it. No worries. It's not overpowering but it does smell of quality even though its cheap! Cheaper than the ridiculous $1300+ Napa leather Titan chair with that ugly colour.

I wanted a shiny rose gold colour, I got my shiny rose gold colour. Sorry my phone overly brightened the picture due to it being black but at least you can see how pristine the matte black leather looks like. Super nice texture. This was just when I got the chair. So don't mind the dirty armrest. He tapes the armrest to know which chair belongs to who. So he won't just anyhow reassemble your chair on someone else's chair frame.

I don't really like to write early reviews cos as you know, the chairs only show their true colours when exposed to our body heat, sweat and what not. So consider this my first impressions. Those with Napa leather chairs for their cars should be able to explain in further detail how long these chairs can last.

wow the napa leather wrapping price is damn chio.....very cheap then buying new from.........
Processor
Intel I9-9900K H100I Pro RGB OC @ 5GHZ
Mainboard
Msi MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
Graphics Card
RTX 2070 Msi Armor 8GB
Memory
Corsair Vengeance Pro 32gb 3200mhz OC@3733Mhz
Display
Acer Predator XB271HU
Storage
256GB M.2 Samsung 950 Pro 1TB M.2 Samsung 860 EVO 1TB WD Black 3TB Seagate BarraCuda
Casing
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass
PSU
Seasonic X 750w
Audio
Realtek ALC887
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

xtractor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 07:21 PM   #456
High Supremacy Member

nice... will do mine with him also when my chair condition gets worst...
Processor
AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X
Graphics Card
NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
Memory
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4
Display
Samsung 32" 2560*1440
Storage
512GB NVMe | 2TB 2.5" SSD
Audio
Topping DX3 Pro | PreSonus Eris 3.5 | PreSonus Temblor T8
OS
Windows 10 Pro

Elijahonli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 09:55 PM   #457

he charge $275 to do the napa leather upholstery?

nice... will do mine with him also when my chair condition gets worst...
saggice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 12:07 AM   #458

he charge $275 to do the napa leather upholstery?
Yup. But take the price of delivery of $50 into equation. So consider it as $325.
You must pay a deposit of $160 upfront for him to buy the necessary stuff. You can pay the remaining amount at the time he delivers your chair back to you.
Processor
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Storage
Optical Storage
Asus 24x DVD Writer
Casing
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
PSU
Audio
OS
Windows 10 Pro

Old 22-04-2019, 12:10 AM   #459
Master Member

Honestly, is the softweave version better? I know it still hasn't stood the test of time but material wise, it should not have the peeling issues. My chair just broke after 4 years of use and thinking of replacing. Not keen on HM as I only otherwise use the chair when gaming and not worth spending so much. Those with softweave, happy to hear your experience so far. Thanks in advance!
Processor
INTEL Core i9 9900KS @ 5.2 GHz(C) / 4.7GHz(R) (1.36V) | EK-Supremacy Classic RGB - Nickel + Plexi
Mainboard
GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus MASTER | 2 X EK-CoolStream Classic SE 360 | EK-XRES 250 SPC PWM Classic RGB
Graphics Card
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO | EK-FC Trio RTX 2080 Ti Classic RGB
Memory
4 x 8GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3,600MHz DDR4 (16-16-16-36 2T) @ 4,200MHz (17-17-17-38 2T)
Display
ALIENWARE 34" Ultra-Wide Curved Gaming IPS LCD AW3418DW (120Hz)
Storage
SAMSUNG 970 Evo NVMe M2 1TB
Optical Storage
EXTINCT.
Casing
THERMALTAKE View 71 TG Edition | 13 X THERMALTAKE Premium Riing Plus Fans
PSU
CORSAIR AX1200i (Custom Cables)
Audio
CORSAIR SP2500 | RAZER Thresher 7.1 TE
OS
MICROSOFT Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

elmariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 01:06 AM   #460
High Supremacy Member

Yup. But take the price of delivery of $50 into equation. So consider it as $325.
You must pay a deposit of $160 upfront for him to buy the necessary stuff. You can pay the remaining amount at the time he delivers your chair back to you.
$50 delivery does it include collection from us?
Processor
AMD Ryzen™ 7 3700X
Graphics Card
NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
Memory
32GB 3200Mhz DDR4
Display
Samsung 32" 2560*1440
Storage
512GB NVMe | 2TB 2.5" SSD
Audio
Topping DX3 Pro | PreSonus Eris 3.5 | PreSonus Temblor T8
OS
Windows 10 Pro

Elijahonli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 05:13 AM   #461

$50 delivery does it include collection from us?
Yup. It's for both when they collect and deliver your chair back to you. No hidden charges or anything that they have not told you upfront. Which is good.
Processor
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Storage
Optical Storage
Asus 24x DVD Writer
Casing
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
PSU
Audio
OS
Windows 10 Pro

Old 22-04-2019, 11:11 AM   #462
Master Member

Honestly, is the softweave version better? I know it still hasn't stood the test of time but material wise, it should not have the peeling issues. My chair just broke after 4 years of use and thinking of replacing. Not keen on HM as I only otherwise use the chair when gaming and not worth spending so much. Those with softweave, happy to hear your experience so far. Thanks in advance!

It's just comparing fabric vs faux leather lor, take your pick. both have their own pros and cons.

You can look at those china alternatives too (those more expensive ones like ~$300 ~ $400, i think there are a couple of mentions in the ergonomic chair thread.
elmariachi likes this.
Processor
Ryzen R5 3600
Mainboard
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Graphics Card
Palit GTX 980 TI
Memory
Crucial Ballistix 16GB x 2 DDR4 @ 3200 MHz
Display
Some 4K 39" Korean display
Storage
Intel 530 240GB, 2 x Samsung F3 1TB @ Raid 0, Hitachi 7200RPM 1TB, WD Black 1TB
Casing
NZXT H510
PSU
FSP Aurum 650W
Audio
Creative SoundBlaster Z, Audioengine A5
OS
Windows 10

Swiftbladez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 11:59 AM   #463

best to wipe off those human oils after use if possible .
Xaviervax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 09:31 PM   #464
High Supremacy Member

Processor
AMD 3900X
Mainboard
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS PRO WIFI AMD
Graphics Card
ZOTAC RTX 2070 Super
Memory
G.Skill Trident 2 * 8GB RGB
Display
Acer Predator X34P
Storage
SSD1 ADATA 1TB, SSD 2 Samsung EVO 850 1TB, SSD3 Sandisk 960GB, WD Black 2TB
Optical Storage
still got people use meh ?
Casing
NZXT H510 Compact Mid-Tower
PSU
Seasonic FOCUS GX-650, 650W 80+ Gold
Audio
KEF LSX, MDR-1000X, ATH M40X
OS
Windows 10 Home

koroshiya8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2019, 10:23 PM   #465

Customer service is ******** man. My lumbar support pillow's zipper scratched my backrest. Now my backrest have a few scratches. When i contact them, they said its not covered by warranty.... Their own product can cause scratches among themselves. Very disappointing...
Processor
Intel - Core i5-6400 2.7 GHz Quad-Core
Mainboard
MSI - B150 Gaming M3 ATX LGA1151
Graphics Card
Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB AMP! Edition
Memory
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (4 x 4 GB) DDR4-3200
Display
Asus - VX278H 27.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor
Storage
OCZ-TRION 240GB 2.5" SSD / WD-Blue 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM HDD / Seagate-Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
Casing
Corsair - Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower
PSU
Corsair - RMx 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX
Audio
Creative Stage
OS
Windows 10

Fenrir8080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.