www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come. (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/if-youre-thinking-buying-secretlab-chair-do-not-winter-will-come-5686050.html)

watzup_ken 20-09-2017 10:07 PM

There's different grades of PU leather. Cheap ones peel really fast because the leather feel layer is very thin. Think car seats are also PU leather most of the time, but I have not seen many cases of peeling car seats even when exposed to hot sun. From the sounds of it, this product is not good, especially with a hefty price tag.

For a durable and comfortable chair, I feel a good mesh type seat is still better for me. No peeling, and cooling because of the mesh.

majestixv3 21-09-2017 08:15 AM

Sorry asking noob question here. U all bought the chair got no warranty? Cannot replace faulty chair?

koroshiya8 21-09-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majestixv3 (Post 110392776)
Sorry asking noob question here. U all bought the chair got no warranty? Cannot replace faulty chair?

Wear and tear not equals to faulty.

Hot_Dog 21-09-2017 12:09 PM

Used to have a PU leather chair from vhive, same flaking issue after a year. Now using a fabric chair with mesh back.

@Corbell 21-09-2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot_Dog (Post 110396850)
Used to have a PU leather chair from vhive, same flaking issue after a year. Now using a fabric chair with mesh back.

I've been using a $200 Vhive PU leather chair for 8-9 yrs already but no flaking issue at all. Just one of the arm rest loose only.

Nakedtoes 21-09-2017 02:11 PM

Even those who got cheaper mesh chair.. Try to top up get herman miller aeron or other model.. The build quality is still heaven and hell. I tried cheaper mesh chair from hwz MO also.. The build totally not as good.. Mechanism will have squeekling sound. Parts get loose easily.

lifeishard 21-09-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakedtoes (Post 110398699)
Even those who got cheaper mesh chair.. Try to top up get herman miller aeron or other model.. The build quality is still heaven and hell. I tried cheaper mesh chair from hwz MO also.. The build totally not as good.. Mechanism will have squeekling sound. Parts get loose easily.

https://www.unwantedimports.com/shop/herman-miller-aeron-chair/

1.4k for a chair?? I rather pay for a gtx 1080ti.

Hot_Dog 21-09-2017 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @Corbell (Post 110397110)
I've been using a $200 Vhive PU leather chair for 8-9 yrs already but no flaking issue at all. Just one of the arm rest loose only.

That is interesting, could be environment also. Do you use it in an air-con room, my is non air-con. Could contact with sweat also cause it to deteriorate? I'm not sure.

But from that experience I did not buy any pu leather chair ever again hahaha. It's fabric or mesh for me.

watzup_ken 21-09-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot_Dog (Post 110405032)
That is interesting, could be environment also. Do you use it in an air-con room, my is non air-con. Could contact with sweat also cause it to deteriorate? I'm not sure.

But from that experience I did not buy any pu leather chair ever again hahaha. It's fabric or mesh for me.

That would be one of the reasons. But in short, good PU leather tend to last longer just like the ones used on car seats. They go through hot sun and sweat/ water, but I don't usually see the PU leather peeling.

lifeishard 21-09-2017 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 110405469)
That would be one of the reasons. But in short, good PU leather tend to last longer just like the ones used on car seats. They go through hot sun and sweat/ water, but I don't usually see the PU leather peeling.

Car ones won't peel, but they do crack.

Magickiller9 08-10-2017 03:10 PM

just an update.

https://i.imgur.com/22WJJOR.jpg

Lol seriously this chair cmi... I was previously in camp most of the time, only home during the weekend. Then I went uni and was home for less than 2-3hours a day... Can't be overused

|||||||||| 08-10-2017 03:32 PM

your brother fapping on the chair when you are not home.

yosemi 08-10-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brisance (Post 110154855)
http://i.imgur.com/U9VEMu0.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/3Cinvg9.jpg

It will come in the form of your chair peeling. It will Snow white and black flakes all over your room. For $500, it’s advertised as the ‘crème de la crème’ of chairs. When buying it, I figured to pay a bit more for a quality one that would last me.

This ‘Premium quality’, ‘durable’, made with ‘High quality core materials’ chair lasted me 15 months before it started to peel simultaneously in multiple places including the sides. Usage may Varys, but It’s probably not just a super abrasive butt mistreating the chair. It hasn’t seen direct sunlight, just regular ol’ Singapore humidity, like every other chair for home use.

Support offered to replace the seat and backrest leather for $150, about 30% of the chair itself. Plus a very generous complimentary bottle of ‘premium’ leather cleaner. $150 for another brief 15 months before my chair turns Greyscale and my room Castle Black? Not today.

It’s not all doom and gloom. It’s a comfortable chair for sure, and the mechanisms have held up well. It’s just that if you’re expecting it to last you for years to come, I implore you - don’t get Littlefingered.

U nv ask them why like tat?

tazzi80 08-10-2017 04:34 PM

Just get a Herman Miller, i got one from unwanted many years back, now still perfectly fine. And I don't take care of that chair at all, sweaty, dirty just sit. If need just use wet cloth to wipe. Don't even need to maintain.

Limexx 08-10-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazzi80 (Post 110689104)
Just get a Herman Miller, i got one from unwanted many years back, now still perfectly fine. And I don't take care of that chair at all, sweaty, dirty just sit. If need just use wet cloth to wipe. Don't even need to maintain.

Won't smelly meh

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT