HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2014, 06:27 PM   #2191

Hi All, wanted to read about this IP camera as i need one but it is 140+ pages.

I just need an IP camera that can do recording on my NAS (synology) or any memory card, allow real time viewing from anywhere using my android and has tracking motion, with acceptable (no need HD) video quality in dim light and something doesnt looks like camera (doesnt want the maid to feel intimidated)

Planning to put this in my living room to see my boy and maid. Appreciate if somebody expert can recommend few option. Budget is anything below $200, of course if there is anything that can serve the above purpose in cheaper price, will appreciate it.

Thanks
You can try EasyN H3-187V or H3-137V. I bougth mine from Easyn Singapore and used this for almost 1 year already.
Fuzzywuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:31 PM   #2192

Anyone using Vstarcam T6835WIP? Can try hitting http://<ipcam ip>:81/videostream.cgi?
medscy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:59 PM   #2193
Master Member

You can try EasyN H3-187V or H3-137V. I bougth mine from Easyn Singapore and used this for almost 1 year already.
Yes, otherwise, can try Fuzzywuz's easyN.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #2194
Master Member

Anyone using Vstarcam T6835WIP? Can try hitting http://<ipcam ip>:81/videostream.cgi?
Maybe you can try

/videostream.cgi?username=admin&userpwd=888888 behind?

Not sure if this will work, saw this off a forum elsewhere for another camera.

But I do not think it is possible for VStarcam although /videostream.cgi is used on the IP Camera Viewer's Generic JPEG pathing.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #2195
Master Member

But some of these china sets are good... and cheap until they close down.
That's why they close down...
Old 10-04-2014, 10:10 PM   #2196
Master Member

Interesting thought. I but prefer to think of it this way. If company pays me well, then I'll do lots of things for them. Otherwise, pay peanuts and get peanuts. It's about Chicken and Egg.
I can see that you are working very hard here. Must be very highly paid.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:20 PM   #2197

Thanks Geckosg... was trying to confirm if the vstarcam model Can mimic foscam cgi pathing... tried to enquire at one of the sls shops... but apparently the staff knows nuts about this... keep psychoing me yo use the proprietary program...
medscy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:25 AM   #2198

The lasting you want is to believe the sls salesmen.. Do google and join forums' discussion. The only time you show up at sls is to ask price!
user109s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:17 AM   #2199
Master Member

The lasting you want is to believe the sls salesmen.. Do google and join forums' discussion. The only time you show up at sls is to ask price!
Fully agree. Tats why I buy from marix for vstarcam. Even if they charged more. Tats because they really test their cameras n know better than sim lim square just sell only shops.
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 08:18 AM   #2200
Master Member

Thanks Geckosg... was trying to confirm if the vstarcam model Can mimic foscam cgi pathing... tried to enquire at one of the sls shops... but apparently the staff knows nuts about this... keep psychoing me yo use the proprietary program...
It only works on ip cam viewer pro. But unfortunately none of the factories r keen on these anymore since there is pnp. But better as well, ease of use
Old 11-04-2014, 11:29 PM   #2201

I can see that you are working very hard here. Must be very highly paid.

Not as highly paid as you. You are working double hard.
Fuzzywuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #2202
Master Member

Got my hands on IPS_Eye01, 2Mpixel camera with onvif support. Camera uses the P2PCam264 n works wif Vstarcam H app except for some inverted commands.

Setup: Not plug n play. The camera requires you to setup using their finder tool with static ip. Wifi setup is also a hassle. All must be done using webUI.

Sharpness of camera is good. Have 2 dif streaming, but mobile app loses in functionality over Vscam App which is propietary. I also noticed some lost in connectivity with the camera once a while which I can connect over lan but not over 3G.

No audio recording as well. Doesn't record to network path. Cam is heavy in weight compared to T7838WIP. PAN/TILT angle loses out to Vstarcam.

Conclusion:

Good high resolution
Poor PnP concept
Slow & limited pan/tilt function
WebUI could b better
Mobile App lacks functionality
Very soft audio
Old 12-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #2203
Master Member

IPS-Eye02 is a 1megapixel camera. Uses P2PCam264.
Uses similar shell as foscam FI8910W. Same as IPS-Eye01, not PnP friendly.

But, it supports network path saving. Tats the plus point for this camera.

Other features is similar to Eye02 less the diff in resolution.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:29 PM   #2204

As long as port forwarding in router is done up. Why not? I've done similar usin asus' ddns which is free. Portward to my other devices.
I am not sure how to do it...

Anyway, now using no-ip which is free also... Thanks!
Old 13-04-2014, 07:31 AM   #2205
Master Member

Hello. I am thinking of getting three wireless ip cameras, 1 for the living room and 2 for the rooms. The main purpose is to monitor the maid and the babies. Probably going to hook up to the NAS in the house for recording. Is there any recommendations? Seems like there are some "hardcore supporters" of EasyN and I see vstarcam being mentioned a fair bit. Unfortunately, these are not supported by the Synology NAS. I will most likely go with Dlink. Is there any installation service provider? My concern is the power cord and thinking how these cameras will tap on the power supply.
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.