HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[Guide]How to RMA your Intel Processor

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #61
Supremacy Member

Hi Experts/Brothers,

I have to bare own courier expenses to send faulty unit to Intel Penang.
Please advice if It is ok to use registered mail speed post or must I use DHL, Fedex or UPS?
Why do bear the costs?
Old 17-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #62
Master Member

Why do bear the costs?
Contacted Intel on 8 April on my faulty xeon unit(online unit). After about 1 email exchange a day from Intel Customer Service (seems like they only reply to one email a day to each customer). They did help to find out that mine was a boxed set processor but when i purchased it, it came with just bare chip. After about 9 emails, today Intel just informed me that have to bare own courier expenses to send faulty unit to Intel Penang.

Why? Because the unit was found out that it was purchased outside of Asia Pacific Region after further validation, it can only be processed as SWR One-Way Freight order wherein I will be responsible for the inbound shipping of the defective product.

Already have Intel Penang's address. Currently waiting for Intel to proceed with the replacement process. Waiting for the return number that Intel will be providing me for reference before sending the defective part to their depot.

What I would like to know is, Please advice if It is ok to use registered mail speed post or must I use DHL, Fedex or UPS? and anyone have personal experience of bearing your own courier expenses for Intel, Sg to Penang and details.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #63
Great Supremacy Member

Contacted Intel on 8 April on my faulty xeon unit(online unit). After about 1 email exchange a day from Intel Customer Service (seems like they only reply to one email a day to each customer). They did help to find out that mine was a boxed set processor but when i purchased it, it came with just bare chip. After about 9 emails, today Intel just informed me that have to bare own courier expenses to send faulty unit to Intel Penang.

Why? Because the unit was found out that it was purchased outside of Asia Pacific Region after further validation, it can only be processed as SWR One-Way Freight order wherein I will be responsible for the inbound shipping of the defective product.

Already have Intel Penang's address. Currently waiting for Intel to proceed with the replacement process. Waiting for the return number that Intel will be providing me for reference before sending the defective part to their depot.

What I would like to know is, Please advice if It is ok to use registered mail speed post or must I use DHL, Fedex or UPS? and anyone have personal experience of bearing your own courier expenses for Intel, Sg to Penang and details.
Make sure you have insurance, so if the item lost in transit, you can claim back the cost.
Old 29-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #64

First time doing a RMA for INTEL CPU, in the AWB under "shipping infomation", what should I write on the total package and total weight as instructed on the documents?

Do I need to fill in the details of the commodity description?

In the RCI, where I am suppose to sign my signature in the form?

Thank you,
Calvin
Old 19-05-2014, 11:52 AM   #65

Thank you very much for the info, i just RMA my I3 successfully and its very well informed!!!
merismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2014, 03:47 AM   #66

RMA-ed my intel i3 recently as well and this guide is very useful! just an update that no longer need to send in the fan anymore. i just sent mine with just the bare processor wrapped in bubble wrap
blackwater112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2016, 07:51 PM   #67
Master Member

Amazon intel cpu have international warranty?
firebrand83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2016, 01:21 PM   #68

Awesome guide!
RMA-ed my i7 CPU recently, only took 3-4 days for the entire process.
The RCI and other relevant docs were emailed to me, instructions in the email about RMA procedures were very clear.
Fan number and the stock fan wasn't needed though, just wrap the CPU properly and give it to the courier along with the documents emailed to you.
Intel Penang will acknowledge in email when they receive the CPU and when they ship you a new one they'll inform you through email again. You can track the shipping progress through the Fedex website afterwards.
Smooth process with friendly and helpful customer service personnel at Intel.
pestanah and Mach3.2 like this.
FreerunFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2017, 12:11 AM   #69
High Supremacy Member

how long did you guy's rma took?

TIA
nexusRAGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #70
Supremacy Member

RMA experience from 2017 Q1

Shipment Document Update
1. Email printout (In return packaging)
2. Prepaid shipping label and Return Shipment Instruction (x1 courier)
Received via Email Attachment. No longer hand-delivered
3. Return Commercial Invoice (x2 courier, 1x personal copy)
Received via Email Attachment. No longer hand-delivered

Spoiler!
Mach3.2 likes this.

Last edited by Encrypted11; 11-10-2017 at 12:55 PM..
Encrypted11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.