New DIY PC Advice!

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well all we can say is that u have to try to test it to find out. (its actually similar to SLS shop have kept some old stocks and nv sell it at all and out of the sudden put it on sales)

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well all we can say is that u have to try to test it to find out. (its actually similar to SLS shop have kept some old stocks and nv sell it at all and out of the sudden put it on sales)

I see. Thanks for the heads-up.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is my first PC configuration that is compiled from the PC Themes' price list.

Processor/Mainboard - Intel i5-7500 3.4GHz & ASRock H110M-HDV ($388)

Ram - Kingston 2133MHz CL15 8GB x 2 ($170)

Graphics - ZOTAC GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5 ($225)

SSD - Western Digital Blue 250GB 2.5" SSD ($145)

HDD - Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM SATA ($63)

PSU - OCZ ModXtream-Pro 700W ($0) ~ Still mint-in-box after RMA many years back

Casing - Fractal Design Define C ($149)

Media - Asus 24x DVD-RW SATA ($25)

Monitor - LG 22MP48 21.5" ($179)

OS - Windows 10 Home Edition ($158)

Total: $1502

Last edited:

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is another PC configuration based on the pricelist from Tradepac. A few of the items are not priced so I based them on PC Themes' instead.

Processor/Mainboard - Intel i5-7500 3.4GHz & ASRock H110M-HDV ($377)

Ram - Kingston 2133MHz CL15 8GB x 2 ($168)

Graphics - ZOTAC GTX 1050 Ti 4GB DDR5 ($182)

SSD - Western Digital Blue 240GB 2.5" SSD ($137)

HDD - Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM SATA ($59)

PSU - OCZ ModXtream-Pro 700W ($0) ~ Still mint-in-box after RMA many years back

Casing - Fractal Design Define C ($149) ~ PC Themes' price

Media - Samsung 24x DVD-RW SATA ($21)

Monitor - Samsung S22F350FHNE 21.5" ($0)

OS - Windows 10 Home Edition ($158) ~ PC Themes' price

Total: $1251

The monitor price is also unknown.

Last edited:

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So what do I need to 'tweak' on the above configurations? :s13:

MSI graphics cards are too expensive. Bo pianz... Have to find ZOTAC instead... :D

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So what do I need to 'tweak' on the above configurations? :s13:

MSI graphics cards are too expensive. Bo pianz... Have to find ZOTAC instead... :D

can consider going for value ram if u are not going to OC ur ram (which also cant OC with that board :s8:)

if dun need dvd can remove.

OS can consider buying from other place (online purchase)

for gpu can consider going for GTX 1060 3GB ( more performance boost)

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can consider going for value ram if u are not going to OC ur ram (which also cant OC with that board :s8:)

if dun need dvd can remove.

OS can consider buying from other place (online purchase)

for gpu can consider going for GTX 1060 3GB ( more performance boost)

The RAMs that I stated are performance type? Argh... I copied it from the PC Themes pricelist.

So you can install the OS via a USB drive? :s11:

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The RAMs that I stated are performance type? Argh... I copied it from the PC Themes pricelist.

So you can install the OS via a USB drive? :s11:
Yes you can.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10ISO

Just need a 8gb thumb drive.

Then you can omit an internal DVD drive and get an external one. You will hardly use the drive tbh. So if you can borrow, you borrow.

SSD get Ocz TL100 @ $120. Same stuff as WD Blue ssd.

You can squeeze Tradepac price to be honest. Usually another 5-10 bucks off pc theme pricing per item if you manage to bargain.

Sent from Overpowered Phone Mark III using GAGT

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes you can.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10ISO

Just need a 8gb thumb drive.

Then you can omit an internal DVD drive and get an external one. You will hardly use the drive tbh. So if you can borrow, you borrow.

SSD get Ocz TL100 @ $120. Same stuff as WD Blue ssd.

You can squeeze Tradepac price to be honest. Usually another 5-10 bucks off pc theme pricing per item if you manage to bargain.

I see. Thanks for the heads-up!

By the way, which ASRock motherboard is affordable and still can be accepted as mid-range motherboard?

I think my choice is way too outdated.

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Thanks for the heads-up!

By the way, which ASRock motherboard is affordable and still can be accepted as mid-range motherboard?

I think my choice is way too outdated.
It doesn't matter that much to be honest.
If you can afford, B250M Pro 4 is the next step of upgrade. Buy 2400mhz ram to match the motherboard max supported memory frequency as well.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After much research and consideration, I have modified my PC configuration list slightly.

I hope it is enough to support Battlefield 1, Mass Effect: Andromeda and Titanfall 2.

Processor/Motherboard: Intel i5-7500 3.4GHz & ASRock B250M Performance (Fatal1ty) -- $413

RAM: Kingston 2133 DDR4 (8GB x 2) -- $164

Graphics: MSI GTX 1050 Gaming X Ti 4GB -- $265

SSD: Kingston 240GB UV400 -- $120

HDD: Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM SATA -- $59

PSU: OCZ ModXtream-Pro 700W -- $0 (Mint-in-box - RMA item

Casing: Fractal Design Define C -- $149

Monitor Samsung 21.5" S22F350FHNE -- $0 (Unknown price)

Total: $1170

I will use my wife's portable media drive to install Windows 7 Home Premium and then upgrade it to Windows 10 Home via the USB drive. Is that possible?

The monitor, keyboard and mouse. I still need to buy a monitor though. Haiz... The keyboard and mouse -- I have spares at home. The mouse is still a Razer one -- Mint-in-box (I forgot why I bought it last time and never use :s13:

Last edited:

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nah. Just use an existing laptop or pc, download the Windows 10 and follow the steps on screen to make a USB-ESD to install Windows 10 directly from the thumb drive into your new com. Then go carousell or anywhere else, buy a Windows 10 key and activate it.

Monitor try to find Dell S2316H. Pretty good monitor, 1080p 60hz IPS display with built in speakers. Carousell have. About $160 range.

troublesome58

Reaction score
??? You are getting this PC in Sept. Why are you building the component list now?

Don't waste your time.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
??? You are getting this PC in Sept. Why are you building the component list now?

Don't waste your time.

I just want to know the estimated cost of the setup. I think the cost will not fluctuate so much within a few months.

Furthermore, I also need some insights on the current budget-like gaming setup. Based on my current rig, my setup was way too outdated in a technological sense. :s13:

The graphics card and processor/motherboard trend have evolved a lot since my rig setup 5 years ago.

Providence

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nah. Just use an existing laptop or pc, download the Windows 10 and follow the steps on screen to make a USB-ESD to install Windows 10 directly from the thumb drive into your new com. Then go carousell or anywhere else, buy a Windows 10 key and activate it.

Monitor try to find Dell S2316H. Pretty good monitor, 1080p 60hz IPS display with built in speakers. Carousell have. About $160 range.

Is it trustworthy? I read on some forums that these sellers will resell the serial keys over and over again to different people. Till the point that the serial keys become invalid. :(:eek:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.