Recommendations for 1440p monitor?

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
whoever needs displayport cable let me know, i have tons of them. new ones. i can let go cheap.

IceRealm

Reaction score
Anyone else managed to get the Acer VG271U P before it went out of stocks?

Strange that there isn't much review online for this monitor.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Elysium87

Reaction score
Anyone else managed to get the Acer VG271U P before it went out of stocks?

Strange that there isn't much review online for this monitor.

I got it. Using for 1 mth+, I like it. If you don't mind freesync, I feel this is the best.

mbyst

Reaction score
Pre order vg271up. My first 1440p ips monitor. Initially was considering to get Prism x315pro /x340.

Sent from PUBG Mobile using GAGT

Last edited:

Elysium87

Reaction score
Pre order vg271up. My first 1440p ips monitor. Initially was considering to get Prism x315pro /x340.

Sent from PUBG Mobile using GAGT

good choice, prism quality may not be good as their is usually other brand QC cmi then give to prism.

for prism, you need to have min 5 dead pixel to exchange

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good choice, prism quality may not be good as their is usually other brand QC cmi then give to prism.

I dont know what or where you draw your conclusion from regarding prism. Oem rebranded doesnt mean qc reject goods. Some brands have zero dead pixel policy for their premium line of monitors. Otherwise, most brands follow the ISO 13406-2 guideline for "acceptable" number of dead pixels on a display. Even acer also adopt the same "5 or more dead pixel or combination" policy
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/dead-pixel

6ourwDR.jpg

Only difference between acer and prism in terms of warranty is acer provide 1st 2 yr onsite for monitors whereas prism only 1st 7 days onsite. End of the day, branded doesnt mean 100% faultless. Different price segment cater for different folks. If you can afford to pay more then by all means go for the best. BTW, there are tons of horror stories on the net regarding acer being absolute pain in the butt when buyers need to claim warranty for their monitors. Better pray the same dont happen to you.

Last edited:

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The worst part is need to carry in for warranty claim...

Zink00

Reaction score
Any recommendation for 1440p 144hz ips? Preferably 27”. No prism/supersolid.

PsychopathHD

Reaction score
I didn't look into Dell when I was looking for my monitor but I was comparing both prism and Acer which is the same as what u had.

I saw under their tech, Dell refresh rate is only up till 60hz if I'm not mistaken. Acer seems to be better as it's 144hz and 1 Ms. Further to that it's IPS while prism was TN. Ipn is better than TN now. Now if u buy the Acer from qoo10, u can minus 30+50 voucher from 636 current promo price. I just order the Acer and waiting to see really gd or not.

Another point, Dell doesn't seem to state to support freesync while Acer did mention. Overral I find acert the best with qhd, 144hz, 2k screen, 1ms, IPS and freesync

Not only u can minus 30+50, there's also MasterCard promo where u can get additional 20 dollars off. But there's some issue and other ppl use virtual mastercard to get the promo. U got to read through the thread below

Thanks that helped me a lot too

MakiMaki

Reaction score
Any recommendation for 1440p 144hz ips? Preferably 27”. No prism/supersolid.

You can look at Acer predator xb271hu for a 27” 1440p 144(165)hz IPS monitor with g sync. It’s o ne of the more popular models as it’s relatively cheaper compared to the similar PG279Q by Asus.

Hang_Terra

Reaction score
I got it. Using for 1 mth+, I like it. If you don't mind freesync, I feel this is the best.

Some reports that it works with adaptive gsync (or whatever the proper term is). Also looking at this model. Might wait for the it show to see if there's a promo.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some reports that it works with adaptive gsync (or whatever the proper term is). Also looking at this model. Might wait for the it show to see if there's a promo.

Will inevitably be cheaper when buying online using coupons. Only good thing about buying from IT fairs is you can cash and carry while maybe they will throw in some additional useless freebies. The vg271up could be had for as low as ~$540 on qoo10 when you stack shop + cart coupon, qpoints(if you have), 2% savings on gift card, any credit card rebates etc. Take that as a guage when comparing price during IT show.

Hang_Terra

Reaction score
Will inevitably be cheaper when buying online using coupons. Only good thing about buying from IT fairs is you can cash and carry while maybe they will throw in some additional useless freebies. The vg271up could be had for as low as ~$540 on qoo10 when you stack shop + cart coupon, qpoints(if you have), 2% savings on gift card, any credit card rebates etc. Take that as a guage when comparing price during IT show.

Yeah ofc online with coupons will always be better. Unfortunately it's OOS now. Hopefully they'll bring some in during the show. I'm also interested to see the VG271 P which is the 1080p version. Looks pretty bang for buck at the price range.

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
u can try msi optix mag27cq

its 1440p with 144hz. 1ms MPRT which is similar to the acer nitro 1ms response time MPRT.

Slightly curved. Its a VA panel so the contrast ratio is very good.

i bought the mag24c instead as after trying out tons of monitor, i think i am suited for a smaller monitor size. no ghosting is present when i try on csgo.

Zink00

Reaction score
I have looked at xb271hu and pg279q. Price quite high.. i know thrs cheaper tn/va panels but ips still best colour? Dont really mind the 4ms vs 1ms

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.