Recommend a 1440p 144hz monitor with HDR and FALD capability...

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..

My cousin is looking for a new monitor. He is a hardcore FPS gamer and video/photo editor.

He prefers a monitor with FALD rather than Edge lit LED as he is obsessed with black levels and uniform lighting.

Also he wants HDR10 and Dolby Vision as it is a norm now.

Any good and constructive suggestions? :)

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Obsessed with black levels but want a Fald? Fald are just LCDs with full array back lights. OLED easily beat the Fald in this area with deepest uniform black.

Video/photo editor want HDR and also a hardcore FPS gamer. Sorry, you need to choose one.

Video/Photo editor go for a display with 1.07B color support.
FPS sucker, go for a display with 120/144hz support.

There are no monitor now with HDR that still has 1.07B color support and 144hz support.

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If feeling rich can go for the 4K 144Hz monitor that ASUS and Acer are releasing. :s22:

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There may be one, which is the latest ASUS monitor that they just announced. Have HDR10 i think. But its priced at US$3000, u willing to pay?

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There may be one, which is the latest ASUS monitor that they just announced. Have HDR10 i think. But its priced at US$3000, u willing to pay?

$2k USD. Should be ~$3k SGD when it's here

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$2k USD. Should be ~$3k SGD when it's here

Ouh ok, my memory was based on rumoured pricing... But $3k sgd for a monitor is still way too much. And HDR on monitor works differently frm TV and somehow not as good also?

TS or TS friend request reminds me of this:

goodfastcheap1.png

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
In HWZ... most of the time or 100% or the time, cousin = TS.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u want to consider this?
c32hg70/
1440p, 144hz, high contrast ratio,
but likely not FALD and not true HDR

Im using this monitor. HDR does work with GoW PS4 although i think its on the same lvl as HDR6 nia, if i based on YT comparison between HDR6 and HDR10.

HDR dun work well in windows too. But last pc show had a good deal at $968.

tmfwy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Obsessed with black levels but want a Fald? Fald are just LCDs with full array back lights. OLED easily beat the Fald in this area with deepest uniform black.

Video/photo editor want HDR and also a hardcore FPS gamer. Sorry, you need to choose one.

There are no monitor now with HDR that still has 1.07B color support and 144hz support.

Let me Correct you

Samsung CHG90

https://www.samsung.com/us/computing/monitors/gaming/49--chg90-qled-gaming-monitor-lc49hg90dmnxza/

HDR
1.07B Colours
144hz
QLED :)

FinalTidus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ok. Seems like monitor technology hasn't caught up with TV then.

Guess then he has to wait a long time before there is a monitor for his requirements.

On a side note, any monitor currently that can at least meet some of his needs and he can decide which features are better and which can be compromised for a later upgrade?

archyng

Reaction score
content dev monitor /= gaming monitor for hardcore fps gamer.

go for xb271hu 1440p ips panel 4ms input lag 165hz(oc) for the middle ground. even the 3k 4k ips 144hz hdr monitor i doubt there's any gpu able to push it till 144hz unless graphics setting are set to low.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Top end range monitors are currently way overpriced. In fact, if you check out some of the reviews for the Asus and Acer monitors, they ain't good.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.