HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2014, 06:32 AM   #2011
dao

For value-for-money and extremely easy set-up, I highly rec the Sineoji PT324IP - my 3rd ip cam after TPLink and DLink5222L. Got it for only $59 at IT Show (i think normal price is $79) - comes with Pan-Zoom and Night mode! Extremely easy to set up - no need DDNS and no need PC even to get it working! Just connect to router and then download the app - takes only 5 mins!

In one way, it's even better than my DLink (which cost me > $200) bec you can use presets on the app unlike DLink which requires PC for presets.

This is the low-end model with 480p resol only (sufficient for mobiles) and no msd slot. There are higher models if you need those features.
does it comes with a long power cable that can reach the ceiling of normal HDB flat?
dao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #2012

Hi

I got the PT331V model at the recent IT Show, I tried to change the local recording path but was unable to change it after submit.
The default path is C:\, but it doesn't seem to be able to record to C drive.
Recording to SD card was no issue, however the playback function is not friendly at all.
The play and stop buttons doesn't seem to work. I had to double click on the filename to start playing the clip.
Once it starts playing I cannot pause or use any of the button below the clip.

The motion detect has high sensitivity even though I set to level 10.
Screenshots take place even when it seems there is slight change of sunlight in the room.

Does anyone have such issues?
IMO, for recording, it's better to use msd card because you can just let it recycle the memory when it runs out of space. Also, you will not need to leave your PC on or worry about wear and tear on your hard drive

As for motion detection, i gave up on this after trying on my earlier cams. Like u, I find that it is impossible to set the right sensitivity level. Even a slight movement in the curtains or a change in brightness triggers the recording/alarm. I had a shock when i received several hundred emails in 1 day because of "motion" - after that, I just turned it off. Maybe there are other brand cams that have better motion detection but i have not done any research on this as it is not critical for me
surefire888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:23 PM   #2013

does it comes with a long power cable that can reach the ceiling of normal HDB flat?
unfortunately, no. it's prob only ard 2 metres long

there are 2 ways around it - 1. cut the original wire and then re-patch it with another longer wire or 2. run an electrical extension wire from the power point up the wall

good thing is, it comes with a holder so that you can attach to the wall or ceiling
Old 07-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #2014

unfortunately, no. it's prob only ard 2 metres long

there are 2 ways around it - 1. cut the original wire and then re-patch it with another longer wire or 2. run an electrical extension wire from the power point up the wall

good thing is, it comes with a holder so that you can attach to the wall or ceiling
About the electrical extension wire, do you mean place another 240V AC power point near the ceiling? This method will be more expensive because you need the electrician to do the job.
Fuzzywuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #2015

About the electrical extension wire, do you mean place another 240V AC power point near the ceiling? This method will be more expensive because you need the electrician to do the job.
Extending the wire by cutting and joining back with more wire sometimes will not work because of voltage drop issues. You need understanding on wire resistance to do this.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:53 PM   #2016
Master Member

U can go visit marix with ur cam. They sell 3metre power ext cables. Most China made IP cameras using same head. No harm visiting n trying out n see if rheir cables can work for u or not. No need to cut cables etc
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:38 AM   #2017

Yes but u can just extend from the nearest existing power point. Not difficult if u can handle a drill. Just buy the trunking from a hardware shop and follow the skirting where possible.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:41 AM   #2018

Extending the wire by cutting and joining back with more wire sometimes will not work because of voltage drop issues. You need understanding on wire resistance to do this.
I really doubt that a couple of metres of wire will create any significant voltage drop
Old 08-03-2014, 08:23 AM   #2019
Master Member

Surefire888, for electrical wall socket extension, you shldn't have much problem DIY.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:05 AM   #2020

I really doubt that a couple of metres of wire will create any significant voltage drop
It depends on the DC resistance of the wire. AWG18 at 6 meters is fine.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:09 AM   #2021

Yes but u can just extend from the nearest existing power point. Not difficult if u can handle a drill. Just buy the trunking from a hardware shop and follow the skirting where possible.
It's difficult if you don't want trunking and with the wire running in the false ceiling.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #2022

It's difficult if you don't want trunking and with the wire running in the false ceiling.
difficult for SOME people
Old 08-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #2023

It depends on the DC resistance of the wire. AWG18 at 6 meters is fine.
of course!
Old 08-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #2024
Master Member

of course!
Chill bro...
Old 10-03-2014, 01:46 AM   #2025

of course!
Just want to make sure our bros here will not be carried away with wire extensions as there are limitations. If you dont know what AWG means you can google it or PM me. I'm a technical person. Not so easily offended.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.