Nvidia: nice intentions ? Think again...

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far, only LTT is ballsy enough to call out nVidia for this, and I do agree with what Linus had said. Let's see what the nV fanboys say about this the latest nVidia spin....

Bumiputera

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really hate the current market pricing where ppl think $800 is cheap for midrange card.....

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i cannot imagine 3050 price gonna be...at this rate i am not surprise it will be price above 500

gmonster

Reaction score
Unfortunately the world spins in this world.
Apple stealthy increased its iPhone prices across generations and there were little to no impact to their reputation.

I am pretty sure Nvidia is take a leaf from the book. It is a weird world, people are going for flagship cards opposed to mid tier cards. The 1k cards are new $500 cards last time.

Coupled with cryptocurrency at ATH and manufacturing backlog, basic economics is dictating the prices.

Too bad Nvidia is a listed companies, they are responsible to their shareholders than to us, gamers.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really hate the current market pricing where ppl think $800 is cheap for midrange card.....

I think the price hikes are primarily driven by the lack of graphic cards to satisfy the PC market. Which consequently also increases cost of production. Basically Nvidia cut their Turning production too soon, and of course we soon realized that Ampere's supply is very limited, especially at launch. For AMD, they basically put all their eggs into TSMC, and when the latter struggle with production, all their product lines got impacted, from custom SOC, to CPU and GPU. To be honest, if Intel joins the GPU market now, perhaps they may see success in selling their GPU, assuming they don't have crap drivers.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did not watch the video, but in my mind when Nvidia said they are going to gimp "gamer's card" from mining, and separately create a mining line of cards, I already know they are up to no good. How Nvidia behaves, we have observed for a long time. They won't come up with something, if it does not benefit them. I feel the mining line is created because it is very profitable, and they don't want their AIBs to be selling to miners and making all the money for themselves (Nvidia don't get any).

In addition, selling these mining specific cards means miners cannot resell them later. Recall when mining went bust few years back, they struggled big time because they overproduced and also had to compete with cards in the resale market which miners dumped. Since these mining specific cards lack display outputs, they cannot easily be sold.

Godeau

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did not watch the video, but in my mind when Nvidia said they are going to gimp "gamer's card" from mining, and separately create a mining line of cards, I already know they are up to no good. How Nvidia behaves, we have observed for a long time. They won't come up with something, if it does not benefit them. I feel the mining line is created because it is very profitable, and they don't want their AIBs to be selling to miners and making all the money for themselves (Nvidia don't get any).

In addition, selling these mining specific cards means miners cannot resell them later. Recall when mining went bust few years back, they struggled big time because they overproduced and also had to compete with cards in the resale market which miners dumped. Since these mining specific cards lack display outputs, they cannot easily be sold.

tldw: if a factory can only produce x amount of cards per month, allocating an amount for mining cards from x is just going to make things worse, regardless of gpu bios/software nerf. Those mining cards will then create more e-waste once they've fulfilled their use, or the crypto craze dies, because it will not go to gamers(obviously due to lack of ports), so demand in the 2nd hand market is probably non-existent for the miner cards.

kenzi87

Reaction score
the 2 lower end CMP cards 30HX and 40HX are turing that why see lesser amount for 16xx series and only 2060:s22:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tl;dr: The CMP cards are manufactured by a different production line, while the 3000 series cards are on the 8nm which is choked till mad.

bolts

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With this kind of marked up pricing and crazy demand, no wonder intel smells a market opportunity and want to launch their GPU.

AtomicTiberium

Reaction score
With this kind of marked up pricing and crazy demand, no wonder intel smells a market opportunity and want to launch their GPU.

Sry this is just luck...high end chips takes at least 3 years to design and another 6 months to begin fabbing, meaning the effort began long long ago

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tldw: if a factory can only produce x amount of cards per month, allocating an amount for mining cards from x is just going to make things worse, regardless of gpu bios/software nerf. Those mining cards will then create more e-waste once they've fulfilled their use, or the crypto craze dies, because it will not go to gamers(obviously due to lack of ports), so demand in the 2nd hand market is probably non-existent for the miner cards.
You can tell the nVidia fanboys this, shout it out loud to them, but they won't listen as, to them, nVidia is doing right by them. Even in overseas forums, I get replies amount to, 'nVidia has done this before, nothing new, nothing to see'.

Big difference now is nGreedia has a product page, and spinning (bamboozling more like it) it like they care about gamers, and doing gamers a solid by limiting the hash rate on the RTX 3060 cards (laughable as there'd be a workaround this, if nGreedia were serious about this, a firmware lock would be more appropriate) and producing CMP cards which would not affect GPU supplies, again laughable claim as CMP's are GPU's in actual fact.

nVidia fanboys would never acknowledge this, no matter how many times you tell them...to them, nGreedia can do no wrong.

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wondering what is the trigger point you have such a indifferent view point towards nvidia since you also use gtx before?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.