HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2015, 10:14 PM   #2791
Master Member

Onvif is good if u need longer recording to nvr. Else their T series seems much more stable, the ones I sold to my colleague when I upgrade mine are still well n kicking
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 11:23 AM   #2792
Master Member

Windows wise, you can use the super client from vstarcam. Stability in terms of its connectivity and performance.

C wise, I believe still on the rock, especially the C7823WIP model which was sold online. There are various reports from people that the camera cannot connect over 3G/4G whereas it was only able to work within LAN.

Trying to confirm more from MARIX on this model since they posted coming soon while people are already selling online. Price dropped from $99 to now $90 within a week from parallel importer.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:20 PM   #2793

Looking for a camera to monitor my pet when I’m not at home. I want one that can be controlled remotely – meaning I’m able to adjust the camera angle/tilt/zoom using an app on my phone or computer when I’m not at home.

Was looking at this – DCS-5222L (B1 / B2) - mydlinkTM Cloud Wireless HD PTZ Infrared IP Camera

Any views/feedback on this product? Or any recommendations for better cameras?
Tommorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #2794
Supremacy Member

Anyone try the new cam from XiaoMi?

The First Xiaomi Smart Camera Unboxing Review | Etkchina-The China Mobiles News,Reviews and guide
Sambuca78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2015, 09:47 AM   #2795

Try setting your wireless as wpa2-psk, AES encryption. This normally will work. The last time i saw such issue is the router makes camera use TKIP encryption during setup, then after a while starts changing to AES, when that happens, all my cameras went offline.

Finally after experimenting I found the solution. Gecko anaylsis is almost correct, seems like somehow the router and camera connects using TKIP encryption, so it only works if the router is set to WPA2 TKIP+AES. Prev when set to "AES only" it constantly disconnects. Now it is stable.
molecule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2015, 10:06 AM   #2796
Master Member

So, your camera is set as TKIP? You might see disconnection also. Normally, I set router at AES only, then reset cameras to factory default, then connect the cameras to router using AES, speed of streaming is much smoother than I use TKIP method.
Old 14-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #2797
Master Member

Image is of same clearness as other china brand HD IP cameras on the market. They r not really the designer of this camera. This is a dropcam concept. Pricing if cheap can b considered for those on budget. In china, got so many of these type of camera on the market.
Old 14-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #2798

So, your camera is set as TKIP? You might see disconnection also. Normally, I set router at AES only, then reset cameras to factory default, then connect the cameras to router using AES, speed of streaming is much smoother than I use TKIP method.

I didn't change anything on the ipcam, so it is still WPA2 AES.
Only changed the router setting from WPA2 AES to WPA2 TKIP+AES. Then it works! Dunno why.

Last edited by molecule; 14-02-2015 at 04:47 PM..
molecule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2015, 03:34 PM   #2799

Just to check all Vstarcam no need to setup and ddns correct? It should work like Dlink cloud service?
bjory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2015, 11:16 PM   #2800
Banned

Just to check all Vstarcam no need to setup and ddns correct? It should work like Dlink cloud service?
yes (as long you are able to connect to a device with DHCP and on LAN - for wireless you need to setup the SSID after connecting to LAN) And their cloud service is not as robust as D-Link nor fast.

I will rather be able to setup my own DDNS because loading back to the camera will be instant compared to waiting for their servers to load the footage (relatively slow).

Edit: found a way to insert your own DDNS, Port, and etc like normal IP camera.

Last edited by Gribber; 17-02-2015 at 03:36 PM..
Gribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #2801

I wish to setup ddns and connect directly into my camera to view the video. However as dlink admin web uses java for live video feed, which iphone browser doesn't support. Any way I can do this so I can use web based to view on my iphone?
Old 15-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #2802
Banned

I wish to setup ddns and connect directly into my camera to view the video. However as dlink admin web uses java for live video feed, which iphone browser doesn't support. Any way I can do this so I can use web based to view on my iphone?
wonder why so many people still buy iPhone over Androids with all the restrictions in-placed.

I believe D-Link comes with suitable Apps to playback the camera on their device (live feed).

Here.
https://www.mydlink.com/apps
pilotsnoopy likes this.
Gribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2015, 10:33 AM   #2803
Master Member

Most IP cameras uses ActiveX controls. These include the Aztechs, the dLinks, etc. So unless you are using Internet Explorer or a browser that support ActiveX, chances are you won't be able to use the browser to use the video.

What you need is therefore apps, particularly for those on mobile (iOS or Android). Some cameras come with their own apps. For me, I have a lot of different brands, and I use a 3rd party app. In fact, I use the same 3rd party app for both my iOS devices as well as my Android devices. To me, one of the best 3rd party app is IP Cam Viewer by Robert Chou.
pilotsnoopy likes this.
Old 16-02-2015, 02:03 PM   #2804

Does anyone here have problem using Mydlink Lite on 3G/4G?
I can never seems to be able to connect to view my IP Cam when I'm on 3G/4G. Only via Wifi ok.

Login to the app is fine too.
Old 16-02-2015, 10:22 PM   #2805
Master Member

For some reason, i have a strong feeling that our BIG 3s are blocking these connections as the amount of data is enormous (streaming) over mobile network.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.