HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Need help with Asus laptop

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2018, 12:19 PM   #1

Need help with Asus laptop

Hi I have Asus laptop but it has been very very slow ever since I bought 2 tears ago and I have even sent for repair twice during warranty period.
Apparently the problem comes back shortly after I got the laptop back and install google drive and dropbox.
The disk usage in task manager is almost consistently at 99% usage at idle.
I suspect Asus has a lot of inbuilt programs that are not compatible or causes conflicts with the system.
Can I do an install of a fresh clean operating system on an Asus Laptop? I tried factory reset before and the problem persists. Gave up on using Asus one.
Thanks.
simple_n_eazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:30 PM   #2

upgrade to ssd?
HolyInnocents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 12:08 PM   #3

no point doing factory reset, will still have all those asus nonsense. i recommend doing clean windows reinstall.
stooopidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #4
Master Member

Hi I have Asus laptop but it has been very very slow ever since I bought 2 tears ago and I have even sent for repair twice during warranty period.
Apparently the problem comes back shortly after I got the laptop back and install google drive and dropbox.
I suspect Asus has a lot of inbuilt programs that are not compatible or causes conflicts with the system.
Can I do an install of a fresh clean operating system on an Asus Laptop? I tried factory reset before and the problem persists. Gave up on using Asus one.
Thanks.
At least do indicate the model of this Asus laptop.

As there do have others complain on issues with Asus laptops on certain components unable to resolve even at their service centers.

Refer to Notebook Clinic where the complains are available.
Processor
Intel® Core™ i5-560M Processor
Mainboard
Toshiba Satellite Pro L630
Graphics Card
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5479
Memory
8 GB
Display
13.3"
Storage
Samsung EVO750 500GB SSD
Optical Storage
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device
OS
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 02:10 AM   #5

At least do indicate the model of this Asus laptop.

As there do have others complain on issues with Asus laptops on certain components unable to resolve even at their service centers.

Refer to Notebook Clinic where the complains are available.
My model is UX310U. The lag is unbearable and totally not expected of a i5 processor with nvidia gpu.
Anyone can point me to any guide on reinstall fresh windows on asus laptop? I have experience in formatting and reinstall my oem desktop but not sure about branded laptop. Thanks.
Old 13-11-2018, 02:13 AM   #6

Thanks.

Sounds like your HDD could be malfunctioning. Since the laptop is old I'll assume its running off of a crappy old dinosaur hard-drive. Buy a cheap 240gb SSD, clone your stuff over or just reinstall win10 on the new ssd and throw away your old hardrive.

Now watch your laptop grow wings again. You're welcome.

Last edited by narkizy; 13-11-2018 at 02:17 AM..
narkizy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 09:02 AM   #7

My model is UX310U. The lag is unbearable and totally not expected of a i5 processor with nvidia gpu.
Anyone can point me to any guide on reinstall fresh windows on asus laptop? I have experience in formatting and reinstall my oem desktop but not sure about branded laptop. Thanks.
its actually the same as reformatting on desktop. just make sure you downloaded all the drivers first before formatting and ensure that you had your data backup first! do consider getting a SSD. it will improve your life so much.
kracie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #8

Is there any difference in ssd used by desktop and laptop. Tried to find on lazada but didn't see any specifically labelled for laptop.
Old 13-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #9
High Supremacy Member

Is there any difference in ssd used by desktop and laptop. Tried to find on lazada but didn't see any specifically labelled for laptop.
SSD can be used for both desktop and laptop. Only thing you need to take note is the interface and form factor.

Is there a more specific model for your UX310U? Online shows a variety such as UX310UA, UX310UQ, etc. Based on -UQ, it states m.2 ssd and sata hdd. Meaning you need to get m.2 sata based ssd if u plan to use it with HDD as D drive.

Last edited by shadow84; 13-11-2018 at 11:23 AM..
Processor
Ryzen 7 1700 w/ EK Supremacy EVO Nickel Plexi CPU Block
Mainboard
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Graphics Card
ASUS GTX 1080Ti FE w/ AQC Kyrographics Nickel Plated water block w/ Acrylic Glass
Memory
G.Skill Sniper-X 2x 8GB 3200Mhz
Display
Samsung C32HG70 32" 1440p 144Hz HDR
Storage
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB (OS) / Toshiba 5TB HDD
Optical Storage
这能不能吃的啊?
Casing
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic / 5x Gentle Typhoons AP-15 / Alphacool 360 (45mm) + 240 (80mm) Radiators
PSU
Seasonic X-850W 80+ Gold with White Sleeved Cables
Audio
Topping DX7 DAC / JBL LSR305 Speakers / JBL LSR310s Subwoofer
OS
Windows 10 64-Bit

shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 11:34 AM   #10

SSD can be used for both desktop and laptop. Only thing you need to take note is the interface and form factor.

Is there a more specific model for your UX310U? Online shows a variety such as UX310UA, UX310UQ, etc. Based on -UQ, it states m.2 ssd and sata hdd. Meaning you need to get m.2 sata based ssd if u plan to use it with HDD as D drive.
Thanks for the helping information. I need to check again on the specific model. I do remember is Sata connection though as J open behind before to check.
Old 13-11-2018, 11:48 AM   #11
Master Member

Asus UX310U model.

There is another member with similar model Asus UX303 who is having issue with the SSD including installations.

Maybe you could take to read on the threads and ways to resolve some issues although with similar model.

Copy of Windows 10 OS

Note that the said member do have other issues relating to the laptop where you could check it if such issues do pop-up.

Edit:
There is a video on UX310 series on replacement of the SSD/HDD storage and other components available in the link/thread mentioned above.

Last edited by eric3743; 13-11-2018 at 12:12 PM..
Processor
Intel® Core™ i5-560M Processor
Mainboard
Toshiba Satellite Pro L630
Graphics Card
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5479
Memory
8 GB
Display
13.3"
Storage
Samsung EVO750 500GB SSD
Optical Storage
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device
OS
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #12
High Supremacy Member

You can windows search for dxdiag. It show show the laptop specific model. Frkm here, you can google aearch on your model's teardown or review for ssd info and buy accordingly.
Processor
Ryzen 7 1700 w/ EK Supremacy EVO Nickel Plexi CPU Block
Mainboard
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
Graphics Card
ASUS GTX 1080Ti FE w/ AQC Kyrographics Nickel Plated water block w/ Acrylic Glass
Memory
G.Skill Sniper-X 2x 8GB 3200Mhz
Display
Samsung C32HG70 32" 1440p 144Hz HDR
Storage
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB (OS) / Toshiba 5TB HDD
Optical Storage
这能不能吃的啊?
Casing
Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic / 5x Gentle Typhoons AP-15 / Alphacool 360 (45mm) + 240 (80mm) Radiators
PSU
Seasonic X-850W 80+ Gold with White Sleeved Cables
Audio
Topping DX7 DAC / JBL LSR305 Speakers / JBL LSR310s Subwoofer
OS
Windows 10 64-Bit

shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 11:57 AM   #13

if im not wrong, you can see the back panel. it should indicate the specific model of the laptop if not, you can enter bios to see.. when powering on, immediately spam f2 or del key..
kracie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.