Who here are waiting for the RTX 3000 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will just go for the 10GB. 20GB for me is way too overkill cos I do moderate gaming and use adobe softwares only. Hopefully 10GB will restock earlier.

Supplies next year cny then stable for the 3080 lol. 20gb version maybe mid year next year than stable. lol

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Dear all, i just got the Strix 3080 OC, based on my current CPU it seems to be bottleneck overclocked at 4.8Ghz most of time at 94%~99% while playing Shadow of Tomb Raider.

I would like to check does upgrading RAM memory will have any framerate improvement?

i check amazon sg today Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (3200 MHz) approx ~S$190 wondering if this help improve performance and not upgrading my cpu and motherboard.

fyi benchmark on Shadow of Tomb Raider is 33% GPU bound (Highest setting) average 68 FPS @ 1440p monitor using latest GPU driver 456.71 release today.

Many thanks in advance.

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear all, i just got the Strix 3080 OC, based on my current CPU it seems to be bottleneck overclocked at 4.8Ghz most of time at 94%~99% while playing Shadow of Tomb Raider.

I would like to check does upgrading RAM memory will have any framerate improvement?

i check amazon sg today Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (3200 MHz) approx ~S$190 wondering if this help improve performance and not upgrading my cpu and motherboard.

fyi benchmark on Shadow of Tomb Raider is 33% GPU bound (Highest setting) average 68 FPS @ 1440p monitor using latest GPU driver 456.71 release today.

Many thanks in advance.

Negligible difference. Just youtube and see.

Nitrile

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Many thanks in advance.

Wow. Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
What can go wrong having a more powerful psu if the premium is peanuts difference? Future proof yo

We change gfx so ever often but my 1000watt PSU have been servicing my needs for the last 7 years

He was going for a 3080. I told him with the type of PSU he has, he can go for a 3090.

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Many thanks in advance.

Wow. Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Wow envy. ROG Strix 3080 is my top option also. Want to know where you get from so fast :)

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Many thanks in advance.

I had this same problem with my 6700k and 2080 Ti where in newer games my GPU would sit around 70% and my CPU core usage will go past 80-90%.

4 cores 4 threads simply isn't enough for all the new games today. You would need at least 8 cores 16 threads and beyond for any kind for future proofing. Do not waste your time upgrading your memory it is not the major cause of your bottleneck. You need a platform revamp. If can wait, wait for Zen3 which would be optimal.

Last edited:

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wow envy. ROG Strix 3080 is my top option also. Want to know where you get from so fast :)

It's really a very nice card, just my cpu struggles to cope with it's power, while other games seems ok except this tomb raider really hard to fit it's requirement, a true classic AAA game in my opinion.

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's really a very nice card, just my cpu struggles to cope with it's power, while other games seems ok except this tomb raider really hard to fit it's requirement, a true classic AAA game in my opinion.

Nice to hear you like it. Maybe is your processor?

I did my rig upgrading part by part since July this year. Changed almost everything new already, the only piece left is the GPU and perhaps I may hopelessly still waiting for some luck on the ROG Strix 3080 :s13:

Yongkit

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I had this same problem with my 6700k and 2080 Ti where in newer games my GPU would sit around 70% and my CPU core usage will go past 80-90%.

4 cores 4 threads simply isn't enough for all the new games today. You would need at least 8 cores 16 threads and beyond for any kind of future proofing. Do not waste your time upgrading your memory it is not the major cause of your bottleneck. You need a platform revamp. If can wait, wait for Zen3 which would be optimal.

Noted will monitor and see the upcoming technology advancement, personally I prefer intel over to AMD for the motherboard design and cpu slot smaller based on my impression and power effecientcy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.