Trying to piece up an RGB built

zacky1223

Reaction score
Hello guys, I am looking into RGB build with Ryzen 2 set up. Below is my shortlisted parts. Seeking your advise if it's ok. :)

MOBO/CPU: X470 MSI Carbon Pro Ryzen 5 2600X
RAM: GSkill Trident RGB 3000 2x8GB
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 or CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240L RGB (Need help to choose)
Casing: Fractal Meshify C White TG

reuse: Palit 1070 Super Jet stream
PSU
SSD HDD

Thanks ! :)

archyng

Reaction score
if u want most of ur rgb to sync and to look nice u shd be looking corsair rams, cooler, fans and led strip if not use asus mobo with gskill rams and coolmaster fan as the are all asus aura compatiable. the trick is to be able to use one software to control most of the lighting effects. do make u get compatiable ones. the best is corsair for now as the have the most parts with rgb controlled using one software. same goes to your keyboard, mouse, mousepad, headphones and headphone stand. but u will sacrifice cost and preferences.

Hello guys, I am looking into RGB build with Ryzen 2 set up. Below is my shortlisted parts. Seeking your advise if it's ok. :)

MOBO/CPU: X470 MSI Carbon Pro Ryzen 5 2600X
RAM: GSkill Trident RGB 3000 2x8GB
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 or CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240L RGB (Need help to choose)
Casing: Fractal Meshify C White TG

reuse: Palit 1070 Super Jet stream
PSU
SSD HDD

Thanks ! :)

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cooler i think can go for x52. Unless you want something like corsair rgb kind.

If you wanna use msi gaming pro carbon, you might wanna look out for corsair products to work specifically with that board.

See my review in my thread. There is a corsair connector on that board. Use it for Corsair fan hub or corsair leds that well help you gain 1 control for everything.

zacky1223

Reaction score
Cooler i think can go for x52. Unless you want something like corsair rgb kind.

If you wanna use msi gaming pro carbon, you might wanna look out for corsair products to work specifically with that board.

See my review in my thread. There is a corsair connector on that board. Use it for Corsair fan hub or corsair leds that well help you gain 1 control for everything.

if u want most of ur rgb to sync and to look nice u shd be looking corsair rams, cooler, fans and led strip if not use asus mobo with gskill rams and coolmaster fan as the are all asus aura compatiable. the trick is to be able to use one software to control most of the lighting effects. do make u get compatiable ones. the best is corsair for now as the have the most parts with rgb controlled using one software. same goes to your keyboard, mouse, mousepad, headphones and headphone stand. but u will sacrifice cost and preferences.

Hey guys thanks for the replies. :) Roy bro i saw your review on the Carbon Pro. I am actually leaning towards X52 but happens to see CoolerMaster's AIO as well so wanted opinions on that.I am checking this corsair Hydro Series™ H115i PRO RGB 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler as well.

So meaning both your suggestion is to go for Corsair's product AIO, Fans, keyboard, mousepad(currently using corsair's) to be able to sync the lighting with the carbon pro mobo right ?

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the replies. :) Roy bro i saw your review on the Carbon Pro. I am actually leaning towards X52 but happens to see CoolerMaster's AIO as well so wanted opinions on that.I am checking this corsair Hydro Series™ H115i PRO RGB 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler as well.

So meaning both your suggestion is to go for Corsair's product AIO, Fans, keyboard, mousepad(currently using corsair's) to be able to sync the lighting with the carbon pro mobo right ?

Periperals wise they will link it to Corsair Link software.

Whatever inside a case, if you use corsair fan hub and fans, you connect it easier by hooking it up direct to the mobo. Then you can use the corsair link software to control everything.

d3adc3II

Reaction score
You should not rack up many RGB into 1 system.

lesser rgb for more elegant look.

I have all RGB from ram , cpu AIO, mainboard, gpu , and 4 led strips. But now I only turn on few components only

archyng

Reaction score
peripherals will be corsair cue software. hardware will be corsair link software. but they shd have already release or releasing corsair icue which is their solution to have 1 app controling all corsair products be it rgb lighting, fan speed, aio pump speed and also all sensors temp management. so yr rgb will sync from keyboard all the way till ur case fans and leds.

havent try it yet cause i have only their keyboard, fans, leds within a 570x.

link is here

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/icue

i think they and asus are the only makers that has and allow u to sync your peripherals and hardware together. rest like razer only has led strips and peripherals(TT also just did). asus peripherals might not be as superior in terms of quality build and performance compare to corsair (keyboards, mouse, mousepad and headphones)

Periperals wise they will link it to Corsair Link software.

Whatever inside a case, if you use corsair fan hub and fans, you connect it easier by hooking it up direct to the mobo. Then you can use the corsair link software to control everything.

archyng

Reaction score
and yes now i guess the trend is shifting towards more metalic brass metal feel.

after building my rgb build and rebuilding it i rather have corsair doms as rams.

You should not rack up many RGB into 1 system.

lesser rgb for more elegant look.

I have all RGB from ram , cpu AIO, mainboard, gpu , and 4 led strips. But now I only turn on few components only

archyng

Reaction score
x52 kickass rgb but i think they suffer more issue with pump failures and leaking than corsair series of aios. get the 360mm h150i shd be lagi even more performance. but nothing beats custom wc but cost, effort and maintenance might not be easy.

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a trick to it. RGB built is not all about all just RGB. Doing so it will not look fancy.

In fact RGB built is one of the most difficult rig to customise. A lot of options, but it doesnt mean that all will blend well together.

White reflects colours, while black absorb most of it. So its not so simple to just put all RGB components inside and expect it to look good. It doesnt.

Do it with a little twist. Such as the casing interior white, but with rgb LED it will reflect all the colours inside the case. It will really pop out like a glowing paddle pop.

Must mix and match to see the final effect and see if it gets to what you want.

Remember another benefit. RGB need not be rainbow colours. You can make single colours per component to make it look like rgb to.

zacky1223

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the information. I am also reading up each component specs etc and also to be able to sync all the colors together. Will try to overkill with RGB. :p

d3adc3II

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the information. I am also reading up each component specs etc and also to be able to sync all the colors together. Will try to overkill with RGB. :p

My Nzxt setup :

I have 4 nzxt led strip too but I turned all off in the end.

Imo, it's ok to use multiple software to control the RGB. You don't change it very often anyways.

FlipGor

Reaction score
There is a trick to it. RGB built is not all about all just RGB. Doing so it will not look fancy.

In fact RGB built is one of the most difficult rig to customise. A lot of options, but it doesnt mean that all will blend well together.

White reflects colours, while black absorb most of it. So its not so simple to just put all RGB components inside and expect it to look good. It doesnt.

Do it with a little twist. Such as the casing interior white, but with rgb LED it will reflect all the colours inside the case. It will really pop out like a glowing paddle pop.

Must mix and match to see the final effect and see if it gets to what you want.

Remember another benefit. RGB need not be rainbow colours. You can make single colours per component to make it look like rgb to.

Yea, not to mention the rgb lighting standards is not standardized. Some is rbg, some is rbgw. Then still got addressable leds etc. I think can start whole new dedicated thread on rgb lighting and it different types liao lor

icheb

Reaction score
In my personal experience, I think it's best to stick to one or two rgb systems, meaning buy components and peripherals that work in harmony with each other, intergrating and controlling all of them under one or two softwares. Coordinating different RGB effects through multiple softwares, can be a bit tedious.

Also, it would be a better approach to come up with a theme, rather than going all out RGB. You need to imagine just what kind of PC you want to build from a visual perspective, and then work towards it by carefully choosing your components. Not just the RGB components, but the GPU, motherboard and even CPU coolers and casing. I think if you spend more time coming up with a coherent theme, your build will look so much better than just simply vomitting RGB lights left right front and center.

zacky1223

Reaction score
In my personal experience, I think it's best to stick to one or two rgb systems, meaning buy components and peripherals that work in harmony with each other, intergrating and controlling all of them under one or two softwares. Coordinating different RGB effects through multiple softwares, can be a bit tedious.

Also, it would be a better approach to come up with a theme, rather than going all out RGB. You need to imagine just what kind of PC you want to build from a visual perspective, and then work towards it by carefully choosing your components. Not just the RGB components, but the GPU, motherboard and even CPU coolers and casing. I think if you spend more time coming up with a coherent theme, your build will look so much better than just simply vomitting RGB lights left right front and center.

Alright man thanks for the advise. I am looking through the different builts to see what kind of rgb settings I like and of course the price factor also lol

icheb

Reaction score
Alright man thanks for the advise. I am looking through the different builts to see what kind of rgb settings I like and of course the price factor also lol

Pinterest is a great way to get inspiration for your build!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.