HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #1996

will be great you can share here a typical set up with quote so that other bro interested can benefit too.
Typical for one point is $100-$150 excluding material cost. $100 will be typical small shop < 1000 sqft. If multistory, it can be up to $150. If you need better pricing, it will depend on requirements and you need to write in.

Slurpy, hope this satisfies your queries. If you need more information please write in.
Fuzzywuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:02 PM   #1997

Hi guys, I'm looking for a easy to use IP camera with an android app to monitor my parents at home. I saw Synology website but it seem they are into those surveillance solutions with hdd etc. I do not require recording so am looking at Dlink so far. Is that something Mrixsales carry?
Hi,
You may want to consider EasyN.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #1998

Hi guys,
Can I know do we need to use CL10 microsd card or just a CL4 card will do ?
thanks.
For up to 1M pixels on EasyN products, class 4 is good enough.
Old 04-03-2014, 11:55 PM   #1999
PAP

Hi all,

It seems that my existing DLink DIR-655 router has problem supporting all 7 of my cameras (mixture of DLink DCS-942L and DCS-5230L). It keeps crashing.

Anyone have any recommendation for a good wireless router for this purpose. Of course it must still be able to handle the laptop, mobile phone etc traffic.

I am considering the ASUS RT-AC66U or AC68U. Not sure they'll do the job.

Will be happy to hear any advice

Thanks!
PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #2000
Master Member

To give you a quote, I need more details such as camera locations, power point locations and router locations. I suggest you write in. Email: michelle@easynsg.com
Lolz... cfm Fuzzywuz work for easyn liao. Lolz
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #2001
Master Member

Hi all,

It seems that my existing DLink DIR-655 router has problem supporting all 7 of my cameras (mixture of DLink DCS-942L and DCS-5230L). It keeps crashing.

Anyone have any recommendation for a good wireless router for this purpose. Of course it must still be able to handle the laptop, mobile phone etc traffic.

Thanks!
My AC66U still strong on 8 cams (wired n wireless)
Old 05-03-2014, 08:23 AM   #2002
Master Member

Otake1982, depends what you need. Just ring these pple to help U. See if they got anything u want or not
Old 05-03-2014, 10:12 AM   #2003

Sineoji PT315V camera

gd morn guys,
sorry that i have to ask this noob question abt this Sineoji ip camera tat i bought. hopefully tis is the right place for me to post, if not, pls let me know, i will remove it.

recently juz bought tis sineoji pt315v model and install it. download the andorid apps too. so after all my setup and using the phone apps and press start recording. so my question is if i am going out or away from the house, how do i ensure the camera is still recording? i tried closing the apps and go in again, it doesnot record. is tis normal? or do i have to on my PC while i am away?
i also find tat in my IE camera interface on the PC, i could not press the record button too... anything missing?

hopefully some bros here can enlighten me.
many thanks in advance.
jphua1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:46 PM   #2004
Master Member

Hi all,

Thanks!
The DIR-655 is a good workhorse and has supported quite a few cameras for me. Perhaps it is crashing because of its age. What firmware are you using?

I'm using RT-AC66 for my cameras, and I have over 20 cameras of different brands (Aztech, Dlink, Foscam, Linksys, Edimax, Sineoji, Panasonic, Trendnet, TP-Link, SMC, VStarcam, and OEM brands). The AC68 should also support this.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:51 PM   #2005

gd morn guys,
sorry that i have to ask this noob question abt this Sineoji ip camera tat i bought. hopefully tis is the right place for me to post, if not, pls let me know, i will remove it.

recently juz bought tis sineoji pt315v model and install it. download the andorid apps too. so after all my setup and using the phone apps and press start recording. so my question is if i am going out or away from the house, how do i ensure the camera is still recording? i tried closing the apps and go in again, it doesnot record. is tis normal? or do i have to on my PC while i am away?
i also find tat in my IE camera interface on the PC, i could not press the record button too... anything missing?

hopefully some bros here can enlighten me.
many thanks in advance.
Hi if you wish to record the best way is to save to the sd card if the camera has this feature. Otherwise save it to pc at home. Phone recording away from home will be expensive.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:31 AM   #2006
Master Member

Sineoji ip cam shld not need u to press recording manually. If microsd card is insert n ur schedule is set. It shld record automatically. If not, its a bug i would say from my understanding of wanscam's interface
Old 06-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #2007

Hi guys, I'm looking for a easy to use IP camera with an android app to monitor my parents at home. I saw Synology website but it seem they are into those surveillance solutions with hdd etc. I do not require recording so am looking at Dlink so far. Is that something Mrixsales carry?
For value-for-money and extremely easy set-up, I highly rec the Sineoji PT324IP - my 3rd ip cam after TPLink and DLink5222L. Got it for only $59 at IT Show (i think normal price is $79) - comes with Pan-Zoom and Night mode! Extremely easy to set up - no need DDNS and no need PC even to get it working! Just connect to router and then download the app - takes only 5 mins!

In one way, it's even better than my DLink (which cost me > $200) bec you can use presets on the app unlike DLink which requires PC for presets.

This is the low-end model with 480p resol only (sufficient for mobiles) and no msd slot. There are higher models if you need those features.
surefire888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:10 PM   #2008
Master Member

Which shop can get Sineoji IP cam at a good price? I recently bought Dlink 5020 and am disappointed with its speed and quality. Wireless antenna seems a hit and miss. Even my 3-yr old Aztech 4120 performed much better.
purpleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 10:12 PM   #2009

Which shop can get Sineoji IP cam at a good price? I recently bought Dlink 5020 and am disappointed with its speed and quality. Wireless antenna seems a hit and miss. Even my 3-yr old Aztech 4120 performed much better.
I bgt my pt324ip at the recent IT Show for only $59. I just checked Challenger and they were selling at $149 i think! Maybe if you are not in a hurry, wait for the next pc show in June. There's another Sineoji model that seems to have identical specs selling at $79 at Challenger - only the design looks different. Can be quite confusing bec they have so many models

My Dlink had higher resol (720p) but now and then it stops working for no reason and i need to reboot it by switching the power on and off - quite a hassle.

Edit: Bear in mind that mine is the low-end model and would be more suitable for those who do not need advanced features. For eg, there is no periodic emailing of picture captures although there IS for alarm notification (ie motion detection)

Last edited by surefire888; 06-03-2014 at 10:15 PM..
surefire888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:07 AM   #2010

I bgt my pt324ip at the recent IT Show for only $59. I just checked Challenger and they were selling at $149 i think! Maybe if you are not in a hurry, wait for the next pc show in June. There's another Sineoji model that seems to have identical specs selling at $79 at Challenger - only the design looks different. Can be quite confusing bec they have so many models

My Dlink had higher resol (720p) but now and then it stops working for no reason and i need to reboot it by switching the power on and off - quite a hassle.

Edit: Bear in mind that mine is the low-end model and would be more suitable for those who do not need advanced features. For eg, there is no periodic emailing of picture captures although there IS for alarm notification (ie motion detection)
Hi

I got the PT331V model at the recent IT Show, I tried to change the local recording path but was unable to change it after submit.
The default path is C:\, but it doesn't seem to be able to record to C drive.
Recording to SD card was no issue, however the playback function is not friendly at all.
The play and stop buttons doesn't seem to work. I had to double click on the filename to start playing the clip.
Once it starts playing I cannot pause or use any of the button below the clip.

The motion detect has high sensitivity even though I set to level 10.
Screenshots take place even when it seems there is slight change of sunlight in the room.

Does anyone have such issues?
teogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.