If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

chaoprokia

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I considered getting the OMEGA re-wrapped after reading about the service somewhere on a HWZ thread (this one?)...but the cost wasn't attractive for a $400~$500+ chair. Also, someone mentioned that the same peeling will happen with the new upholstery in the future.

This new offer of a replacement set is cheaper. + brand new parts & factory-fitted (?) PRIME™ 2.0 PU upholstery. Might go for it for my current TITAN chair.

Reading up on Royale's "automotive leather" puts forth another option. May spend the ~$600 on a new chair from them instead. Has longer warranty with free delivery & assembly included in the price.

oh i change it to nappa pay $500++.

real leather can last longer. dont wan to sweep floor for flakes again headache.

Aetherion

Reaction score
Secretlab just sent an email offering trade-in value or replacement set (at a price) for their products, even for those out of warranty.

https://bit.ly/2xWAzdF

KxuzPnB.png

I have already thrown away one OMEGA chair. Have a badly-peeling TITAN chair still.

Wonder if can get trade-in value/compensation for the discarded OMEGA chair, using proof of purchase... :s8:

Positive development...but let's see how committed they are to honouring their promise.

How come I never receive such email.
Do they only send to certain customers?

Solidus_GZ

Master Member
Reaction score
My leather replacement only comes in June, anyone got their leather replaced?
after this one peel again, time to re holster it with something real

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I considered getting the OMEGA re-wrapped after reading about the service somewhere on a HWZ thread (this one?)...but the cost wasn't attractive for a $400~$500+ chair. Also, someone mentioned that the same peeling will happen with the new upholstery in the future.

This new offer of a replacement set is cheaper. + brand new parts & factory-fitted (?) PRIME™ 2.0 PU upholstery. Might go for it for my current TITAN chair.

Reading up on Royale's "automotive leather" puts forth another option. May spend the ~$600 on a new chair from them instead. Has longer warranty with free delivery & assembly included in the price.

though I'm also thinking on my HM Aeron purchase, would strongly recommend settling for an end-game chair since you've already set aside the money than try the different gaming chairs

SL continues to be one of my biggest regrets :/

zensushi

Reaction score
though I'm also thinking on my HM Aeron purchase, would strongly recommend settling for an end-game chair since you've already set aside the money than try the different gaming chairs

SL continues to be one of my biggest regrets :/

Was close to purchasing the HM Aeron before ** put a dampener on the enthusiasm.

But apparently, the comfort aspect is not universally agreed upon, as gathered from views in this very thread.

So, now I will make it a point to try out the chair for myself before I plonk down $2k on it.

The peeling issue aside, I am happy with the fit, comfort & sturdiness of both my Secretlab chairs. Was about to give up on them due to the PU-peeling & lack of desire for customer retention (measly trade-in offer) before this service recovery effort. :)

zensushi

Reaction score
I have already submitted the request for the replacement set via Google Forms. :o

zensushi

Reaction score
As expected, from Secretlab:

*Trade-in value can be used for all available models unless stated otherwise, the trade-in value cannot be used in conjunction with ongoing promotions.

This makes the trade-in value next-to-useless. Might be better off looking out for periodic offers that may exceed the $120-$150 trade-in values offered. & possibly, with free shipping to boot.

Disappointed. :(

jfreex98

Reaction score
As expected, from Secretlab:

This makes the trade-in value next-to-useless. Might be better off looking out for periodic offers that may exceed the $120-$150 trade-in values offered. & possibly, with free shipping to boot.

Disappointed. :(

I think their sales dropped.. when perodic offer come out means something is wrong with their revenue, unless they are like prism+ which from day one of their business there are always 50% off all along marketing strategy.

Can profit how much just take profit first. From old customers like me i believe they still earn by replacing the peeled pu to newer version.. as salty as i may sound, im not gonna spend $99 + $29 shipping fee and give them a chance anymore. Use 1yr already started peeling still need to pay them to replace with '4x more durable PU' again.

Ill be happy to still use the cloth cover for my current secretlab omega and continue using steam cleaner to kill and mold or bacteria on it.

Zakhri32

Reaction score
Luckily I using their Titan softweave version still going strong, already learnt my lesson with PU leathers. Only problem with softweave is the lint and cat fur, have to use sticky roller to remove.

Last edited:

D0ryfish

Reaction score
After much consideration and research, am getting the softweave version. Theres this pink bunny which is too cute to be true. Can someone send me the referral link or promo code please? Thank you very much.

tituswhon

Reaction score
Anybody got email for replacement program for peeling? Just to see if anyone got any comment on the replacement program

tituswhon

Reaction score
What do you mean? Or you referring to those still under warranty? :s11:

Secretlab offering replacement of the base and cushion even for those out of warranty at $79 to $99 with additional transportation fees of $29. They also giving 2 years warranty for peeling. Sounds good but want to hear what others think

zensushi

Reaction score
Secretlab offering replacement of the base and cushion even for those out of warranty at $79 to $99 with additional transportation fees of $29. They also giving 2 years warranty for peeling. Sounds good but want to hear what others think

Yes...that's what the recent discussions here have been about.

Myself & a few others have also placed orders for the replacement set.

There is also a concurrent discussion ongoing at EDMW:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/secretlab-owner-6261278.html

zensushi

Reaction score
If anyone wants to buy a new Secretlab chair within these next 4 days (up to 23 May 2020), I have a very good discount code to pass on to you.

Only for serious buyer, please? Do not be selfish & let the discount code go to waste.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.