PC for friend

icygolem

Reaction score
Hi all

Looking to build a PC for my friend based on her requirements and budget.
Need advise and recommendation on parts.

Requirement - For work, 3D modeling, video editing etc. Gaming would be a bonus (total war games)
Software - Photoshop, Lightroom, After Effects, Blender 3D
Budget - Less than 1k
Casing - Something simple, quiet and good airflow will do

Reusing - OS, Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi all

Requirement - For work, 3D modeling, video editing etc. Gaming would be a bonus (total war games)
Budget - Less than 1k

Thanks in advance!

:s8:
Sell her your rig on the right and DIY new rig for yourself.

hafiz116

Reaction score
How much less than $1K do you have in mind?

Based on the requirements I'm thinking you will most likely want/need 32GB of RAM and to keep cost down go with an AMD Ryzen 3600. As for the GPU I would not spend too much on that in order to maximise the base system. GPU can always be upgraded again in the future.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all

Budget - Less than 1k

Thanks in advance!

Go down to sim lim PCtheme or Fuwell, tell them your budget and they will recommend a rig for you. If you are worried, then just go to PCtheme, trusted and swear by many members here.

Reavl

Reaction score
for blender, there is a few rendering engine.
If she using GPU rendering, might need to consider nvidia card for gpu rendering depending the render engine.

oh and to add on, AE require quite a lot of ram for fast preview.
AE dont have much optimization for multi core performance for now

icygolem

Reaction score
for blender, there is a few rendering engine.
If she using GPU rendering, might need to consider nvidia card for gpu rendering depending the render engine.

oh and to add on, AE require quite a lot of ram for fast preview.
AE dont have much optimization for multi core performance for now

ok! thank you for advising!! if that is the case. what parts do you recommend for budget up to 1k?

Reavl

Reaction score
normally for people who does AE,
i would advise to get 32 gb ram minimum
and if using gpu rendering, i would get the rtx series and there the cuda core is higher and is ray tracing ready.
Maybe a 2060 super?
Total like that about 180+ 650 = 900 liao
if gpu is a consent then maybe the 16xx series is better?
CPU + mobo wise let other expert guide you ahha

icygolem

Reaction score
Bump, need recommendation for rigs and if it is doable for budget of 1k, or needs to be stretched a little more?

NightRaven49

Master Member
Reaction score
Bump, need recommendation for rigs and if it is doable for budget of 1k, or needs to be stretched a little more?

it is possible to get a 3600 + 1650 super rig for under $1k, but u do have to skimp on certain parts. ive posted on this before, using sls price lists: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...tor-recommendation-6300700.html#post127528796
^ r5 3600, asrock b450m pro4, 8gb 2666 klevv, zotac 1650s, lexar nm610 256gb, toshiba p300 1tb, fsp hyper k 600w, tecware forge m.
nowadays sls shops have moved over to b550, which generally cost about $100 more but are also higher quality. if u are lucky to find b450 boards (which are fast running oos), do snag them quickly, especially msi's b450 range like the tomahawk or mortar.

i would recommend u stretch ur budget by another $100-200, since the build above only has 8gb of (relatively) low speed ram while ppl here are recommending 32gb, and getting b450 is a little iffy now. it might also be wise getting a psu from a more reputable brand.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.