HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #2971
Master Member

oh so now marix offers to exchange my camera to the latest model. apparently the newer model has improved wifi capabilities. sigh i dont know if i should try them again be case was thinking to getting either dlink or foscam from the pc fair this weekend. what do you recommend? thanks!
If they change, let them do it. Why not? At least they bother to do something. BTW, why not bring ur mum's Foscam over to your home to test and see of it is really the WiFi?
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:38 AM   #2972
Master Member

my firmware already latest. Nothing to doubt.

The problem lies with the product.
The one in my storeroom still working without it rebooting by itself, firmware also pushed to latest. SN is within 4 character range. How about yours?

Maybe u can send 1 back to MARIX for 1~2 weeks, let them reset n test ur cam over WiFi n wired
Old 05-06-2015, 08:43 AM   #2973
Master Member

I am using FI9821W, so far so good.

Only complain is i cannot use speaker and mic concurrently.
It will create the huge echo sound
Most IP cameras have this issue as well. Its a limitation. If they do not echo, the audio portion will b soft.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:28 AM   #2974

Feed back issue. My speaker phone does not have this problem. I believe most ipcam maybe using same architecture. And the noisy audio recording its a design issue.
Hardcor? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:33 AM   #2975
Banned

The one in my storeroom still working without it rebooting by itself, firmware also pushed to latest. SN is within 4 character range. How about yours?

Maybe u can send 1 back to MARIX for 1~2 weeks, let them reset n test ur cam over WiFi n wired
Strangely, through my correspondence with them only leads to 1 conclusion.

They were also facing the same issue.
Gribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 09:50 AM   #2976

BTW auto restart may not be due to camera alone. There maybe other factors.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:55 AM   #2977
Banned

BTW auto restart may not be due to camera alone. There maybe other factors.
BTW, i have ensure other factors are running ok before blaming the camera.

Couldn't vouch the same for others here but I actually do know what I am doing.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #2978

Good to know that. I have come across auto reboot claims that are actually not due to camera.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #2979
Banned

Good to know that. I have come across auto reboot claims that are actually not due to camera.
Which is ?
Old 05-06-2015, 06:36 PM   #2980

Does anyone know the answer? Please help!!
Hardcor? likes this.
Fuzzywuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #2981

Hi guys,

Need to ask a couple of questions:
1. If my research is right, Foscam cameras model FI9xxxx can record video to NAS. Can someone confirm this? I am looking at FI9821W (PC Show $119)
2. Where is the best place to get Foscam? Any stores in Funan to recommend since that is quite close to my office?

I have a Prolink PIC1007WP (gift) and is quite happy with it but the lowest model that can record to NAS is PIC1003 which costs $169.
Ted100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:48 AM   #2982
Supremacy Member

My previous case doesn't reboot, it just went offline. Not even recording on its SDcard, which means the whole camera is down.

The adapter shouldn't be the problem either, otherwise why would it be working when I initially switched it on?

My wifi network also shouldn't be the problem, otherwise the rest of my devices on the same network would be facing the same issue (so called connectivity issues or whatnot).

Anyway, I have shared my story before and I got my partial refund. Just that I have spent at least 10% of the cost of the camera just to travel and replace it.

I got SNH-P6410BN from Samsung instead. So far so good, recording 24 hours using iSpy even though there is no live recording except on the SDcard. Wide len, IR vision, no PTZ though unless you are talking about digital zooming.

But of course, it is much more costly compared to Vstarcam, but the money paid for having reduced headaches, I feel that it is worth my money.
pilotsnoopy likes this.
linxiaobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:12 PM   #2983

Hi Lin, the issue you just described, in my opinion, is a faulty unit. Quite different from intermittent rebooting issue described before. What causes reboot can be many factors. For example, software hang, power intermittent, power line surge and so on. So we need to investigate difference cases separately and not lump everything together.
Fuzzywuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #2984
Supremacy Member

Bought the Dlink 5222L so far so good. Only issue is can't use the app to link the camera. In the end use the CD installation to add to dlink account instead.

Speaker quite weak. Mic not bad. Set it to auto reboot everyday at 9am.

Forgot to ask the sales person what happen if the MicroSD card is full, will it auto override the old clips?
zippy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:26 PM   #2985
Supremacy Member

Just bought an Aztech IP camera from the PC show. I can access it using the app in my iPhone. However i am unable to find it with the Synology surveillance app. I keyed in my IP address of the cam and still can't find.
discoburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.