Where to find vinyl wrap to cover ssd

_d0nut

Reaction score
Hi, I have a PC with exposed ssd bracket, the sandisk ssd really look damn ugly and can be seen from the tempered glass window and i want to cover it.. i watched this video and saw that he cover the ssd with vinyl wrap. Can I find it in popular at toa payoh?

singupingu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use hair dryer, blow and heat up the glue of the sticker. Slowly use some tweezer and remove the sticker.

Plain black now. No need whatever vinyl sticker lol

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3003 using GAGT

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its ok. noone will come to your house just to see your casing

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use the vinyl wrap, cover up the tempered glass. Nothing can be seen. :D

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Hi, I have a PC with exposed ssd bracket, the sandisk ssd really look damn ugly and can be seen from the tempered glass window and i want to cover it.. i watched this video and saw that he cover the ssd with vinyl wrap. Can I find it in popular at toa payoh?

Yes. Else you can buy any material of paper you want in popular, cut out the shape and paste it using double-sided tape.

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If your case has a HDD bracket which cant be seen from the TG side panel, do consider relocating your ssd there instead?

Psycovirus

Reaction score
I remember seeing some Vinyl wrap in Daiso. Black/Carbon fibre look. Only $2. Should be enough to cover SSD.

_d0nut

Reaction score
I remember seeing some Vinyl wrap in Daiso. Black/Carbon fibre look. Only $2. Should be enough to cover SSD.

which daiso did u see? my nearest daiso at novena got basicaly nothing there. probably need to go ion one

Psycovirus

Reaction score
which daiso did u see? my nearest daiso at novena got basicaly nothing there. probably need to go ion one
fawGPCUl.jpg

40cm * 20cm
Plaza Sing Daiso.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hm, ill see if i can do that without unplugging everything

Only need to unplug SATA power and data cables, reroute them to the back and into HDD cage. Then screw the SSD to the HDD caddie and slot in. Done.

xtractor

Master Member
Reaction score

done this before and advice u not to do it
1.once u removed any sticker from the SSD warranty void...happen to me never get this replace or exchange
2.vinyl wrap will trap more heat on the SSD...depend
SSD model...some SSD came with metal casing too

example as below this SSD came with thermal paste

if u confident that the SSD will not give u any problem then ignore #2

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.