Noctua D14 VS Prolimatech Megahalem

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can can..... Take ur time. I had an unexpected cash flow prob so I couldn't get the VX from pat myself... :( So only next month earilest or March den got $$ to get it.. :o

u want to reserve my piece of VX?

i cfm selling it.. but will bench before i sell :D:D

Mythmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i always tot distance between heatpipes would actually meant more heat absorbed, since more "wires" to hold the heat. Well, i cant say much with/out experience.

So. the longer the distance, the worse temp will get. gotcha :)

i guess the reason for the loose screws are meant to let the front screws when making contact with the cpu. so to have at least some gap not to have a high pressure mounted on the board/cpu/backplate together.

The idea of heatpipes is to transfer the heat to the fins. Naturally, the shorter the heatpipe, the faster it would reach the fins, where the fan is blowing at.

Yeah true I guess.. But his this anomaly really abit stunning... :o

Oh man... Really sad la. You should have gotten the VX instead. Bro Pat had some leftover.

Now is wait for bro Ionicle (and perhaps some others?) to post his comparison temps with the VX lo..

I still don't think the VX beats the Mega lol.

as usual myth is dammed fast... me still rushing homework for tomorrow and got tons of tuition to prep for later T.T

You want u can let me bench de =D

gtwace

Banned
Reaction score
I think the problem is the D14 comes with 140mm fan in the center, but the review is done with 120mm fan in the center, this increase the distance the heat have to travel to reach the air cooled fins on the d14, it is better to do a test of the d14 with its stock fans since noctua fans are specially designed.

pa9797

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still using U12P. Once you accustom to the colour you will like the hsf

Mythmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is the D14 comes with 140mm fan in the center, but the review is done with 120mm fan in the center, this increase the distance the heat have to travel to reach the air cooled fins on the d14, it is better to do a test of the d14 with its stock fans since noctua fans are specially designed.

I don't have to do it. Someone had already tested the 2x stock fans = Mega with 1x sflex G...

longsiew

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice effort ;)

But for those wanna get Venomous X.....................

If u have TRUE, stick to TRUE. If u have Mega, stick to Mega

For those dun have any 3rd party cooler, then go for Venomous X

Hopefully I was wrong:(

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the temp shown is the cpu temp, not the core right? otherwise shld see 4 diff temps?

i had a slight improvement from noctua 12p to mega too.

Mythmaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I hit a winner.

I swapped the middle fan from a Sflex G to a P14 and temps are reduced. D14 is now on par with Megahalem...

Overhauled first post!

hpv500

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think I hit a winner.

I swapped the middle fan from a Sflex G to a P14 and temps are reduced. D14 is now on par with Megahalem...

Overhauled first post!

impressive...nice temps :D

hpv500

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still not performing up to standard though... afterall, it's *supposed* to be 4-5 degree lower than Megahalem lol.

same here...replaced my U12P SE2+MX2 with D14+noctua thermal paste...drop 1-2degrees oni...and not constant :(

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think i should finally open up the VX tonight and see how..

need to grab 3 bottles of coke on my way home too T.T

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same here...replaced my U12P SE2+MX2 with D14+noctua thermal paste...drop 1-2degrees oni...and not constant :(

aiyo only drop 1-2degs
like that like no diff
you planning to sell the U12P SE2?
me maybe interested.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.