HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Amazon now offers free international shipping to Singapore... (strictly no referral link)

Like Tree167Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #61

400sgd per cart or per item
should be per cart,so better to break into different delivery if over 400
marcus70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #62

can use usa psu or casing?
foosdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:44 AM   #63

How about MSI? International warranty mean i need to to send back to Taiwan for warranty? i wonder local distributor will accept the warranty though. what i afraid is the product spoiled or damaged (physically) during the shipment to SG.
m32t8103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #64
Supremacy Member

u can send the card back to amazon and they will ship a replacement. although its not 100% - im pretty sure they will waive your shipping fee from SG to USA if u politely ask...
their customer service is truly superb...never a disappointment.
rAcEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:53 AM   #65
Supremacy Member

How about MSI? International warranty mean i need to to send back to Taiwan for warranty? i wonder local distributor will accept the warranty though. what i afraid is the product spoiled or damaged (physically) during the shipment to SG.
email the distro to ask lor
rAcEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:08 AM   #66
Banned

email the distro to ask lor
Local distro will never cover ur product warranty (if it's, also not for free; they will charge exorbitant handling fee) bought from oversea even if it's international warranty

A very good example, tablet like Google/Asus Nexus 7. On Asus official website, it clearly written it has international warranty, meaning you can RMA anywhere in the world as long as the country has service centre. But sadly, such thing will never happen in SG.
SSDLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #67

u can send the card back to amazon and they will ship a replacement. although its not 100% - im pretty sure they will waive your shipping fee from SG to USA if u politely ask...
their customer service is truly superb...never a disappointment.
Agreed.

I had a Kindle that went kaput after 6 mths. Chatted with their CSO. He authorised an immediate replacement. The replacement was sent out within 2 days. An order was created. I just need to access the order link, print out the free DHL return slip and sent my item to DHL locally. Better still, I only need to sent in my defective Kindle within 30 days after receiving my replacement. Amazon will email acknowledge receipt of return items. Superb service. Not sure if other rma is done this way.
Just Me and ChewAhSoon like this.
samtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #68
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just a heads up, whenever big boys like Amazon show up. Ppl will cheer.

But in USA, some ppl get so addicted to Amazon they feel bad when their local stores start closing coz cannot compete. Maybe

one day...
our local stores start closing down will kock some sense into the REIT landlords, singapore rental is way too high
F3Rm1nat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #69

time to hoot SSD
sagiluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 10:47 AM   #70
High Supremacy Member

I am so tempted to make my purchase for direct free SG shipping. but locally it is singpost! I worry...
chengsun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #71

I am so tempted to make my purchase for direct free SG shipping. but locally it is singpost! I worry...
I think they are also using a cheaper international courier - Prestige Delivery. Tracking is sub-par compare to DHL or UPS.
samtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #72

For me, even got free shipping to SG, I rather pay to ComGateway to ship my items. I got zero faith left in Stinkpost.
fffrozzz likes this.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #73
Banned

our local stores start closing down will kock some sense into the REIT landlords, singapore rental is way too high
You can't simply just blame the rental for exorbitant pricing.
Last year when i went to RMA a power suppply at local distro at Ubi, i saw Porsche Boxster and expensive mercedes (forget what model, certainly not ordinary c or e class) parked there.

Probably retailers at sls dont earn much, but distro business/profit seems to be very lucrative judging from the expensive cars there.
ChewAhSoon likes this.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #74
Banned

For me, even got free shipping to SG, I rather pay to ComGateway to ship my items. I got zero faith left in Stinkpost.
If you never receive, just talk to amazon customer service thru the chat system. They will handle it professionally by either refund you or re-ship with the fastest way of shipping available.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #75
High Supremacy Member

If you never receive, just talk to amazon customer service thru the chat system. They will handle it professionally by either refund you or re-ship with the fastest way of shipping available.
Like this, they will soon cancel free shipping to SG I predict. Too many fail delivery encounters!
deathdealer likes this.
chengsun is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.