"GodZyla – Thoughts, Guides And Etc"

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
screwdriverlite.jpg

playing with the mini touch :D

hmm since waiting for my casing and fans from fortran, might as well do some preparation setup

Fastening Cosair H70 brackets to the mobo and at the meantime playing with the cute screwdriver

asus.jpg

the Asus P7P55D-E Pro, I know why not MSI P55 GD85, reason being 1st I have bad experience with MSI board before, 2nd the price in the market is more of a demand plus the price to me not right.. therefore decided to go back to the trust worthy Asus board that I keep purchasing. the DFI board that I am now using, not say is not good. It is good and I intend to make this DFI a HTPC outside my living room :)

fixbackplate.jpg

preparing the heatsink back plate

fixbackplate1.jpg

taping the sides of the back plate.

backplate.jpg

wala, perfect fit. however I notice the back plate is not straight as I have checked on the internet and emailed to cosair. it's design this way. Anyway still a perfect fit...

fixon.jpg

now screw the bracket of the heatsink. not fastening just enuff for the bracket to grip, I will explain later on as how should a H70 unit be mounted on this bracket itself..

well thats all for now.. do drop by for part two three four or even more.. the more I build and mod the more ideas I will have lol.. stay tune!!!!

nickwh

Reaction score
Nice purchases. :)

Btw, happened to pop by Chamoxa, saw them selling the Gentle Typhoons for SGD29.

Queer looking fan, rather heavy but i guess Nidec knows that they are doing. :D

zedane

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow i am impressed with your past work:s31:. Hope the upcoming one would be even better :s13:

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice purchases. :)

Btw, happened to pop by Chamoxa, saw them selling the Gentle Typhoons for SGD29.

Queer looking fan, rather heavy but i guess Nidec knows that they are doing. :D

honestly.. the impression it gave me are like those days back with Nidec and Papst.. solid build fan.. at frist when I open up the typoon, I thought I am holding a papst fan... and ya is rather heavy but seriously quiet.. never thought the fan to be so quiet.

Elijahonli

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
honestly.. the impression it gave me are like those days back with Nidec and Papst.. solid build fan.. at frist when I open up the typoon, I thought I am holding a papst fan... and ya is rather heavy but seriously quiet.. never thought the fan to be so quiet.
high airflow also?

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
high airflow also?

the airflow rated 58cfm but when i compared with the xlf xigmatek 120mm fans rated 63cfm, it has stronger air pressure plus is quieter, I can't hear anything when these two fan are mounted. the corsair rated 2000rpm.. man it produce decent airflow but seriously noisy like man.. the whinning from the blade is audible

oh well. continue of where I stop lol

casenfan.jpg

Final items arrived lol..thanks fortan for the hardwork :D these item came to me Saturday and I spend almost two days tidying up everything.

fixboard.jpg

cannot wait have to mount.. lol

fanpin.jpg

the usual thingy. prepare to sleeve fans lol..

fanpinf.jpg

One done another to go ^-^b

wcmod.jpg

what on EARTH am I doing.. hmm thinking it's kind of plain on the H70 WC kit.. so had picture with nice visible lines.. thought for using white marker but will peel, thought of using thread but not shinning enuff.. then staring at those IDE cables.. those 40pin flat cables.. BINGO, is soft, grossy and there I go....

wcmodfinal.jpg

not bad :D

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok cut short.. I am getting lazy.. basically did some sleeving only.. demount the HDD cage of this case to provide more air.. just want the com to run so I can get back to work lol

Enjoy!

oh btw. I have manage to overclock i7 875K rock stable at 4.2Ghz and the temperature is amazingly at 72 degrees on load no change.. non air conditional room ya lol and I think I got a good chipset.. as the voltage at 1.29 with multiplier 21 x 200. and amazingly G.skill rams are good at 1.55volts with timing 7-8-7-24.. will try other settings later when I go home lol

overall.jpg

night.jpg

Last edited:

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
looks nice......

Thank you Thank you.. but then not happy with the way the cables are place.. hmm
anyway Happy Hari Raya lol.. since nothing to do.. do some cable management and do some mods..

Overall Look right now after few hours of mod and cable management.
Final-Overall.jpg

Side Pannel Off
Final-IntOverall.jpg

Close up, the most headache in cable management is the 24Pin PSU plug.. took me hours to figure how am I going to do it. As why cos I took off the HDD cage below and place the HDD at the 5 1/4" bay.. as I dont like HDD cage at the bottom that blocks the air flow.
Final-CloseUp.jpg

At least happy to see that no messy cables going around at the bottom. My first time using case that the PSU is located at the bottom.
Final-BottomInt.jpg

Another Angle looking at the interior front.. and yes I did a mod to hold the HDD in place and there are more clearance for air.
Final-FrontInt.jpg

at first before I do anything I was using those 5 1/4" covertors to 3.5" kind of ugly
aahdmk53.gif

Remembering that I have the HDD cage of my old PC 12 case which I also took out, I did this.
Final-HDDmod.jpg

Last edited:

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So much neater and nothing sticking out from the 5 1/4" bay. Everything just nice in lenght, looking in the interior that is... anyway look at the front.. ya I know.. can see silver metal cos that piece is actually taken off from an additional 5 1/4" to 3.5" HDD bay. I intend to do some mods later, that is to put a fan there to blow cool air to my HDD, not forgetting to either paint the silver parts black or stick it with vinyl film, as for now I will just leave it.
Final-Bezel.jpg

This is what I am talking about, the 5 1/4" to 3.5" HDD cage bay which I got it 5 years back from Hong Kong SGD $21 bucks. I took the front protion and use it to cover the the HDD, as there are holes so ventilation should be quiet ok. as for the rest of the parts on this cage, I will use it on my other case.
ex23a02.jpg

hmm I purposely place this 120mm Gentle Typhoon (which is to cater air intake to my H70) outside the case to give more clearance interiorly, as this will not block the top 140mm interior fan. Later on I will do something to this fan. maybe add a grill or something.
Final-Back.jpg

hmm by looking at the next side of my case, it reminds me of Back to the future.. the FLUX CAPACITOR lol, shape like it..
Final-CableManagement.jpg

usb3done.jpg

I enhance further due to the ugliness of the blue USB 3.0 cables.. took me a few more hours but was done on a different date and time compared to the able tidy up.

Some thoughts when using this Lian Li - PC F7NWX
this case is much bigger compared to my previous case the PC 12 that is. honestly speaking this case really got me thinking. have to be very precise on the things you purchase.. I have a few problems with it when fixing up the components I purchase.. 1st the 8pin EPS on the board, I am using Asus P7P55D-E where the 8pin is located very near to the 140mm fan position. due to the clip that is on that cable that blocks me from installing the 140mm fan, I have to cut off that clip (I did that on the extension 8pin plug and not the PSU 8pin plug). It's just nice to fit.
Final-Block.jpg

The 24pin area is also another headache.. as the motherboard tray does not have a middle hole to route the cable through. Either have to use the top or bottom section hold to route the 24pin cable...
pc-60fnwx-09.jpg

the space between the side panel and where the cable management can be done is rather narrow.. have to really plan and seat your cables properly.. thats why I ended up managing my cables with cable tie that really resemblance the FLUX CAPACITOR from back to the future..

The tooless 5 1/4" brackets and the PCI tooless machanisim, some parts are plastic.. therefore as years passes by it will wear and tear.

does not have a removable motherboard tray which can be a good assest too.

as for overall. I would say

1) Stylish looking
2) Spacious to work with.
3) Has a black interior.
4) lots of anti virbration features..

else I have nothing to complain :D

Last edited:

Mythmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Route the cables to stay as close to a solid body as possible... and not leaving it in mid air. It will look much neater :D

Last edited:

Mythmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry just 1 qn.....front and back all is intake?

Actually, it's a nice workable concept if your rig is in the open and not chunk in 1 corner with dead air at the back and side. But I don't think should use GT... use AP121 the effect should be much much better. And cannot use casing like lian li... need something with mesh covers.

But if you ask me, I think he simply mounted the fan in the wrong direction :s13:

Last edited:

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sorry just 1 qn.....front and back all is intake?

Yes front and back intake.. exhaust from top :D

done the testing either ways..

Concept 1
Front Intake
Back exhuast
top exhuast

Not impress with the above as it's like almost using same as air cooling, only few degree difference from air cooling on load

Concept 2
Front Intake
Back exhuast
top Intake

Only improves a few degress. however can feel the warmness inside the case when open.

Concept 3
Front Intake
Back Intake
top Exhuast

Best of the three concept.. the cooling is good.. 8 to 10 degree diff when running full load, hence lots of circulation inside the case as hot air raises and out of the case from top.

Route the cables to stay as close to a solid body as possible... and not leaving it in mid air. It will look much neater :D
not my style.. pulling cables too tight will cause chocks on electrical current flow.. is like water running through a rubber pipe.. if you crimp or tighten a rubber pipe too much.. it gets chock.. ok whatever concept you might think, have tested on a multi-meter.. 12v rail does not give true put of 11.89v instead, it's giving 11.45v.. just a bit on electrical current.. if you play hi-end british amps you will know what's the important of having speakers cable, interconnectors, bridging cables to run as naturally as possible instead of tightening them to the hi-fi frame.. take example.. those who play vaccum tubes.. see thier speakers cable and interconnectors.. they are lay on the ground or underground naturally, they dont tie them. Also important factor to new Hi-End amprefiers during run in, that is to product more warm sounding. Therefore I am use to letting wire lose, I mean can tie but lose and not tie them to chock them.

Actually, it's a nice workable concept if your rig is in the open and not chunk in 1 corner with dead air at the back and side. But I don't think should use GT... use AP121 the effect should be much much better. And cannot use casing like lian li... need something with mesh covers.

But if you ask me, I think he simply mounted the fan in the wrong direction :s13:
ar.. thanks for the advise and the fans are not in the wrong direction.. the radiator prefers to have fresh cool air through and not hot air through, reason is the warm air will warm the cooling agent inside the radiator of this H70 unit which defeat the purpose of water cooling. i work it out this way as not to chunk if you see from the the side-front it might look there are blockage, however if you see carefully on the way I position, there are clearance for air and it actually breaks into two part. bottom and top section. I done my testing and my mod not finish yet lol.. so far have tested using temporary fan but the concept is as below... the PCI grills helps to exhuast hot air.. and the top fan does that too..

AirDirection.jpg

will need to get a low profile fan to mod at the PCI slot area to draw more hot air out..

by the way you mentioned on AP121 fan.. yes it will work if place for bottom front intake.. however sad to say the front is a 140mm fan. unless mod but too lazy lol.

Last edited:

Mythmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious, you route the USB ports/cables for the card reader or other device?

Why don't you connect the device to the vacant USB header on the motherboard?

That's the 2 USB 3 cable from the front of the casing, FNWX have 2x USB3 in front :o

Mobo don't have USB3 headers yet... so have to connect to the back.

KleoZy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's the 2 USB 3 cable from the front of the casing, FNWX have 2x USB3 in front :o

Mobo don't have USB3 headers yet... so have to connect to the back.

yup mythmaker is correct. reason for this is due to the USB 3.0, speaking of which.. this is something which I thought over it.. when I gotten this case, there am I thinking.. now no usb 3.0 header on any mobo yet. plus the USB 3.0 cables are slightly different build from USB 2.0, how on earth am I going to connect the USB 3.0 port to my mobo. then after reading up.. I have to forgo the look and to adapt to this situation as I am required to use USB 3 HDD devices for work.. oh well no choice I guess.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.