[GPGT] Share your old Computer system Receipts

kandinsky

Master Member
Reaction score
1 of my early pc brochure & receipt

Wah, epic. Thanks for sharing. I was only around pri sch then, but I'm pretty sure we had the 486... My dad probably still has the receipt lying around somewhere, but the 'brochure' takes the cake.

Interesting to see the prices, adjusted for inflation using the MAS inflation calculator:

A "basket" of goods and services that costs S$ 2,399.00 in the overall category in 1994 would cost S$ 3,410.48 in 2014.

A "basket" of goods and services that costs S$ 2,399.00 in the overall category in 1994 would cost S$ 3,410.48 in 2014.

--------------

We had a lot of issues after awhile. Recall lugging the CPU all the way back to the Tai Seng office at least 2-3 times for servicing.

Last edited:

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time IPC got include King's Quest CD-ROM.

Izzit a player holding a sword n run all over?
Compaq got this game as well.

During that time OS using win3.1/3.11 and got free upgrade to win95 when release.

Reaction score
found this by accident... seems like yesterday when Bell was still around.
bought from Bell too...
14sp6ki.jpg

idf6dd.jpg

still using both Lian-Li PC-10 case --->

10qavps.jpg

the front cover threw away as all the clip holders r broken.

mib500

Master Member
Reaction score
the difference is like heaven and earth... to much diff in performance but same price ..... :s13::s13::s13:

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does my post say high end ?

lol if 3.8K not high end den what is?

And anyone who want do SLI would normally go for 970s and higher, anything lower like 960 would be better off with 980 ti.

Just saying if anyone who is going after all the specs / features u listed above, they probably gonna fork out more than 3.8k (for Intel 8 cores) for a same standard specs that doesnt bottleneck.

Last edited:

Callow Guy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lifetime Warranty by IPC :eek: Anyone still have IPC computer? They uplorry already.. how?

ykgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no idea about iCute PSU then, and it was recommended so I just took it. It served me well for 4 yeas plus until it self-exterminated. lol.

Did it go quietly or it chibabom with fire and sparks? Did it kill any other parts when it died?

Gattberserk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no idea about iCute PSU then, and it was recommended so I just took it. It served me well for 4 yeas plus until it self-exterminated. lol.

iCute PSU is infamous PSU that always self terminate with a spectacular fireworks! :D

nwh_sg

Reaction score
Did it go quietly or it chibabom with fire and sparks? Did it kill any other parts when it died?

There was a pop sound and smell of smoke coming from the PSU. I quickly switched off the main. It didn't kill any other parts though. Lucky.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.