Wireless IP Camera thread

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all, a recent firmware upgrade T7838WIP has cause it to stop recording upon motion.. may i know what would be the settings i need to take care of ?

Fixing in progress, also affecting C series. The techs @ marix r fuming over the r&d team.

Felixthecat

Reaction score
Sorry I have a stupid question. Do most of you leave the Ip cam on 24/7? which means leaving the modem and router on 24/7 too? or do you turn on only as and when required?

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry I have a stupid question. Do most of you leave the Ip cam on 24/7? which means leaving the modem and router on 24/7 too? or do you turn on only as and when required?

24/7 for me. 20 cameras all on for whole day, every day. Some of my older cameras have died as a result.

mdhazrin

Reaction score
Hi All...

What wireless ip camera would you suggest for baby monitoring ? Preferably with two-way mic and speaker.

Thanks

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All...

What wireless ip camera would you suggest for baby monitoring ? Preferably with two-way mic and speaker.

Thanks

Many of the brands share a common OEM, so end of the day, it is more of your comfort in terms of price point, features and functionalities and support.

Dlink, Sineoji, Trendnet, Samsung, Edimax, Panasonic, VStarCam, Foscam etc. are all brands with models that may suit you. Things you should ask yourself are:

a) Fixed vs pan-and-tilt
b) Infra-red capable
c) Wireless vs wired
d) Record to NAS vs record to SD card
e) Digital vs optical zoom
f) 2-way vs 1-way audio (built in mic/spreaker vs external mic/speaker)
g) Other extras. For example, Dlink baby monitor model can read temperature in the room, play soothing music etc.

mdhazrin

Reaction score
Many of the brands share a common OEM, so end of the day, it is more of your comfort in terms of price point, features and functionalities and support.

Dlink, Sineoji, Trendnet, Samsung, Edimax, Panasonic, VStarCam, Foscam etc. are all brands with models that may suit you. Things you should ask yourself are:

a) Fixed vs pan-and-tilt
b) Infra-red capable
c) Wireless vs wired
d) Record to NAS vs record to SD card
e) Digital vs optical zoom
f) 2-way vs 1-way audio (built in mic/spreaker vs external mic/speaker)
g) Other extras. For example, Dlink baby monitor model can read temperature in the room, play soothing music etc.

Thanks for your reply

Looking for these specs.
a) Able to pan-and-tilt
b) Infra-red capable? Night mode you mean?
c) Wireless
d) Record to NAS
e) Digital vs optical zoom... Either can
f) 2-way audio (built in mic/speaker)

All can work with fiber connection?

tohdj

Reaction score
2Wire 2701HGV-E and DCS-5222LB1

I have been trying to get the DCS-5222LB1 to work with the router wirelessly.

It works when using the LAN cable, and I used the browser to access the camera and did the setup for the Wireless Network. But when I go into the router's webpage, there was no record of the camera being connected to the router wirelessly.

However, when I use it on my Asus RT-56U router, it works.

Anybody can advise on how to get them to work together wirelessly? My worse case scenario is to ditch Singnet and probably move to M1.

doran_lum

Reaction score
Fixing in progress, also affecting C series. The techs @ marix r fuming over the r&d team.

Hi geckoSG, any news ? it's been a few weeks and my IP camera is pretty much useless now.... i can use schedule as a workaround but it's tedious to review the playback video ....

khee

Reaction score
Anyone tested using the DCS-5222L to do simultaneous view of it on 2 ipads with local recording on the SD card? Any lag when we multi task it?
where to buy cheaper now? I see that most shop in Sim lim sq selling at the standard retail price liao... no more comex pricing.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi geckoSG, any news ? it's been a few weeks and my IP camera is pretty much useless now.... i can use schedule as a workaround but it's tedious to review the playback video ....

You can try to re-flash the firmware and set the motion detection to 1 (most sensitive). On my end, after re-flashing, it works to overwrite the previous recordings when full

You can try it.

divinepotato

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a reliable IP camera for maid surveillance? My needs are:

1) 720p
2) Pan and tilt
3) Infra-red
4) Continuous recording to SD card
5) Accessible from android phone
6) Budget $200 per cam

Looking to install multiple cams around the house for 24/7 use. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a reliable IP camera for maid surveillance? My needs are:

1) 720p
2) Pan and tilt
3) Infra-red
6) Budget $200 per cam

Looking to install multiple cams around the house for 24/7 use. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

All of Vstarcam falls below your budget range. Have everything u r looking for. Easy to DIY also

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score

1) 720p
2) Pan and tilt
3) Infra-red
6) Budget $200 per cam

try the Samsung SNH-P6410BN

first bought it at $249 from Challenger, now find it at

Samsung SmartCam SNH-P6410BN – The Consigliere

for $10 lesser. I find it offers a lot of features at this price point...no need PTZ...it's wide angle alone beats all.

Samsung SNH-P6410BN Function Video - YouTube

penyekz

Reaction score
try the Samsung SNH-P6410BN

first bought it at $249 from Challenger, now find it at

Samsung SmartCam SNH-P6410BN – The Consigliere

for $10 lesser. I find it offers a lot of features at this price point...no need PTZ...it's wide angle alone beats all.

Samsung SNH-P6410BN Function Video - YouTube

I have this cam. Very good quality - 1080p. Much better than foscam/edimax cams I had in the past.

I think now got promo free 32gb SD card as well. I got from Harvey norman.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.