Wireless IP Camera thread

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
tat means its not their product. more like oem for others already. i saw their no antenna version of it. looks big though on the base

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
i saw also, according to MARIX, someone from lazada posted on their behalf but they (MARIX) did not approved the setup yet. but i saw a christmas promo going on. pricing lower than parallel importers.

Oh my. Gotta admit that the price is really attractive.. Alittle misleading if its being post on behalf of marix means no warranty.

Wireless camera but have to plug power.. Dont know when will things really become wireless

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
I already have their mini-dome IP/POE cameras and NVR and plan to get the their wireless IP cameras - either 3MP or 1.3MP POE:

- 3MP DS-2CD2432F-I (W)
- 1.3MP DS-2CD2412F-I (W)

Youtube and google would show some reviews - thought they are pretty decent.

The 3MP version seems to be selling under several other brands, including Panda, Orange Sources (listed on Amazon), Roline (Netherlands), IPS-Wireless32, LTS (LT Security Inc), ARCVision, Marchen (even the same model number is used), Videoteknika etc.

Seems that there is a common OEM for the 3MP model. What I like is the FullHD resolution. Personally though, I prefer PTZ cameras.

Last edited:

yoyo_girl

Reaction score
I need recommendation:
-Install via APP (iPhone)
-Wireless
-Home Use
-PTZ
-HD
-2 Way voice communication
-Budget: estimated less than SGD250

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Oh my. Gotta admit that the price is really attractive.. Alittle misleading if its being post on behalf of marix means no warranty.

Wireless camera but have to plug power.. Dont know when will things really become wireless

Yes, seems that MARIX's down priced all their products for Christmas, I just placed order for the Alarm series 2 sets since they got new firmware that will remove the SIREN from camera and gives notification only. Heard also that PIR built-in model also will have same sort of update. Now just have to wait for the release before I buy. Replacing all my cameras since i sold my current T series to my neighbors.

Very hard. Physicals... Unless you can break through that. Battery operated? Lifespan issue on availability. Now I wait for MARIX's test on the 16000mAh battery pack from xiaomi. :s22:

Gribber

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, seems that MARIX's down priced all their products for Christmas, I just placed order for the Alarm series 2 sets since they got new firmware that will remove the SIREN from camera and gives notification only. Heard also that PIR built-in model also will have same sort of update. Now just have to wait for the release before I buy. Replacing all my cameras since i sold my current T series to my neighbors.

Very hard. Physicals... Unless you can break through that. Battery operated? Lifespan issue on availability. Now I wait for MARIX's test on the 16000mAh battery pack from xiaomi. :s22:

woah, what is the thing about 16000mAh from Xiaomi and Marix?

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
interesting. with 16000mAh i fairly doubt it could really last :(

True, the last test they did, on their blogspot, they tested up to the 10400mAh (xiaomi) & have average results of around 11 hours? Tat's why I prefer buying things from them, they do tests on products compatibility, etc.

Discerning

Reaction score
The 3MP version seems to be selling under several other brands, including Panda, Orange Sources (listed on Amazon), Roline (Netherlands), IPS-Wireless32, LTS (LT Security Inc), ARCVision, Marchen (even the same model number is used), Videoteknika etc.

Seems that there is a common OEM for the 3MP model. What I like is the FullHD resolution. Personally though, I prefer PTZ cameras.

What I learnt: Hikvision is one of the very large cctv manufacturers , their route to market is via system integrator (who has OEM options) hence we don't see them on the shelves. Their PTZ offerings are top of the line for commercial use (but it is cheap enough for those who want to use it for their home etc, relative to other big names big PTZs).

Their ezviz cloud platform and offerings are more for the general plug-play consumer segment and I noticed there is a PTZ offering as well but they all look mickey mouse like - but that goes to all others I see in Funan.

PS. I am just impressed by the build quality and the 3MP Full HP POE mini-turrets I bought, that I am exploring their consumer platforms esp the wireless IP ones where I can go without the NVR for short recordings.

Last edited:

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
I suppose unless Hikvision has a local retailer or distributor, we would be able to see more users. I for one would like to try one, but I don't like to order things on line.

Except for my Apple iMac 5K :D

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
I think now pretty hard for anyone to distribute any china brands decently in SG. U start building brand, u will see some ah tiong come out n spoil price.

compuser

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Is there any camera which can automatically take picture and email upon motion sensor?

Need those easy set up like prolink, dlink etc

compuser

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Another question.

I rent a office room with free wifi.

I only have the user id and the wifi password.

Suppose i set up the camera in my room.
Can the landlord or other people link and view from my camera?

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Another question.

I rent a office room with free wifi.

I only have the user id and the wifi password.

Suppose i set up the camera in my room.
Can the landlord or other people link and view from my camera?

For the camera, you can set the userid and password, which would prevent others from accessing the view of your camera.

However, if you have no access to the router, then you would need to use cameras that provide you with cloud services rather than set it up with the traditional portforwarding method. The latter requires you to have admin access to the router, and if you don't, you won't be able to view with the camera when you are outside the network.

compuser

Master Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
With cloud service also need to connect to router at least once for set up right?

Actually i don't even have access to router.

i see the only one that seem to able to set up without touching the router is the prolink one with "smart wifi"

Refer to 00:30

Are their other models with this same smart wifi or any models that can set up without touching router?

Last edited:

pilotsnoopy

Reaction score
With cloud service also need to connect to router at least once for set up right?

Actually i don't even have access to router.

i see the only one that seem to able to set up without touching the router is the prolink one with "smart wifi"

Refer to 00:30

Are their other models with this same smart wifi or any models that can set up without touching router?

Samsung also no need access to router except wifi.

unless you want to have more than 1 camera then the samsung is easy to set up

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.