Ink Tank System Printer

Clone_

Reaction score
How do you see the remaining ink for black?
The container is opaque :s11:
Untitled.jpg

sumantochong

Reaction score
Yusuffb01, If lets say black ink less than half, can top up? Need to do ink calibration again?

Extremme

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, Is this an old model (Epson L120)? https://www.qoo10.sg/item/EPSON-EPSON-L120-INK-TANK-PRINTER-SINGAPORE-WARRANTY/542899405

My usage is very very low. It's just for my son and daughter in Primary school (3 & 4). The last time I bought an Epson Printer (Cartridge type) 2 years back, I think I used less than 20 times and it spoilt because I seldom turned on (ie there is a persistent line appearing). After warranty, so not worth repairing.

I was told to buy ink tank type which is more appropriate for my usage. Any advise on this model?

Btw, Epson stil can use 3rd party ink right?

Thks.

Last edited:

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, Is this an old model (Epson L120)? https://www.qoo10.sg/item/EPSON-EPSON-L120-INK-TANK-PRINTER-SINGAPORE-WARRANTY/542899405

My usage is very very low. It's just for my son and daughter in Primary school (3 & 4). The last time I bought an Epson Printer (Cartridge type) 2 years back, I think I used less than 20 times and it spoilt because I seldom turned on (ie there is a persistent line appearing). After warranty, so not worth repairing.

I was told to buy ink tank type which is more appropriate for my usage. Any advise on this model?

Btw, Epson stil can use 3rd party ink right?

Thks.

all inkjet shd print once a week

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok thks. I think I will go for L360 instead. Heard some negative comments on this though on the IT Show thread but anyways, depends on individual.
Be prepared to print every week, else nozzle will clogged.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
old model is better can use third party ink and have resetting software. after like 10k pages you will get error message saying waste ink pad full. thats ********. epson put a built in failure so that you to buy new printer.

but resetting printed pages back to 0 solves the issue

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
old model is better can use third party ink and have resetting software. after like 10k pages you will get error message saying waste ink pad full. thats ********. epson put a built in failure so that you to buy new printer.

but resetting printed pages back to 0 solves the issue

so from what model onwards cannot use third party ink and reset?

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried changing your entire ink set to pigment type? Heard the printouts will be more vibrant. Any bad effects?

ryuworks

Reaction score
Am looking for a low-cost ink tank printer now, is the G2000 or the L360 better? Can't tell the difference between the two other than supposed print resolution.

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score
I just bought the Canon G2000 ink tank system. The total pricing for Black and 3 colours are actually cheap at taobao $21.xx.

The total prints for the first time to fill up the print head and the tubes. I managed to print a total of 5680 black and 5666 colour pages. Till I fill up the subsequent refill I managed to hit 6120 black and 5997 colour.

This is my first ink printer and damn the cost per print is dirt cheap and impressive.

Printing of lecture notes using laser is far more expensive. But however the text are damn sharp against ink tank system. But later weigh the pros and cons we decided to go for ink tank system instead.

My next ink tank system would be the ones that can go duplex. Perhaps Epson will be on my list.

I got the Epson due to duplex function

moveman69

Reaction score
Intending to jump onto the ink tank bandwagon too by purchasing the Epson L6160 by this weekend. One question for seniors here, in order to preserve the longevity of the Epson printhead, should I be leaving the printer on 24/7 (power standby mode if idle too long) or should I turn on / off printer when need to print stuff

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Intending to jump onto the ink tank bandwagon too by purchasing the Epson L6160 by this weekend. One question for seniors here, in order to preserve the longevity of the Epson printhead, should I be leaving the printer on 24/7 (power standby mode if idle too long) or should I turn on / off printer when need to print stuff
Look at post# 42 on page 3. No need to power on 24x7.

Last edited:

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i off when not in use. still working after 5 years

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.