www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Hardware Clinic (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/)
-   -   Release dates for AIB RX5700 gfx cards (non reference) (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/release-dates-aib-rx5700-gfx-cards-non-reference-6094684.html)

DarthGW 13-08-2019 08:24 AM

Release dates for AIB RX5700 gfx cards (non reference)
 
any word from locals distros of the release dates for non reference RX 5700 cards? xfx, asrock, gigabyte have already announced theirs and online retailers have listed some of those up

andymarsh 13-08-2019 08:56 AM

The sapphire pulse looks like a great value card. Would be interested in local pricing as well.

DarthGW 13-08-2019 09:19 AM

benchmarks are up on guru3d and techpowerup for asus strix and sapphire cards. interestingly they perform either on par with rtx 2070 super or slightly lower in some games. if the cards are priced below $700 then it can become a very attractive buy

andymarsh 13-08-2019 10:27 AM

Can't comment on the $trix, but pulse should be around sgd650 or less given that the reference is around sgd615.

shawntyq 13-08-2019 11:31 AM

if less than 700 i think everyone shld get it.

but must research on the individual cards temp cos ref card temp is pretty bad hence not good for OC.

xonix 13-08-2019 07:00 PM

AMD covering all it's bases ?

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/67056...10c/index.html

watzup_ken 13-08-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawntyq (Post 122216771)
if less than 700 i think everyone shld get it.

but must research on the individual cards temp cos ref card temp is pretty bad hence not good for OC.

High temps reported is likely due to this:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...ent,40144.html

To be honest, the current stock blower fan is not expected to do well when it comes to cooling. The aftermarket ones should be much better.

slack 14-08-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawntyq (Post 122216771)
if less than 700 i think everyone shld get it.

but must research on the individual cards temp cos ref card temp is pretty bad hence not good for OC.

The two pulse reviews I watched showed great improvements in gpu temps, like 20 c less for gpu junction and edge, and at a normalized 40dba, so quiet and cool! I already emailed convergent to ask when is stock coming in, hope it will be soon.

xonix 14-08-2019 09:23 PM


Mystyque 15-08-2019 12:50 AM

Been wanting to replace my 5870, 5700 looks good and had been thinking of getting it. But then keep asking myself, do I really need it and would my CPU bottleneck it? :s13:

Illusionist_85 15-08-2019 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 122228736)
High temps reported is likely due to this:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/am...ent,40144.html

To be honest, the current stock blower fan is not expected to do well when it comes to cooling. The aftermarket ones should be much better.

learn well from MIW clan:s13:
Quote:

AMD published a blog post yesterday to explain why those high temperatures are "in spec" and how the RX 5700's approach to thermal management is supposed to help enthusiasts get the best performance from their cards.

hg2 15-08-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystyque (Post 122247403)
Been wanting to replace my 5870, 5700 looks good and had been thinking of getting it. But then keep asking myself, do I really need it and would my CPU bottleneck it? :s13:

AIB should be better quality :s13:

My personal reviews...
Spoiler!

xonix 15-08-2019 08:47 PM


Gaminator 15-08-2019 09:07 PM

For AMD, I usually buy Sapphire or PowerColor, but ever since I'd gotten my PC VEGA64 Red Devil, I'd be looking at PowerColor for NAVI 21/23......Red Devil version that is. The reviewer is right about how quiet the Red Devil is, I don't hear it at all over my case fans. It's a beautiful card with the aluminium shroud...
https://i.imgur.com/tO2aB75.jpg

Grandturismo 15-08-2019 09:57 PM

Hope MSI release a better color design than the golden one

Grandturismo 15-08-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xonix (Post 122261314)

The red devil looks nice! $440 USD :eek:

watzup_ken 15-08-2019 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaminator (Post 122261614)
For AMD, I usually buy Sapphire or PowerColor, but ever since I'd gotten my PC VEGA64 Red Devil, I'd be looking at PowerColor for NAVI 21/23......Red Devil version that is. The reviewer is right about how quiet the Red Devil is, I don't hear it at all over my case fans. It's a beautiful card with the aluminium shroud...

I normally get Sapphire, but I cannot understand why Sapphire is still stuck with a miserable 2 years warranty when everyone else is offering 3 to 5 years. Since then, I'm more likely to consider MSI, unless otherwise if the price from Sapphire is very attractive.

xonix 16-08-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 122262681)
I normally get Sapphire, but I cannot understand why Sapphire is still stuck with a miserable 2 years warranty when everyone else is offering 3 to 5 years. Since then, I'm more likely to consider MSI, unless otherwise if the price from Sapphire is very attractive.

Just saw Sapphire Pulse's srp on Facebook, $660

slack 16-08-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xonix (Post 122267034)
Just saw Sapphire Pulse's srp on Facebook, $660

Whose Facebook?

ragnarok95 16-08-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slack (Post 122267365)
Whose Facebook?



There are 2 distro locally. Go search urself. The price is already out.

tigerwoods 16-08-2019 12:25 PM

$655 Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT 8Gb GDDR6 Gpu

slack 16-08-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragnarok95 (Post 122267555)
There are 2 distro locally. Go search urself. The price is already out.

Roger thanks

shawntyq 16-08-2019 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerwoods (Post 122270724)
$655 Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT 8Gb GDDR6 Gpu

very worth it tho, around 2070 super performance.iirc

moonSymph 16-08-2019 02:58 PM

I saw it on b&h fb page.
Quote:

Originally Posted by slack (Post 122267365)
Whose Facebook?


DarthGW 16-08-2019 03:07 PM

so any news when physical stocks will even arrive?

xonix 16-08-2019 03:14 PM

Waiting to see if any AIB cards will hit at AMD's SRP or below prices =:p :s13:

shadow84 16-08-2019 04:36 PM

Have pricing for 5700 instead?

BeanFarmer 16-08-2019 08:53 PM

Any place carrying powercolor 5700 XT red devil yet? FB mentioned it got delayed

tigerwoods 17-08-2019 10:49 AM

Probably will be OOS

Posted from PCWX using Jedi mind trick.

watzup_ken 17-08-2019 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerwoods (Post 122270724)
$655 Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT 8Gb GDDR6 Gpu

Very attractive price. I was thinking of sidegrading my GTX 1080Ti to the RX 5700XT just for the sake of proper FreeSync support. However after some serious considerations, I think I will stick on to my GTX 1080 Ti. :o

xonix 17-08-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by watzup_ken (Post 122289206)
Very attractive price. I was thinking of sidegrading my GTX 1080Ti to the RX 5700XT just for the sake of proper FreeSync support. However after some serious considerations, I think I will stick on to my GTX 1080 Ti. :o

Is that like a downgrade ? Not worth it just for freesync.
I would rather spend the $ on a gsync compatible monitor.

DarthGW 17-08-2019 05:06 PM

keep your Ti. the perf diff is not that big

wahpiang 17-08-2019 06:14 PM

Is no store gonna carry the RX5700 pulse? All I see is for the XT pulse.

slack 17-08-2019 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wahpiang (Post 122292234)
Is no store gonna carry the RX5700 pulse? All I see is for the XT pulse.

I just snagged pct's last xt pulse for $625, slight disc from $629 as i also got a ryzen 3600 & b450 carbon pro ac. didn't see the 5700 version.

Feeling very lucky, cos you don't know when the next shipment will arrive. Stocks worldwide like very limited

moonSymph 17-08-2019 06:43 PM

I hooted the pulse 5700xt today as well =)

https://imgur.com/gallery/E4xAja0

oh yea i heard that some distro not getting 5700 pulse in due to price is very close to reference 5700xt..

moonSymph 17-08-2019 06:47 PM

Anyway pls use the clean install option if u are upgrading from another ati/Amd card.. after my first installation globalwattman was not able to detect my card..and was only resolve after I used the clean install option..

slack 17-08-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonSymph (Post 122292751)
Anyway pls use the clean install option if u are upgrading from another ati/Amd card.. after my first installation globalwattman was not able to detect my card..and was only resolve after I used the clean install option..

Hello fellow owner! I'm coming from gtx 970 so will be using DDU to remove the old Nvidia drivers

Solojaywalker 17-08-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonSymph (Post 122292680)
I hooted the pulse 5700xt today as well =)

https://imgur.com/gallery/E4xAja0

oh yea i heard that some distro not getting 5700 pulse in due to price is very close to reference 5700xt..

where u hoot from :eek: and price?

moonSymph 17-08-2019 08:35 PM

Below are the few store that u can get from.. I can't disclose how much I get it for =/.. Srp is 660 if u getting pc parts will probably be able to ask for discount like one of the bro here who get from pc themes..


Bizgram
Pc Themes
Tech Deals
Global Cybermind

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solojaywalker (Post 122293263)
where u hoot from :eek: and price?


moonSymph 17-08-2019 08:36 PM

Uh use ddu as last resort bah.. I saw some ppl having issue after using ddu on reddit..

Quote:

Originally Posted by slack (Post 122293184)
Hello fellow owner! I'm coming from gtx 970 so will be using DDU to remove the old Nvidia drivers


silentears 17-08-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawntyq (Post 122271680)
very worth it tho, around 2070 super performance.iirc

Cheapest 2070 659
Cheapest 2070 Super 749
5700 Xt Pulse 660

Worth to top up $89 to go for 2070 Super?

wahpiang 17-08-2019 09:56 PM

If they are not carrying the 5700 pulse then it's a big bummer for me. I really don't want to get the reference card.

Koenig168 18-08-2019 12:44 AM

Review of the Pulse 5700XT - very good thermals compared to the reference card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJCm7bnOfU

moonSymph 18-08-2019 01:44 AM

Actually GN review and teardown is one of the reason why i went for Pulse, honestly this time round sapphire did a good job with the pulse.. i was deciding between pulse and Red Devil..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koenig168 (Post 122299052)
Review of the Pulse 5700XT - very good thermals compared to the reference card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQJCm7bnOfU


moonSymph 18-08-2019 01:48 AM

Did some OC.. Idk gfx not detected by timespy 1.0 even though i ran it on timespy 1.1 and on gui it clearly shown 5700xt.. but validation showing as timespy 1.0? maybe because i'm using free version..

https://i.ibb.co/3TZS0dB/timespy-oc.jpg

Koenig168 18-08-2019 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonSymph (Post 122299593)
Actually GN review and teardown is one of the reason why i went for Pulse, honestly this time round sapphire did a good job with the pulse.. i was deciding between pulse and Red Devil..

Sapphire also did a good job with the Pulse RX580. I had it for a few days and the build quality was good.

moonSymph 18-08-2019 10:57 AM

yea my last card before the 5700xt was also from sapphire haha..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koenig168 (Post 122299793)
Sapphire also did a good job with the Pulse RX580. I had it for a few days and the build quality was good.


Mystyque 18-08-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonSymph (Post 122302745)
yea my last card before the 5700xt was also form sapphire haha..

#metoo #5870upgrade5800 :s13:

BeanFarmer 18-08-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentears (Post 122295121)
Cheapest 2070 659
Cheapest 2070 Super 749
5700 Xt Pulse 660

Worth to top up $89 to go for 2070 Super?

Got me thinking as well. Price difference here a lot less compared the US

FD Trinitron 18-08-2019 12:29 PM

Still using my few yrs old Sapphire HD5000 series, waiting for RGB version of 5700XT, anyone has any idea which brand will come out RGB version?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 09:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.