HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #2056

Hi guys i working on an school project and would have to mount a IP Camera on it, so that i would be able to see what the camera have seen on my PC live.

Can anyone recommend a cheap camera where i would still be able to see in dark areas? The project i will be working on will be a Search and Rescue robot. Thus the robot will definitely be going into dark areas.

Second question, will the wireless be difficult to set up? Especially since i have no experience in this area.

Thanks!
Hakkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #2057

Hi guys i working on an school project and would have to mount a IP Camera on it, so that i would be able to see what the camera have seen on my PC live.

Can anyone recommend a cheap camera where i would still be able to see in dark areas? The project i will be working on will be a Search and Rescue robot. Thus the robot will definitely be going into dark areas.

Second question, will the wireless be difficult to set up? Especially since i have no experience in this area.

Thanks!
Do contact MARIX @ 65623390, we can assist you on your project with sponsorship of our cameras
geckoSG likes this.

Last edited by marixsales; 11-03-2014 at 08:16 PM..
marixsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 06:19 PM   #2058

G- In Florida.

How to focus 7833:

http://www.vstarcam.com/bbs/forum.ph...R8MTM4M3w2OTgx
Hi,

This guide is for the T7833WIPX3 just to clarify
Old 11-03-2014, 06:24 PM   #2059

This is from the mod of the Vstarcam BBS:
"In order to meet the market demand,Enhancement of product diversification,

Increase Product Model:

T7833WI/WIP (Non variable times)

T7833WI-X3/WIP-X3(Variable times)

The main difference:

Camera lens.:A focal length of 4.2mm/ visual angle of 49.13 ˚ HD lens, for the focusing lens is not adjustable..."
They have put up new specs for all their cameras and the T7833 does not contain a variable lense. It is a fixed 4.2mm. This means they have been advertising falsely that it had the 4 to 9.
Specs: VStarcam Specification - The Latest - vstarcam - Powered by Discuz!
johnboatcat,

Just to clarify on the T7833WIP saga. Initially factory just produced the 3X zoom model. Which was known as T7833WIP back then. Then, they came out with the Non-zoom variant and decided to rename T7833WIPX3 for zoom and uses T7833WIP for non-zoom. This have caused a lot of confusing for buyers and agents all around the world (as usual)

Hence, many couldn't update their sites or posts on time and resulted in this confusion and misleading of information.

As for the lens on the non-zoom variant, we need to confirm with the factory if it is still 4.2mm as published or the 3.6mm as standard. The last we received are 3.6mm lens.

MARIX Sales Team
Old 11-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #2060
Master Member

G- Have you used the EYE4 Client Management? Can you add more then one camera? On the EYE4 Android I have both cameras but not on Client. Old Client Management no problem.
I can leh... the Eye4 client. Version 1.3.0.1, I just tried removing and adding back, can leh.

I still prefer the older client and APPs, more controls and faster in connection.
Old 11-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #2061
Master Member

This have caused a lot of confusing for buyers and agents all around the world (as usual)
Its not confusing. Its darn messy...
Old 11-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #2062
Master Member

Wtfh4x... pull a wire to each diff level bah.
Many way can be done but can you explain your current setup of your network?
What the hack. You can drop a CAT 6E from the higher floor through the kitchen window. Hope it helps.
Thanks guys. Never mind I just bought homeplugs. Initially I thought wouldn't work cos its on different floors but it works perfectly.
wtfh4x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #2063

Thanks!
Hakkaa, may I know what you are trying to rescue? Any chance of explosion caused by gas or fuel leakages? If not you can PM me.
Fuzzywuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:01 PM   #2064

Thanks guys. Never mind I just bought homeplugs. Initially I thought wouldn't work cos its on different floors but it works perfectly.
Can you share with us the type of home plug you bought?
Old 11-03-2014, 11:04 PM   #2065

MARIX Sales Team that is very nice of you to help and sponsor his cameras for his project. Thumbs up! Also, thank you for the clarification. Vstar is really hurting themselves with this type of confusion and their support. When you look at their BBS posts that do not have an answer it is the majority. Also a large number of deleted posts. I agree with G- that it is smart for your local customers to purchase from you because of the support. Customers need to realize that all technology is not the same and home monitoring cameras are not easy like a television. Most people will need some after the sale support and you do not get much from the manufacturer. Customers you will have to depend on your seller.
marixsales likes this.
johnboatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #2066

G- Are you saying yes you could add a camera, or no you could not? Thanks! Also what operating system and version of IE Browser do you use?
Old 11-03-2014, 11:42 PM   #2067

When I ask a question on Vstar BBS that they don't seem to like because there is probably no positive answer this is what I get:

"Sorry﹐Specified topic does not exist or has been removed or are being audits"

3 out of my 4 questions get this and the 4th is unanswered.

I guess that keeps their bosses from seeing that they have problems. Hey, let's just erase the hard questions that point to the fact our software does not work well and when it does it is on outdated computer platforms!
Old 11-03-2014, 11:59 PM   #2068

When I ask a question on Vstar BBS that they don't seem to like because there is probably no positive answer this is what I get:

I guess that keeps their bosses from seeing that they have problems. Hey, let's just erase the hard questions that point to the fact our software does not work well and when it does it is on outdated computer platforms!
Boatman,
You really need to try EasyN. I really like your frankness.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #2069
Master Member

G- Are you saying yes you could add a camera, or no you could not? Thanks! Also what operating system and version of IE Browser do you use?
Bro, if I am using the Eye4 Client for Windows, yes, I can add. If you are talking about the IE11 Eye4 (Web) then it cannot work. There is a java script error on the page which creates a blank page top / blank white bottom.

If on IE 10, no problem using the APP on WEB

FYI, I just submitted the error to MARIX Support, they will forward to the internal support/R&D team

Last edited by geckoSG; 12-03-2014 at 02:23 PM..
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 02:18 PM   #2070
Master Member

Forget about their BBS. Its a crap forum managed by their team. Information posted are not helpful at all. Some people feel that MARIX charges too high for the cameras. In fact, if you look at the time they spent to check on EACH model of the cameras before bringing it in to sell on the market, you know they are worth the price you are paying for.

But, that's just me.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.