Case: Tecware F3 *
PSU: FSP Hexa+ 550w *
SSD: Samsung evo850 500gb
Ram: 1x8gb 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4

Parts with * I havent buy.
Recommendations welcome!

Case prefer with 2 front usb3 and <$80.
PSU prefer 550~650w and <$100.

Don't get Tecware, quite poor quality case. Cheap metal, power buttons and fans. Encountered before screw holes for mobo standoff can't secure onto the frame cos the metal gave way..
Get Cooler Master N200 for good quality budget case, can go for MasterCase Pro 3 if want more modern look.

Power supply, get seasonic, so you can sleep better at night haha.

RAM no need 3000MHz, 2400MHz also can alr, no noticeable performance diff also, but noticeable price diff.

Ah Ken

Reaction score
Hello, not sure if I'm still able to provide you with feedbacks. I build 2 systems with both the Tecware F3 and Xigmatek Frontliner for my friends. I had a little bad experience with the F3...

Tecware F3:
- Very small, compact!
-Very light weight
- Given awesome Led Rim cooling fans

But the quality is really low. Most of the time I afraid of damaging the case especially the screw holes. The metal material is very very soft. I use the Seasonic Evo M12ii 620W for both systems. Damn, with the F3, it was very hard to screw and secure on. The cuttings and screw holes position are quite off the mark. Doesn't fit. I not sure if there was a QC check on this... At the end, instead of securing with 4 standard screws I made off with just 3, good enough. If I am to fit in the 4th one, I had to forced it in and may as well damaged the screw threading on the PSU. When I got the F3, it was the latest revised version with the tempered glass side door. It didn't feel like glass at all. Just a simple clear acrylic panel. With that quality I was afraid to scratch it more. I was truly sorry for choosing this case for my friend who was on budget with his build too. But overall he was fine since he doesn't really get his hands into the PC. Also, good luck with cable management for this case. There was no place to hide the cables. I could only tidied up with removing unused cables and cable-tying to arrange properly.

Xigmatek Frontliner
- Very spacial
- Very tall
- Cooling fans given
- Had the fiercer look

This is for another friend. But this was a better build. The case was heavy and it was due to the strong metal build. Everything was in proper positions. Cables can be hidden. U won't be showing off your PSU with this case. It is also very tall. Difficult to move the case about, no sort of handle design. My arms was stretching and wrapping around it as I carried it to my friend's house. The clear side door is tinted dark. It is also not glass, just a big tinted whole plastic panel.

I given my feedbacks. They are just my opinions, up to individual preferences too. But yes, these are among the popular choices for budget cases!

pr0dygi

Reaction score
Hello, not sure if I'm still able to provide you with feedbacks. I build 2 systems with both the Tecware F3 and Xigmatek Frontliner for my friends. I had a little bad experience with the F3...

Tecware F3:
- Very small, compact!
-Very light weight
- Given awesome Led Rim cooling fans

But the quality is really low. Most of the time I afraid of damaging the case especially the screw holes. The metal material is very very soft. I use the Seasonic Evo M12ii 620W for both systems. Damn, with the F3, it was very hard to screw and secure on. The cuttings and screw holes position are quite off the mark. Doesn't fit. I not sure if there was a QC check on this... At the end, instead of securing with 4 standard screws I made off with just 3, good enough. If I am to fit in the 4th one, I had to forced it in and may as well damaged the screw threading on the PSU. When I got the F3, it was the latest revised version with the tempered glass side door. It didn't feel like glass at all. Just a simple clear acrylic panel. With that quality I was afraid to scratch it more. I was truly sorry for choosing this case for my friend who was on budget with his build too. But overall he was fine since he doesn't really get his hands into the PC. Also, good luck with cable management for this case. There was no place to hide the cables. I could only tidied up with removing unused cables and cable-tying to arrange properly.

Xigmatek Frontliner
- Very spacial
- Very tall
- Cooling fans given
- Had the fiercer look

This is for another friend. But this was a better build. The case was heavy and it was due to the strong metal build. Everything was in proper positions. Cables can be hidden. U won't be showing off your PSU with this case. It is also very tall. Difficult to move the case about, no sort of handle design. My arms was stretching and wrapping around it as I carried it to my friend's house. The clear side door is tinted dark. It is also not glass, just a big tinted whole plastic panel.

I given my feedbacks. They are just my opinions, up to individual preferences too. But yes, these are among the popular choices for budget cases!

Ty so much! U have been v helpful!

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gaming PC.

Mobo+CPU: R5 1600 + Asus B350 Prime Plus
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windforce OC 8gb
Case: Xigmatek Frontliner
PSU: Xigmatek Tauro G 650w
SSD: Samsung evo850 500gb
Ram: 1x8gb 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4

Recommendations welcome!

Case prefer with 2 front usb3 and <$80.
PSU prefer 550~650w and <$100.
System will depend on

a. Budget
b. Casing if you're into aesthetics

If you can. get a Lian Li full aluminium chassis ( Maybe a traditional chassis that can fit an ATX sized mobo ). it will cost more, but you will end up not changing chassis unless your hands is itchy.

Rest of the components
Taurus PSU = Cheap but Dang noisy. Am using one of these as a spare. Bought on price and will definitely not use it as a main if the system is closeby..

killer

Master Member
Reaction score
While I'm a existing lianli user, I find it hard to recommend them currently. They are quite behind the times, unless you want to go to the very high end. I don't see them having the modern concept of casing, tg + psu shroud + space behind motherboard tray or cable managing system below $200

pr0dygi

Reaction score
no one recommend xigmatek psu :s22: it is quite Xigmatek tauro....used to be on my AMD system and it very very quiet.

Jialat. Some say noisy some say quiet.

I think I get Seasonic S12ii non-modular 620w ba.

Anyone gt <$80 case to recommend?

-Synchronicity-

Reaction score
Seriously, spend abit more get the superflower leadex silver. At least you can be assured of the performance. Case can just pick whatever you like

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Irenicus

Master Member
Reaction score
Jialat. Some say noisy some say quiet.

I think I get Seasonic S12ii non-modular 620w ba.

Anyone gt <$80 case to recommend?

You can also consider the following casings. Note that the Fractal Design Focus G, Focus G Mini & Corsair SPEC-04 have only 1 x USB3.0 & 1 x USB2.0 Port.

Prices stated below. Links to the casings sold in Lazada included.

(1) Coolermaster Masterbox Lite 5 @ $79
(2) Fractal Design Focus G (for ATX) (Black/White) @ $79
(3) Fractal Design Focus G Mini (for mATX) (Black) @ $79
(4) Corsair SPEC-04 (Black/Red) or (Black/Grey) @ $85

For further discounts on Lazada, you can use their Citibank credit card promo code "OFFICIALCITI" for 8% off capped at $20, LiveUp (5% rebate) and Shopback.

Details on LiveUp and Shopback:

https://www.liveup.sg/
https://www.shopback.sg/lazada

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

pr0dygi

Reaction score
Casing I think I firm on Frontliner/Tecware Alpha. And also.... quad but that one abit not mainstream. But looks like a subwoofer. Lol. Any opinion on it?

The Alpha is cheap, good airflow, comes with 2x usb3 in the front, comes with front, back and top fan. So value.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.