Need help in building/buying a new computer

gnolius

Reaction score
Hello!

My computer has for a while been slowing down and more recently started crashing. I have been thinking of building a computer for quite a while now but have no idea where to start. My budget is $1000-$1500, looking to make a gaming pc that is of higher quality to my current one. Can you all recommend me what parts to buy, where to buy them from and their prices?

Games I play are: League of Legends, Overwatch, Maplestory

This are the current Specs of my computer:

CPU: i3-3210
Motherboard: Gigabye GA-H61M-S2PH
RAM: Crucial 4GB Single DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) x2
Graphics: Geforce GT 630
ODD: LG GH24NS95 ( Not sure what this is called)
HDD: HDS721010CLA630 1TB ( Not sure what this is called either)
Casing: Unable to find name

The components that i already have and plan on not buying are my Monitor, Speakers, Mouse.
If there is any other component you need to know about, please tell me.

This will be my first time ever attempting to make a computer, any advice would be good too!

Last edited:

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Hi TS,

New GPUs will be announced on Monday by Nvidia. I hope to see what new GPUs Nvidia has to offer before recommending you a built.

If you want to DIY yourself, you can get parts from Online or Sim Lim Square and build yourself. Some shops in Sim Lim Square like PC Themes, Cybermind, Dyna Core offers to build your PC if you buy most of the parts from them.

If you wish to have warranty on the whole PC, you can get from System boutiques. Some examples are Typhoon Systems, DreamCore, and Aftershock.

Try not to go for ASUS, Dell, Acer "Gaming" PCs. They usually pair imbalanced parts so you will not have a good gaming experience.

Wataru

Master Member
Reaction score
Ryzen 5 2600 + MSI B450M Bazooka Plus = 420
8GB (4GB x2) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666Mhz CL15 = 145
MSI GTX 1060 6G Afterburner = 435
Samsung 250GB 860 Evo SSD M.2 = 129
Seasonic M12II 620 = 125
Coolermaster N200 = 68
Windows 10 Home = 150

Reuse ur 1TB HDD and ODD

Total is 1472, get from Infinity.

If you looking to offload the old PC, PM me.

gnolius

Reaction score
Hi TS,

New GPUs will be announced on Monday by Nvidia. I hope to see what new GPUs Nvidia has to offer before recommending you a built.

If you want to DIY yourself, you can get parts from Online or Sim Lim Square and build yourself. Some shops in Sim Lim Square like PC Themes, Cybermind, Dyna Core offers to build your PC if you buy most of the parts from them.

If you wish to have warranty on the whole PC, you can get from System boutiques. Some examples are Typhoon Systems, DreamCore, and Aftershock.

Try not to go for ASUS, Dell, Acer "Gaming" PCs. They usually pair imbalanced parts so you will not have a good gaming experience.

Oh okay, i will wait till next week before deciding then, thanks for the advice

gnolius

Reaction score
Ryzen 5 2600 + MSI B450M Bazooka Plus = 420
8GB (4GB x2) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666Mhz CL15 = 145
MSI GTX 1060 6G Afterburner = 435
Samsung 250GB 860 Evo SSD M.2 = 129
Seasonic M12II 620 = 125
Coolermaster N200 = 68
Windows 10 Home = 150

Reuse ur 1TB HDD and ODD

Total is 1472, get from Infinity.

If you looking to offload the old PC, PM me.

Thanks alot for the help! I will consider getting those, I am planning to keep my old pc in storage however haha.

Psycovirus

Reaction score
Nvidia has announced new GPUs and lets just say, they're not something you need to worry about.

I suggest you to add an SSD to your build and get a new GPU/CPU

Maybe look for 2nd hand i7-3770 and GTX 1060 3GB.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Wataru

Master Member
Reaction score
Nvidia has announced new GPUs and lets just say, they're not something you need to worry about.

I suggest you to add an SSD to your build and get a new GPU/CPU

Maybe look for 2nd hand i7-3770 and GTX 1060 3GB.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

I get the impression that he wants a brand new PC, and then retire the old PC rather than upgrade it.

I wont mind taking the old PC off him though if he changes his mind :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.