HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2015, 10:05 AM   #2896
Supremacy Member

Samsung bah. Dlink ok ok nia. Other china brand i also scared liao
Thank you! Maybe I'll need to walk around SLS again. Sigh.
linxiaobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #2897
Banned

Yes it says 1 year local warranty.

Maybe they are the new distributor for this brand.

I went to visit their shop and saw a range of vstarcam products.

That day when I went down to exchange my camera, they told me they will not do another exchange for me if the problem still persists.

They said that since they have already changed it for me once, the problem shouldn't be on the camera anymore and should be due to some of the devices I'm using. (This doesn't sounds right to me since all other devices are working well with each other and only issue lies with the camera).
Thats why i strongly against people to buy vstarcam.

Lousy camera with issues that couldnt be resolved yet distributor did nothing but pushing the issue back to manufacturer which couldnt render the appropriate fix
tanhuachan likes this.
Gribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2015, 03:07 PM   #2898
Supremacy Member

Thats why i strongly against people to buy vstarcam.

Lousy camera with issues that couldnt be resolved yet distributor did nothing but pushing the issue back to manufacturer which couldnt render the appropriate fix
So, do you have any recommendation for camera with similar specifications?
Old 15-05-2015, 03:14 PM   #2899
Banned

So, do you have any recommendation for camera with similar specifications?
D-link?

Honestly even my $29 tp-link ipcam works flawlessly as compared to the 5x more expensive vstarcam ****
tanhuachan likes this.
Old 16-05-2015, 10:13 AM   #2900
Master Member

Honestly, all distributors task is to market product n follow up on RMA n reflect problems back to manufacturer. How do you expect them to solve problems? Lolz.
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2015, 10:22 AM   #2901
Master Member

For vstarcam only 1 sole distributor in SG, no other resellers. Local warranty is by these shop. If they tell u its ur device. High likely it shows that they know nothing on how the products works. That is why I seriously do not recommend anyone to buy from parallel importers tat are trading firms. They will only try to push fault away from their products instead of working with the client to see if indeed product have a bug. You will rather see a distributor that identifies the problem n reflect to factory. Ultimately its how the factory handle these issues. Of cos, some consumers may also be very demanding in terms of features, so test demos and have a feel before buying. Tats the rule of thumb of buying a product.
Old 16-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #2902
Master Member

Btw, linxiaobei, you can immediately ask for refund. Lemon law applies against them as what they post on qoo10.
Old 16-05-2015, 10:49 AM   #2903
Supremacy Member

Btw, linxiaobei, you can immediately ask for refund. Lemon law applies against them as what they post on qoo10.
Alright. Thanks a lot!

Because they didn't reply to my email.

I'll give them a call before heading down to ask for refund.
Old 16-05-2015, 10:55 AM   #2904
Banned

Honestly, all distributors task is to market product n follow up on RMA n reflect problems back to manufacturer. How do you expect them to solve problems? Lolz.
if that's the case, stick with proper manufacturer. As i have put across.
Old 17-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #2905

All complaining connection issues here. Is this batch related? Is this network related?
How can we tell? Those complaining, please highlight how u use the camera? Please provide information such as distance from router. Network congestion and etc. There are factors that can determine if the system as a whole is stable.
Fuzzywuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2015, 09:47 PM   #2906

Finally, to be safe, buy from the seller with engineering background. IT and EE with wireless will be good. Be sure to get seller guarantee to provide setup and installation support. And most important, after service support.
Old 17-05-2015, 09:50 PM   #2907

On site service support is also important. Google the website and look for support page.
Old 18-05-2015, 09:30 AM   #2908
Supremacy Member

All complaining connection issues here. Is this batch related? Is this network related?
How can we tell? Those complaining, please highlight how u use the camera? Please provide information such as distance from router. Network congestion and etc. There are factors that can determine if the system as a whole is stable.
I have refunded my buy but I don't mind sharing my experience.

I have no idea on what happened to the camera that I have bought. I set it up as per normal, got the stream from the camera to my laptop using the software provided online. There was no CD included inside the package. Only a very simplified user manual asking me to download their software on a website.

It works but after some period of time, the whole camera will go offline as shown by the software. Offline as in not just the connection to my router is down, but it will not even record on its microSD card until I switch off everything and switch it back on before it works for a while.

The distance of the camera from the router is less than 2 metres. Which shouldn't be any issue but apparently this was not the case.

All of my devices connected to the router is working fine and will not disconnect. Just that camera.

The day before I went to ask for a refund, I have to switch off and on the camera for around 20 times or even more. Sometimes the time gap is just less than 5 minutes before the camera went offline.

Luckily those people selling me the camera didn't ask me to connect using LAN cable. Or else I would have retorted back to them saying why will I want to use LAN cable if I bought an wireless device.

I even asked them whether any buyers encountered the same issue. They told me that some encountered the same issue but the issues are solved by upgrading the firmware, fixing a static IP for the camera etc. Which I find it not really believable as it happened to not only 1 camera, it even happened to the one which I went down for an exchange.

I got very afraid of China brands already. I would rather pay slightly more for a better device. Lesson learnt.
Old 19-05-2015, 09:43 PM   #2909

Well my experience with China brand defers from your's. I must say I was somewhat lucky to have some engineering background and I bought my China brand IP camera and fixed it up for almost 3 years. Till today, its still up and running and I never had to reset it.

But I do know some people who may have similar experience like your's. I will always try to experiment and most of the time, I found disconnection problems when there were many wifi channels and the received signal strength of these are quite high at the camera's antenna input.

There may be also the batch related problem. Some are just not stable so you got to swap cameras to try.

Last edited by Fuzzywuz; 19-05-2015 at 09:47 PM..
Old 20-05-2015, 09:53 PM   #2910
Master Member

Most cameras are made in china. If u really wanna buy, make sure you check which company is doing the software part, some companies uses Chinese hardware but they revamp the firmware portion.

I have plus n minus experience with diff brands including Foscam, EasyN, Apexis, etc. Major manufacturers but can be disappointing as they focus on sales but technical support wise is taichi style which many local self declared agents do the same.

Luckily for U, U get your refund. There are a lot of dont know get from where stocks on the market nowsaday, just b careful will do.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.