Release dates for AIB RX5700 gfx cards (non reference)

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any word from locals distros of the release dates for non reference RX 5700 cards? xfx, asrock, gigabyte have already announced theirs and online retailers have listed some of those up

andymarsh

Reaction score
The sapphire pulse looks like a great value card. Would be interested in local pricing as well.

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
benchmarks are up on guru3d and techpowerup for asus strix and sapphire cards. interestingly they perform either on par with rtx 2070 super or slightly lower in some games. if the cards are priced below $700 then it can become a very attractive buy

andymarsh

Reaction score
Can't comment on the $trix, but pulse should be around sgd650 or less given that the reference is around sgd615.

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if less than 700 i think everyone shld get it.

but must research on the individual cards temp cos ref card temp is pretty bad hence not good for OC.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

slack

Master Member
Reaction score
if less than 700 i think everyone shld get it.

but must research on the individual cards temp cos ref card temp is pretty bad hence not good for OC.

The two pulse reviews I watched showed great improvements in gpu temps, like 20 °c less for gpu junction and edge, and at a normalized 40dba, so quiet and cool! I already emailed convergent to ask when is stock coming in, hope it will be soon.

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been wanting to replace my 5870, 5700 looks good and had been thinking of getting it. But then keep asking myself, do I really need it and would my CPU bottleneck it? :s13:

Reaction score
High temps reported is likely due to this:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-rx-5700-graphics-card-thermal-management,40144.html

To be honest, the current stock blower fan is not expected to do well when it comes to cooling. The aftermarket ones should be much better.

learn well from MIW clan:s13:
AMD published a blog post yesterday to explain why those high temperatures are "in spec" and how the RX 5700's approach to thermal management is supposed to help enthusiasts get the best performance from their cards.

hg2

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Been wanting to replace my 5870, 5700 looks good and had been thinking of getting it. But then keep asking myself, do I really need it and would my CPU bottleneck it? :s13:

AIB should be better quality :s13:

My personal reviews...
AMD reference architecture is a nightmare, no back plates, single fan poor cooling, off dimension slots that protuding of the PCIE slots, poor display slots interface....PCIE 4 is just a marketing pitch from AMD, no tangible benefits for GPU.

Unfottunate guinea pig to own the Gigabyte RX 5700, one of the most painful GPU to install...early beta driver sucks big time, keeps crashing and BSOD atimdag.sys ...reset win10 countless time... hope AMD can put more resource in software drivers development. Almost give up with Radeon...within 4weeks of launch, AMD oredi announces EOL for this product? :eek: Back to Nvidia...

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For AMD, I usually buy Sapphire or PowerColor, but ever since I'd gotten my PC VEGA64 Red Devil, I'd be looking at PowerColor for NAVI 21/23......Red Devil version that is. The reviewer is right about how quiet the Red Devil is, I don't hear it at all over my case fans. It's a beautiful card with the aluminium shroud...
tO2aB75.jpg

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For AMD, I usually buy Sapphire or PowerColor, but ever since I'd gotten my PC VEGA64 Red Devil, I'd be looking at PowerColor for NAVI 21/23......Red Devil version that is. The reviewer is right about how quiet the Red Devil is, I don't hear it at all over my case fans. It's a beautiful card with the aluminium shroud...

I normally get Sapphire, but I cannot understand why Sapphire is still stuck with a miserable 2 years warranty when everyone else is offering 3 to 5 years. Since then, I'm more likely to consider MSI, unless otherwise if the price from Sapphire is very attractive.

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I normally get Sapphire, but I cannot understand why Sapphire is still stuck with a miserable 2 years warranty when everyone else is offering 3 to 5 years. Since then, I'm more likely to consider MSI, unless otherwise if the price from Sapphire is very attractive.

Just saw Sapphire Pulse's srp on Facebook, $660

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.