WD MyCloud Mirror Gen 2 slow access issues ... :(

tycosadako

Reaction score
Got a 2 x 4TB, mainly use it to store family photos and videos. But recently it’s very slow to access the files and to hibernate. Only just now it took me 20 mins just to load the GUI admin page! And when I tried to hibernate, it hanged and I need to do a 4 sec restart. https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=13987
Is it normal that it loads so slowly or is there something wrong? Really regret getting it. Should just get MyBook instead where it’s just USB plug and play.

Apex

Reaction score
Got a 2 x 4TB, mainly use it to store family photos and videos. But recently it’s very slow to access the files and to hibernate. Only just now it took me 20 mins just to load the GUI admin page! And when I tried to hibernate, it hanged and I need to do a 4 sec restart. https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=13987
Is it normal that it loads so slowly or is there something wrong? Really regret getting it. Should just get MyBook instead where it’s just USB plug and play.

No shouldn't be that slow. But I nv like WD cloud drives as their firmware always have a lot issue.

- Have you recently upgrade the firmware?
- Is the drive still under warranty? Maybe u can log a ticket with WD

tycosadako

Reaction score
Just checked the Drive status - they are Healthy.
So what’s the reasons for the slowness ..???

tycosadako

Reaction score
No shouldn't be that slow. But I nv like WD cloud drives as their firmware always have a lot issue.

- Have you recently upgrade the firmware?
- Is the drive still under warranty? Maybe u can log a ticket with WD

Firmware was recently updated to WD latest firmware.
Yes still under warranty. Bought in Mar last year.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It does sound like may be one of the drive is failing. What are you checking the drive status with and how long it took to run it?

tycosadako

Reaction score
It does sound like may be one of the drive is failing. What are you checking the drive status with and how long it took to run it?

I’m using WD built-in health checker that can be seen from its GUI - but it’s not good ?
Is there any 3rd party software to use to confirm?

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Can you try roll back the firmware.

Might be firmware issue. Standard SOP, PLS ensure important data are backup before roll back the firmware.

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score

I think his wd cloud has two HDD mirror the data. So if one drive fail. It shouldn't slow down.

tycosadako

Reaction score
I think his wd cloud has two HDD mirror the data. So if one drive fail. It shouldn't slow down.

It’s in default Raid 1 configuration.

Before I roll back the firmware, think I should provide more info. Currently I have 2 Asus RT-AC68U in AI Mesh. The WD MyCloud mirror is connected to the AI Mesh node router, as it’s nearer to my desktop PC.
But even before AI mesh came out, the secondary Router was configured as extender.
Hope the info can help shed some light.

Apex

Reaction score
can run a diag test. dun run full take ages to finish

ETOgIdo.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.