Nvidia Exits Crypto-Mining, Enters the Gaming Revolution

SEvsNK

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nvidia was one of the leaders during the crypto-mining boom. There are just 21 million bitcoins to mine, and the handsome rewards for solving the puzzles to produce crypto attracted miners in droves. They became among Nvidia’s top customers.

Nvidia was ambitious in trying to meet the demand. This week, it had to admit that the chip inventory it built up was needless. It will be cleared out during this quarter. It added that the move was in response to fizzling demand.

Nvidia’s CFO Colette Kress spoke to analysts and investors about the matter. She said that as it works to reduce the stockpile of unsold parts, Nvidia remains confident about its revenue outlook. The company’s fiscal forecast for 2020 is still on track.

The outlook anticipates revenue will be flat or slightly down from last year, likely by four percent.

https://www.ccn.com/nvidia-exits-crypto-mining-enters-the-gaming-revolution

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just 21M bitcoins to mine

Mine finish? No problem, invent a new coin.

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
so there are still leftovers for their old stocks
its not cleared like some member confidently said so

Reaction score
More gamer trash for gamer scum.

Hopefully with Intel entering the discreet GPU market again we have more choices for workstation-grade and 3U-4U server graphics options.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
More gamer trash for gamer scum.

Hopefully with Intel entering the discreet GPU market again we have more choices for workstation-grade and 3U-4U server graphics options.

Indeed. Last time Intel's workstation-grade and 3U-4U server graphics options were so powerful compared to the competition.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.