Metro Datavac ED-500 Electric Duster

Eruditeswine

Reaction score
Hello! Is the Metro Datavac ED-500 worthwhile? Where and how best to purchase it, ComputerService.sg; Qoo10, Chamoxa; Lazada or others? Thank you!

Unable to hyperlink with insufficient post count:
list.qoo10.sg/g/419008764
lazada.sg/metrovac-ed500-datavac-500-watt-075-hp-electric-duster-423325.html

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello! Is the Metro Datavac ED-500 worthwhile? Where and how best to purchase it, ComputerService.sg; Qoo10, Chamoxa; Lazada or others? Thank you!

Unable to hyperlink with insufficient post count:
list.qoo10.sg/g/419008764
lazada.sg/metrovac-ed500-datavac-500-watt-075-hp-electric-duster-423325.html

http://list.qoo10.sg/g/419008764

http://www.lazada.sg/metrovac-ed500-datavac-500-watt-075-hp-electric-duster-423325.html

I am using one too, bought through MO by Milliardo more than a year ago. That time was $126 with delivery to my office.

http://forums.vr-zone.com/mass-order-forum/2696740-mass-order-metro-datavac-electric-duster-500-220v.html?highlight=Metro+Datavac+ED-500

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Super powerful blower as i have one and using once every few months and recently use to clean up my NAS which collects dust very easily.

There is no doubt about the quality , the problem is the price vs usage.

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DataVac is great for cleaning out dust from the casing.. only thing is that it's bloody loud.. always worried my neighbours from upstairs and downstairs will come down the stairs and look :s13:

And yes, I bring it outside to dust, else will have a dust-storm in the house.. actually come to think of it, it's been 6 months, so time for the next session soon!

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've read that. There's also the Stanley's but I'll like to use the attachments for finite dusting and appreciate its replaceable filter design. Do you use the attachments often? In hindsight, would you prefer the Bosch/Stanley to the Datavac?

Yes, it cost more outside of the USA. It is similarly priced at S$160 on Amazon UK.

It is the kind of using the right tool for the job. Metro DataVac is specially design for the purpose of cleaning desktop & workstation of dust with accessories to reach tight corners. It is a compact size and I kept it in a shoe box.

Others are mean for leaves blower and take up a lot of storage space.

So is Metro DataVac for me.

ondooy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this thing gets very very very very very very hot...
it can burn your skin.

krey

Master Member
Reaction score
it can burn your skin.

i have a datavac. i have used it quite a few times to clean my pc, but never to the point where it's so hot it burns me.

how long did you use it for?

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it can burn your skin.

It is true that can get very hot if one continue blowing non-stop. If there is stopage in between it will cool. So manage the usage to prevent overheat.

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
It is true that can get very hot if one continue blowing non-stop. If there is stopage in between it will cool. So manage the usage to prevent overheat.

Actually, not surprising right if it functions similar to vacuum cleaner? Use a while also can get quite hot.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe the other blowers are slightly bigger in size during storage. The Datavac is thoughtfully designed despite its makeshift aesthetics and lack of ergonomics, hence ondooy's reply surprises me........

Others are MUCH bigger than Metro DataVac, measure them against a shoebox size:

http://www.stanleytools.ae/products/detail/POWER+TOOLS/Other/600W+Variable+Speed+Blower

http://www.bosch-pt.com.sg/sg/en/blower-with-dust-extraction-gbl-800-e-226567-06019804l0.html

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup, this thing really gets very hot so i always only use for like intervals of 30 seconds... but then think again, how long do you need to use it for because it's so powerful you dont need very long to clean what you want.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The Stanley and Bosch blowers are not much quieter. In short, all of them are likely to disturb your neighbours.

PaLmEr-

Reaction score
Yup, this thing really gets very hot so i always only use for like intervals of 30 seconds... but then think again, how long do you need to use it for because it's so powerful you dont need very long to clean what you want.

are you using the local version or one purchased from USA? There have been instances where users ended up with 110V units and used them here, then complain very hot after 30 secs to 1 minute.

BananaMilkShake

Master Member
Reaction score
Im interested in getting 1 too. Isit better to get it locally from qoo10 or ship overseas from bhphoto?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.