HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come.

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-04-2020, 05:15 PM   #751
Great Supremacy Member

same. lower back issue. also find it uncomfy
but when tell tis to people without lower back problem. they will never get it.

I sat on a SL chair at my friend's home and it's honestly very uncomfortable since I have lower back issues. Almost 2 years later his chair looks like it's rotting and he toss it away. He ended up buying an Ergohuman chair.
wc1985 likes this.
Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 05:19 PM   #752

same. lower back issue. also find it uncomfy
but when tell tis to people without lower back problem. they will never get it.
I personally very jealous of people without any lower back issues can sit any chair. A good chair goes a long way for people like us.
Godeau likes this.
Mainboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
Graphics Card
GeForce GTX 1080 Founder Edition 8GB
Memory
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Display
Acer XB271HU
Storage
Samsung SM950 m.2, Sandisk 240gb, 2x 3TB WD Greens
Casing
Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV MicroATX Mini Tower Case
PSU
Corsair AX760i
OS
Windows 10 Professional

Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 07:47 PM   #753
Supremacy Member

I personally very jealous of people without any lower back issues can sit any chair. A good chair goes a long way for people like us.
i’m going for my 2nd slipped disc operation in june

herman miller aeron did not really help in my case.
Processor
AMD Ryzen 3900X + IS-60 HSF
Mainboard
Gigabyte X570-I Aorus Pro Wi-Fi
Graphics Card
ASUS Turbo GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6
Memory
Corsair Vengeance® LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
Display
Acer VG272UP
Storage
Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 2TB x2 in RAID 0
Casing
Fractal Design Node 202
PSU
Corsair SF600 80 PLUS® Platinum
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Charlie_Zhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 07:56 PM   #754

Omg which number the slipdisc? Or the disc number? People might not agree with me but HM is not for every single person. It's not that comfortable for me.
Processor
Intel i7-6700k
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Acer XB271HU
Storage
Casing
PSU
Corsair AX760i
OS
Windows 10 Professional

Old 30-04-2020, 09:16 PM   #755
Supremacy Member

Omg which number the slipdisc? Or the disc number? People might not agree with me but HM is not for every single person. It's not that comfortable for me.
2011 was L4/L5

coming op will be L5/S1.
Processor
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Acer VG272UP
Storage
Casing
Fractal Design Node 202
PSU
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Old 30-04-2020, 09:45 PM   #756
Greater Supremacy Member

lower back problem as well.

tried Herman Miller Aeron as well.. hate it.
Mainboard
GA-MA78GM-S2H
Graphics Card
SAPPHIRE HD2600XT 256MB GDDR4
Memory
4Gb 800Mhz
Display
ViewSonic VX922
Storage
WDC 500Gb Black
Casing
Silverstone SG01-F
PSU
500W
Audio
Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Audio
OS
Windows 7 64-bit

TrueBeliever_jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2020, 10:54 PM   #757

2011 was L4/L5

coming op will be L5/S1.
Wah lao this sounds scary. Mine still haven't gotten to the stage need surgery...
Processor
Intel i7-6700k
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Acer XB271HU
Storage
Casing
PSU
Corsair AX760i
OS
Windows 10 Professional

Old 30-04-2020, 10:54 PM   #758

Maybe should try ergohuman or Haworth. Seriously.
TrueBeliever_jh likes this.
Processor
Intel i7-6700k
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Acer XB271HU
Storage
Casing
PSU
Corsair AX760i
OS
Windows 10 Professional

Old 01-05-2020, 08:48 AM   #759
Greater Supremacy Member

Maybe should try ergohuman or Haworth. Seriously.
SL is the most comfortable leh~
Mainboard
GA-MA78GM-S2H
Graphics Card
SAPPHIRE HD2600XT 256MB GDDR4
Memory
4Gb 800Mhz
Display
ViewSonic VX922
Storage
WDC 500Gb Black
Casing
Silverstone SG01-F
PSU
500W
Audio
Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme Audio
OS
Windows 7 64-bit

TrueBeliever_jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:23 PM   #760
Master Member

Aeron many people complain don't feel good because it forces you to sit in a correct manner. There is this getting used time as your body adjust from a usual terrible position to one that is proper.

That is also why therapists etc do recommend chairs like the aeron because it is good for your health if you do it right and because it forces you to do it right, it will eventually be better.

then again your condition might be different.

SL for instance or any other cushioned chairs out there sometimes the "ergonomics" is just a marketing term used. It is designed to be comfortable for most people (a.k.a anyhow sit, probably not optimal for health but hey its easier to feel comfort that way).

Then again the best is also to not sit on your chair 12 hours straight with no stretching Any chair is ok as long as you stretch and stand up every hour or so.
TrueBeliever_jh and Godeau like this.
Processor
Ryzen R5 3600
Mainboard
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Graphics Card
Palit GTX 980 TI
Memory
Crucial Ballistix 16GB x 2 DDR4 @ 3200 MHz
Display
Some 4K 39" Korean display
Storage
Intel 530 240GB, 2 x Samsung F3 1TB @ Raid 0, Hitachi 7200RPM 1TB, WD Black 1TB
Casing
NZXT H510
PSU
FSP Aurum 650W
Audio
Creative SoundBlaster Z, Audioengine A5
OS
Windows 10

Swiftbladez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 05:21 PM   #761

Unfortunately, to say that these Gaming Chairs' ergonomics is just marketing fluff is not true. I used the earliest DX Racer chairs. They were sized as what I'd consider as tight fit and like you mentioned for the Aeron, forces you to sit in a certain manner.

I had years of back pain prior to that. No thanks to using the awful chairs in school back then. I couldn't stand for more 1 hour without the pain getting unbearable. So bus rides to school which took more than an hour is torture if I were to stand up. NS just made it worst though I was PES A. I just tolerated it through. But in a way, the training helped to strengthen my back muscle so the only times I feel the pain was again, standing in buses. It was with me to uni as well.
I had to tolerate it for years.

Until I saw a review of the DX Racer chair. It pushes your thighs and shoulder into a certain position and you can't really stretch or lay yourself back any other way. Within the first few months of using it myself, my back pain improved significantly. This was in the latter half of my uni studies back then. So bus/train rides to school and back got way better.
I had completely forgotten that I even had a back pain now. I have never experienced it ever since I got that DX Racer chair and now owning a Secretlab Titan (with Royale's upholstery).

I mean, for sure, the Secretlab chairs are way more spacious than the original small fit DX Racers. I sit in many 'comfortable' ways with the Titan due to the amount of free space for me to move about in the chair.
But most importantly, my back pain is not back. That's what matters. And I'm not the only one that says these racer/gaming chairs do not put you in a ergonomic posture and helps to relieve your back pains. After all, these chairs were designed for people in actual race cars to begin with. Thus posture matters a lot more than you think with all those bumpy rides and hits on it. It is just that someone thought it'd be a good idea to turn those racing chairs into an office chair and call it 'Gaming' chairs.
It seems that over the years, people have forgotten where the science and ergonomics behind the chair comes from. So they find these 'Gaming' chairs to be nothing but marketing but forgetting the science behind what these chairs were designed for to begin with.

For me personally, I hate the Secretlab chairs due to it tearing apart after 2 years and giving an awful after sales service. I went with the upholstery service with actual real leather and I like it. Not love.
The real test with this real leather was when unfortunately, my cat scratched the leather. But that was months ago. Thank goodness, my leather damage never got bigger and bigger over time like with the PU leather that Secretlab uses where it would keep on peeling from the initial peel. The best part is, it even looks like it is undamaged. So thumbs up for real leather on the chair.
Processor
i9-9900k w/ NZXT Kraken X62 280mm
Mainboard
Asus ROG Z390 Maximus XI Code
Graphics Card
Gigabyte AORUS Geforce RTX 2080 Ti XTREME 11G w/ NZXT G12 & Kraken X62
Memory
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz
Display
Acer Predator XB271HU IPS 1440p w/ G-SYNC & 165Hz, BenQ ZOWIE XL2546 240Hz
Storage
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 840 PRO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB
Optical Storage
Asus 24x DVD Writer
Casing
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
PSU
Seasonic PRIME 850 W Titanium
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X7, Logitech Z906 5.1 Speaker System, E-MU Teak
OS
Windows 10 Pro

LiLAsN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:58 PM   #762

Aware of the peeling issue with the old models but anyone with the 2020 SL models and still facing the peeling issue? Do their 5 year warranty cover (and honour) said peeling issue for the 2020 models?
ryouma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:45 PM   #763
Great Supremacy Member

they haven't felt the strain only.
all the chairs named here forces u to sit in a certain manner to fix ur problem. unfortunately a lot of people with back problem in here dont find the SL helping their condition.

Last edited by Asakura; 02-05-2020 at 05:52 PM..
Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:26 PM   #764
Supremacy Member

they haven't felt the strain only.
all the chairs named here forces u to sit in a certain manner to fix ur problem. unfortunately a lot of people with back problem in here dont find the SL helping their condition.
my hm aeron is not helping with my back for the past handful of years as well. that’s y i decided i buy a softweave version of SL to try.
Processor
Mainboard
Graphics Card
Memory
Display
Acer VG272UP
Storage
Casing
Fractal Design Node 202
PSU
OS
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Old 03-05-2020, 04:17 AM   #765
Arch-Supremacy Member

Unfortunately, to say that these Gaming Chairs' ergonomics is just marketing fluff is not true. I used the earliest DX Racer chairs. They were sized as what I'd consider as tight fit and like you mentioned for the Aeron, forces you to sit in a certain manner.

I had years of back pain prior to that. No thanks to using the awful chairs in school back then. I couldn't stand for more 1 hour without the pain getting unbearable. So bus rides to school which took more than an hour is torture if I were to stand up. NS just made it worst though I was PES A. I just tolerated it through. But in a way, the training helped to strengthen my back muscle so the only times I feel the pain was again, standing in buses. It was with me to uni as well.
I had to tolerate it for years.

Until I saw a review of the DX Racer chair. It pushes your thighs and shoulder into a certain position and you can't really stretch or lay yourself back any other way. Within the first few months of using it myself, my back pain improved significantly. This was in the latter half of my uni studies back then. So bus/train rides to school and back got way better.
I had completely forgotten that I even had a back pain now. I have never experienced it ever since I got that DX Racer chair and now owning a Secretlab Titan (with Royale's upholstery).

I mean, for sure, the Secretlab chairs are way more spacious than the original small fit DX Racers. I sit in many 'comfortable' ways with the Titan due to the amount of free space for me to move about in the chair.
But most importantly, my back pain is not back. That's what matters. And I'm not the only one that says these racer/gaming chairs do not put you in a ergonomic posture and helps to relieve your back pains. After all, these chairs were designed for people in actual race cars to begin with. Thus posture matters a lot more than you think with all those bumpy rides and hits on it. It is just that someone thought it'd be a good idea to turn those racing chairs into an office chair and call it 'Gaming' chairs.
It seems that over the years, people have forgotten where the science and ergonomics behind the chair comes from. So they find these 'Gaming' chairs to be nothing but marketing but forgetting the science behind what these chairs were designed for to begin with.

For me personally, I hate the Secretlab chairs due to it tearing apart after 2 years and giving an awful after sales service. I went with the upholstery service with actual real leather and I like it. Not love.
The real test with this real leather was when unfortunately, my cat scratched the leather. But that was months ago. Thank goodness, my leather damage never got bigger and bigger over time like with the PU leather that Secretlab uses where it would keep on peeling from the initial peel. The best part is, it even looks like it is undamaged. So thumbs up for real leather on the chair.
I got the DXracer. Didn't use the back cushion because it never felt right. The PU leather peeled off like crazy after 1-2 years. Got mine changed to napa leather by the Royale guy.

Your DXracer is ok? No peeling?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.