If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My secret lab omega (2016) is badly peeled and I am considering reuphostlery/replacing the chair entirely.

The spring mechanism also has a strong creaking sound as if something has broken inside.

Wondering if I should use reuphostlery or get a new chair? Not sure how more years can the mechanism continue to hold out or whether it will become a safety issue.

Get a used herman Miller aeron.. U going to thank me many years to come..

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Chrysanthemum001

Reaction score
Just some information for people who want to purchase Secretlab chair in Singapore.

I have gotten a Secret Lab Throne chair 1 year plus ago (didn't even reach 2 years lifespan), and not only the leather peel off quite badly, but every now and then I need to sweep the floor. The chair legs also experienced erosion.

*Unfortunately I still cannot post any images or links yet as I do not have sufficient post count. PM me if you are interested and I will share with you.

As the chair has barely reached 1 year plus to result in such deteriorated condition, I am disappointed. Honestly, most of the time I am in office and I do not sit on this chair, maybe more often on weekends. To begin with, Secret Lab chair are not cheap as I respect it as a premium product and best of breed in the market.

Similarly to most of the people, Secret Lab has also shared with me my current chair trade in value and a servicing fee of $49. I didn't find both of the option of trading in my chair and top for the new chair or servicing the chair with a fee attractive if I need to always buy a new chair with quite little trade in value or servicing the chair every less than 2 years life span

I sincerely hope a reputable company like Secret Lab should at the very least provide excellent retention customer service for their customers. But unfortunately they didn't.

Just to share with your my personal experience with Secret Lab chair. If you are staying in cold countries, maybe the chair will not peel off as bad as the humid weather in Singapore.

Tan Gee Ming

Reaction score
Just some information for people who want to purchase Secretlab chair in Singapore.

I have gotten a Secret Lab Throne chair 1 year plus ago (didn't even reach 2 years lifespan), and not only the leather peel off quite badly, but every now and then I need to sweep the floor. The chair legs also experienced erosion.

*Unfortunately I still cannot post any images or links yet as I do not have sufficient post count. PM me if you are interested and I will share with you.

As the chair has barely reached 1 year plus to result in such deteriorated condition, I am disappointed. Honestly, most of the time I am in office and I do not sit on this chair, maybe more often on weekends. To begin with, Secret Lab chair are not cheap as I respect it as a premium product and best of breed in the market.

Similarly to most of the people, Secret Lab has also shared with me my current chair trade in value and a servicing fee of $49. I didn't find both of the option of trading in my chair and top for the new chair or servicing the chair with a fee attractive if I need to always buy a new chair with quite little trade in value or servicing the chair every less than 2 years life span

I sincerely hope a reputable company like Secret Lab should at the very least provide excellent retention customer service for their customers. But unfortunately they didn't.

Just to share with your my personal experience with Secret Lab chair. If you are staying in cold countries, maybe the chair will not peel off as bad as the humid weather in Singapore.

feel sad for you. the most important lesson i ever learned in life is that all these shops only care about $$, once they received your $$, they dont care about u anymore. now, i never buy anything unless those things are cheap and they are the things i desired very much.

Enique

Reaction score
This is how secretlab $899 chair become after 2 Years

9309Btk

Trans-Am

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is those white patch?

Sent from A universe Where pink PWNED everything using GAGT

samwong1

Reaction score
Mine started flaking and peeling too. Disappointed that a $500 chair can't last more than 2 years. No more Secretlab chairs for me.

ayuluv

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my brandless korean mesh chair lasted me for 5 years and still doing fine

And its really cheap and affordable lol

LouisSaha

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If peel , anyone go for upholstery? Or just dump it away? $500 chair dump away, so sad :(

noslalson

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine started flaking and peeling too. Disappointed that a $500 chair can't last more than 2 years. No more Secretlab chairs for me.

If peel , anyone go for upholstery? Or just dump it away? $500 chair dump away, so sad :(

Thought they said something about extending the warranty? Maybe can have a look at their website to see if you guys can extend or not.. nt sure if it applies to the chairs you guys bought

Meanwhile the chair in my house is fabric, heng dont have this problem:s13:

zhihao57

Reaction score
Anyone bought their fabric/cloth chair?

Gotten it last year, forget when alr, but until now still doing okay. Quite satisfied with the cloth chair, but of cos have to be careful when eating/drinking stuff, cos its cloth afterall:s22:

chaoprokia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thought they said something about extending the warranty? Maybe can have a look at their website to see if you guys can extend or not.. nt sure if it applies to the chairs you guys bought

Meanwhile the chair in my house is fabric, heng dont have this problem:s13:
I think the issue is secretlab sell us expensive chair when we claim for warranty they dump us out as if we are pest.

If it can’t last through 2 years warranty. It’s hopeless to pay a premium.

Good luck to the rest for brought them.

As for me I never believe their company.

A company they have such high margin yet lousy support don’t deserve to be support by local community.

noslalson

Master Member
Reaction score
I think the issue is secretlab sell us expensive chair when we claim for warranty they dump us out as if we are pest.

If it can’t last through 2 years warranty. It’s hopeless to pay a premium.

Good luck to the rest for brought them.

As for me I never believe their company.

A company they have such high margin yet lousy support don’t deserve to be support by local community.

I didn't follow the entire thread, so you guys are saying that the support team is bad?

Well anyway guess im lucky I bought fabric then. No problem so far

OceanEleven

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys with peeling issues and under warranty, what did Secretlab offered to solve the issue?

Bus555

Reaction score
Hi all,

Since it's already 2020, For those using the 2020 version, how was it so far?

& the reason for peeling, am guessing, for the peeling of PU leather is mainly due to working under non-air conditional environment?

thank you

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

& the reason for peeling, am guessing, for the peeling of PU leather is mainly due to working under non-air conditional environment?

thank you

My 2020 softweave version still as good as new. No issues to complain so far.

Last edited:

tigerwoods

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

thank you

Got Aircon still will peel. All fake leather peels.

Posted from PCWX using Jedi mind trick.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.