Wireless IP Camera thread

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Bravo! :s13: Please share your review bro!
Does it have night vision? Is it noisy when moving around?
And yes, how much?

Night vision wise, specs says white led. So its just a "torchlight".

If they use the new IR LED that doesnt light up would be good sia.

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
Appbot Link

Okay. It's lunchtime now, so I try to do a bit of mini review. No photos available yet. WIll try to take some shots when I am free.

FIrst, the Appbot set-up was literally very simple. Being used to the IP forwardwarding plus DDNS set-up, I must admit that I have to look at the one part documentation. The double-sided 1-page documentation is about being an A4 and an A3 sheet size with lots of photos. Unfortunately, there are like 30 odd panels, so each panel is fairly small. I have had cataract surgery before, so it was hard for me to read the instructions (I was also doing it at night when it is not that bright). But I did manage to read enough.

Set-up was literally a Breeze. The 2-side documentation is effectively 1 side only, since 1 side shows iOS set-up and the other Android set-up.

First you download the app. I did it on my Sony Xperia Z5 Premium, so that is from Google Play. After installing, you follow the instructions (switch on the robot, press reset, use your phone to scan for the robot name). Thereafter, you configure the robot to work with your Wifi router. No need to do any portforwarding (or DDNS). Not sure if this utilises those "cloud" type of set-up.

Once configured on the app, you just run the app, choose the name of the robot, key in the password and viola, you can view through the camera of the robot.

I didn't bother with the instructions then. The default password was 1234, and I managed to figure out how to change this from the app.

The app has two controls: one on the left that controls the up and down of the camera, and the other on the right that control move of the robot. There are a few settings control too, such as turning on a white LED, sending the robot back to the base, taking a photo, taking a video, and (this is so fun) uprighting the robot when it overturns. When the robot returns back to its base (for recharging), you can actually swivel the base from the app so that it gives you a panning of the robot/camera.

Here are my personal comments of the robot based on a weekend of playing (my kids love it... They even willing to give up iPad playing to control the robot).

1) Like geckoSG said, the camera is non-infrared. As such, you need to turn on a white LED to light up the view. I would like to see IR camera mounted with IR LED. That way, the robot can be non-intrusive.

2). Non-intrusive only from a visual perspective. The motor movement of the robot is noisy! Sounds like a small hand-drill. My kids was in bed (not sleeping yet) when they heard the sound, and they actually walked out of their bedroom to investigate. Tilting of the camera is however not noisy.

3) Uprighting of the robot doesn't always work. I think it depends on how your robot flips.

4) Return to base command doesn't always work. When you activate this, the base station emit a white light that the robot is suppose to pick up. 9 out of 10 times, it doesn't. Think robot needs a perfect line of sight with the base station from only a certain angle.

5) When docked to its based station, it functions like a pan-and-tilt IP camera. Full 360 degrees panning, and about 120 degrees at least of tilting!

6) Robot has a battery that can last maybe an hour of non-continuous usage. If the battery is Low, the app will indicate this. I tried giving a return to base command to have it charged, but seems it can't do so properly.

The Appbot cost just under $300, and if you are a Challenger member, you get members' discount. My 8 year old son saw it and asked if it s a Mars robot. Don't know how he know about Mars (my first thought was it looks like the Mars Rover)... Maybe it was from an episode of Backyardigans (they have one episode featuring visit to Mars, where Alicia Keys was the guest star).

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
My Wife complained why I didn't get her a photograph scanner (which was why I went to Challenger in the first place), but instead bought myself the Appbot. I told my Wife that the Appbot is to teach our kids about robotics (that's my excuse).

Those of you who are old enough may have heard of an old Apple ][ software called RobotWar. This was by Muse Software, and you are essentially tasked with writing some code to control a robot to destroy other robots in a fight arena. Yes, the robots were called Bottom, Random, Scanner etc. I first learnt programming logic playing that game. Appbot reminds me a lot of that, except that the robot is physically there. If only the company can release some APIs to allow us to program the Appbot... Now that would be awesome.

Oh I also have a second excuse. I told my Wife that our iRobot vacuum cleaner is getting lonely and needs a companion.

Maybe that's why I have to sleep with the kids over the weekend....

Simonking5354

Reaction score
Just gotten a Sineoji PT593V @ online pricing of $165 from Dean this evening. Overall very satisfied with the set-up and the product. Thanks Dean for the fast response and the quality service.

geckoSG

Master Member
Reaction score
Thumbs up boss for the review. Was tempted to get 1 but since motor is loud for movement then i will pass liao.

jcbcorp

Reaction score
any kind souls knows the following for PT497V & PT593V;

1. Does these camera have or support Patrol Mode? If no, is it possible to add this function in future updates?
2. How can I manually set up the camera for remote access via UPNP/ DDNS?
3. Where can I find the user manual of PT497V & PT593V?

txs..

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1. Does these camera have or support Patrol Mode? If no, is it possible to add this function in future updates?

txs..

1. Yes
2. I thought already has cloud version of DDNS, you still need the manual 1?
3. http://www.sineoji.com/support/downloads-details/pt593v-hd-720p

jcbcorp

Reaction score
1. Yes
2. I thought already has cloud version of DDNS, you still need the manual 1?
3. http://www.sineoji.com/support/downloads-details/pt593v-hd-720p

am looking for a more detailed patrol mode e.g a user-defined start/stop position.

preferred a manual setup cos want to use ""tinycam monitor" apps .... anyway, found the way to setup but tinycam does not have sineoji database :(

website does not have the documentation unlike the older models.....

balboa_sg

Suspended
Reaction score

txs..

jcbcorp,

You can download the user manual here, paste the below link on your web browser.

sineoji.com/downloads/User_Manual.pdf

To setup remote access,

Assign a static ip address to the Sineoji PT497 or PT593

Setup the port forwarding in your router with the static ip address that has been assigned.

Make sure you have a ddns account.

Enable the ddns account and log in with the ddns account from your router.

Enter this URL from any web browser :

myddnsaccount.ddns.net:8081

You need not use the above for remote access.

Download the Sineoji Client and install it. You can have remote access from your computer regardless where you are residing.

Note: the default ip address of the sineoji ipcam is 192.168.1.88 or 192.168.1.99

Last edited:

kdramaqueen

Reaction score
Marixsales, do you have other models than PT100C? Also, can the APP have presets instead of swiping the app? Can't find in 2CU.

How big storage can PT100C support?

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
preferred a manual setup cos want to use ""tinycam monitor" apps .... anyway, found the way to setup but tinycam does not have sineoji database :(

The Sineoji model shares a common OEM with a few other Brand’s. You can try one of the Foscam model in Tinycam.

trichard

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using IP Cam Viewer apps ?... who to know the webcam is set to HD in the apps ? I am using PV339.

marixsales

Reaction score
Marixsales, do you have other models than PT100C? Also, can the APP have presets instead of swiping the app? Can't find in 2CU.

How big storage can PT100C support?

Hi, as per phone conversation previously.

Currently PT100C is our mainstream model.

Yes, please download COT PRO, you can preset 5 points instead of swiping.

Storage max is 128GB for our PT100C

oohman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Intending to set up IP Cameras to monitor my hall (my maid and the kids), when we are at work. Could someone recommend some devices and or any read up at this moment ?
Thanks.

mooner

Reaction score
Okay. It's lunchtime now, so I try to do a bit of mini review. No photos available yet. WIll try to take some shots when I am free.

FIrst, the Appbot set-up was literally very simple. ...

The Appbot cost just under $300, and if you are a Challenger member, you get members' discount. My 8 year old son saw it and asked if it s a Mars robot. Don't know how he know about Mars (my first thought was it looks like the Mars Rover)... Maybe it was from an episode of Backyardigans (they have one episode featuring visit to Mars, where Alicia Keys was the guest star).

Excellent review, bro Dr_ARCHer!!!

Like bro geckoSG, think i will pass too till they come up with an infrared cam and quieter motor.

mooner

Reaction score
Just gotten a Sineoji PT593V @ online pricing of $165 from Dean this evening. Overall very satisfied with the set-up and the product. Thanks Dean for the fast response and the quality service.

:( Damn! I paid $199 just 2 days before it went on offer...couldn't wait as i was traveling that weekend, needed to get it fixed before i leave

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.