www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   If you're thinking of buying a Secretlab chair... do NOT. Winter will come. (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/if-youre-thinking-buying-secretlab-chair-do-not-winter-will-come-5686050.html)

tazzi80 08-10-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limexx (Post 110689621)

Surprisingly no leh, haha. Just wipe down with water once in a while. I even use my steam cleaner on the chair, lol

Koenig168 08-10-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limexx (Post 110689621)

Nope. The mesh material is some kind of tough synthetic material, not fabric or leather. Even my cats couldn't scratch it.

Brisance 09-10-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yosemi (Post 110688118)
U nv ask them why like tat?

Usual copy paste answer about wear and tear not covered under warranty due to how user sits, frequency of cleaning, and 'other factors'.

logitech123 09-10-2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koenig168 (Post 110690238)
Nope. The mesh material is some kind of tough synthetic material, not fabric or leather. Even my cats couldn't scratch it.

my ergohuman mesh material is very durable but the cushion under the mesh is tearing up by my cat.
is herman miller aeron really cat proof?

my friend secretlab chair is peeling after 6mths of light usage.

Koenig168 09-10-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logitech123 (Post 110708854)
my ergohuman mesh material is very durable but the cushion under the mesh is tearing up by my cat.

Yup, pretty much. I caught one of them trimming his nails on my HM mesh and it didn't even leave a scratch.

Not sure about cushions as mine does not have one except for the small x-shaped back-rest.

Magickiller9 09-10-2017 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logitech123 (Post 110708854)

Main lesson. Don’t buy secret Lab ba. I just gotten a OSIM office chair. So much better.

tmfwy 11-10-2017 06:40 AM

For our climate, " Thin “ PU will definitely flake.

In 3 years air con environment

VHive Jupiter $359. Also PU but slightly thicker. Flaking wasn't an issue but the seams of the chair where you sit, tore off after 3 years of wear and tear. Outlook of the chair remained like 8/10

Some of the sofas, had thin PU and the majority flaked

IN less than 1 year air con environment
Inkagu J21 Mesh Chairs Fabric backing with PU base $159 when new
outlook remained the same
Squeaks from some which a little grease will help / tightening
No flaking

Ikea Markus PU version $299
Flaking after > 6 months in non-air conditioned environment

Car Seats
I releathered my car seat before. It costs a few hundred. for 2x sport seat the size of a bucket chair. rear pu and front leather. Able to sit in even under hot weather.

I won't be brand specific except to just be wary of "thin " pu plush material. Higher chance of not lasting..

akinto 12-10-2017 09:40 PM

Managed to buy the Throne 2 years back at a discounted price as a friend knew someone. I was already skeptical about these gaming chairs then but went ahead as the discount was substantial and "bundle price".

At first when I received it, I thought wah chio sia, looks like it might actually last. But like every PU leather product I've owned, I had the nagging feeling it will definitely peel in the future, question is when. Fast forward 1 year and I noticed cracks in the leather esp along the seams and lip area. Peeling was inevitable so I straight up sold the chair before it started peeling and luckily managed to recoup what I initially spent. Bought a second hand Steelcase Leap and never looked back.

Even at the price I paid(about 30% off), I still feel it's not a good buy, I'd rather invest on a HM or Steelcase and have it last 10 years than to baby and replace these China made chairs every 2-3 years. Don't need me to go into details how intentionally overpriced SL is too.

LDTXR2 13-10-2017 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadey (Post 110156362)
Only their pricing is crème de la crème

Cheap chairs sold expensive :s13:

There is no such thing as high quality PU. PU is PU, PU will flake off eventually.

:s13:

djdestiny 13-10-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 110405469)
That would be one of the reasons. But in short, good PU leather tend to last longer just like the ones used on car seats. They go through hot sun and sweat/ water, but I don't usually see the PU leather peeling.

You might find that cars actually have proper leather when it isn't cotton or whatever. But, maseratis often come with pleather that's right and they do peel off if coming into contact with water or sweat depending on thickness

yandao07 13-10-2017 12:21 PM

hi guys, I have a Secret lab Omega bought from 2 years ago and the exact same issues as TS - leather is peeling like crazy and gets stuck to you when you are sitting on the chair. Other than that, still pretty comfy but the cleaning of the leather bits that are around the room is really annoying.

runforyourlife 13-10-2017 12:26 PM

Mine is 3 years and still as good as new. But mine is the not premium range. Wonder what TS did with his chair.

winter_lai_liao 24-01-2018 07:18 PM

got my omega 1.5yr ago, now got one hole at the thigh area due to flaking.. trying vinyl repair kit to patch, not sure if it will spoil my chair lol

c0ke123 24-01-2018 08:33 PM

I'm using DxRacer king for 3 years now. So far so good no cracks or anything.

Laoniang_hippo 27-01-2018 04:26 PM

This is mine Throne V1 after 2 years.

Below is also what they said when I asked about the possibility of reholstering.

I strongly recommend NOT to buy from them. I have another DX racer chair until today still not a single sign of peeling. You pay what you get.

http://i65.tinypic.com/4iek9t.jpg

Quote:

We have checked the system, and it seems that the 18-month warranty for your Yellow Throne V1 has expired in March. Please be assured that we will still do our best to help you out with this.

We will be able to offer a brand new replacement seat base and backrest for your Throne V1 as follow:

Brand new seatbase : $45
Brand new backrest: $45

Technician transportation/assembly fees: $30

Total: $120 (inclusive of GST).

We do have a trade-in program exclusively for our Throne V1 customers, where we offer $150 trade-in value that can be used to upgrade to Omega 2018, Throne 2018 and Titan chair. This trade-in program can be used in conjunction with the ongoing Christmas Sales. With the trade-in program, the price of the Throne 2018 will be $399-$150=$249, the price of the Omega 2018 will be $469-$150=$319, and the price of the Titan chair will be $529-$150=$379.