www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   PSU recommandations (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/psu-recommandations-6358792.html)

watzup_ken 19-08-2020 02:53 PM

Depending on your PC's specs, I rather you get a quality 450W, than to buy a low end 600W PSU. Generally I use Seasonic, Corsair and FSP PSU. If you are considering EVGA, then you should also consider SuperFlower because I believe they use the same OEM for their PSU.

PSU is considered the most important part of a PC, contrary to what some people think. While it does not seem to contribute to the performance of the PC, a poor quality PSU will cause a lot of stability issues. In cases where PSU blows due to power surge, a poor PSU will likely fry parts if not most of your PC components.

KleoZy 19-08-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by techidiot (Post 129178803)
Just be careful of non legit seller, meaning if you see cheaper than others.
The goods maybe imported or refurbished.

Buy from overseas can save $ but if PC go kaput than...

kaput just like this :s13::s13::s13:

Jokes aside, I suggest you to get your PSU locally with warranty.
I did use EVGA NEX650G (SuperNOVA 650 G1) @ year 2013 and it's still running well. Just that it's noisy when at load. so changed to Seasonic as recommended by bros here.

In my honest opinion, yes PSU might be cheap overseas but what if something happened?You will need to send in for RMA (touchwood). The cost to shipping it and to get it returned. So think of that cost factor. it's not worth getting PSU overseas unless they have international warranty. Not forgetting you have to wait longer when it's fixed compared to getting fixed locally.

I am not sure what's the latest model for Seasonic but am using the Focus GX650 80 Plus Gold and I am loving it.

1st it's super quiet, even at full load, it's not as hot as EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3 (yes I got this before Seasonic. As why, I was skeptic about Seasonic at first.)

2nd the 12volts while testing on a multimeter at load with fans.. it's damn stable with 11.95volts - 11.98volts as compared to EVGA at 11.85volts to 11.92volts

3rd I love those flat cables, easy cable management.

ok not going to make all bros here fall asleep. well these are just my thoughts about Seasonic PSU :)

dayam15 19-08-2020 04:09 PM

Sorry to hijack OP. I'm also in the same situation as you.

Currently using Ryzen 3200G and Thermaltake Litepower 450W. I already know my PSU sucks :(

I've saved enough to get myself a 1660 super and I'm looking to upgrade to:

Corsair CX550M Bronze Semi Modular
CM MWE Gold 550W 80+ Gold Modular

Both are priced similar at Dynacore.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

watzup_ken 19-08-2020 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayam15 (Post 129196676)

Currently using Ryzen 3200G and Thermaltake Litepower 450W. I already know my PSU sucks :(

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Again, I would say it depends on the specs/ components used in your computer. If you are looking at just the Ryzen 3200G, motherboard, 2 sticks of ram, and 1 SSD/ hard disk for storage, the entire PC should not draw more than 150W. Add the GTX 1660 Super in, it should be between 250 to 300W. The Thermaltake Litepower PSU should still manage. But once you have sufficient savings, step up to a better PSU.

NightRaven49 20-08-2020 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dayam15 (Post 129196676)

Any suggestions? Thanks!

i would go for the mwe gold, since it is fully modular vs semi on the cxm and has a gold vs bronze rating.

SEvsNK 20-08-2020 01:07 AM

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic...psu-tier-list/

For those interested in which PSU's are safe or good to buy