HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2015, 08:42 AM   #3016
Master Member

I'll share my other powerbank usage timing later today. Based on 5400Mah, 10400Mah from xiaomi.
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 11:10 PM   #3017

Well, that's why I said I believe in actual LIVE testing of powerbanks than engineers so-say specifications. Most users rely mainly on test results of others who did actual tests than people who just wack paper specs. Its good to know paper specs. But if there is no LIVE tests done. The reviews will not b trustable source, just look at the mobile section, already got diff reviews on powerbank n their brands.

I share my test results here for the benefits of all users who are Keen with powerbank setups as 'UPS'.
Come to think of it. Remember the yellow law. Most buyers will buy based on specifications. There is no time to test it or to provide a demo
Fuzzywuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 08:29 AM   #3018
Master Member

There's plenty of time for everything. There r plenty of Pple like myself will test what we buy n share the results.

Dr Archer is another one of those who buy a product, shares his views here. Reason why this thread exists.

That's why I state brands, models of product for others to take references before their setups n buy a product.
Old 18-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #3019
Master Member

I'll share my other powerbank usage timing later today. Based on 5400Mah, 10400Mah from xiaomi.
10400Mah lasts ard 13 hrs
Old 18-06-2015, 11:12 PM   #3020

Thanks for sharing. Do you think it should last more based on 10400mAh specifications?
If not why?
Old 18-06-2015, 11:23 PM   #3021
Master Member

Xiaomi's 5200mAh lasts ard 8hrs on average
Old 21-06-2015, 01:09 PM   #3022

Just a little feedback on my vStarcam T7838WIP which i got since April 2014.. During the first 5 months this camera was working wonderful and it was a simple plug & play IP camera.

During Sep 2014, the firmware update start to have issue on my IP camera.. It starts to motion detection record until up to 5-6 days and it stops. I would have to often restart the IP camera... I put up a post here in hwz and also email Marix Support...After that there was no reply and i thought they might need some time to feedback to the developers ...

There were firmware updates in between Sep 14 to March 15 which i hope resolve the issue... I find the firmware speeding up the interface and resolve other bugs but not my issue at all...In march 2015, I drop another email to continue report my issue... All i got was a forwarded email to another Marix support engineer and no reply after that... .. I also find my issue degrading as it now only motion detection records up to 3 days and it stops recording.. Every restart of the IP camera wipes up all past recording...

Sadly today i decide to switch off my vStarcam as i no longer have faith that my issue will fix... i will proceed to look to other brands & model..
doran_lum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2015, 07:52 PM   #3023
Banned

Just a little feedback on my vStarcam T7838WIP which i got since April 2014.. During the first 5 months this camera was working wonderful and it was a simple plug & play IP camera.

During Sep 2014, the firmware update start to have issue on my IP camera.. It starts to motion detection record until up to 5-6 days and it stops. I would have to often restart the IP camera... I put up a post here in hwz and also email Marix Support...After that there was no reply and i thought they might need some time to feedback to the developers ...

There were firmware updates in between Sep 14 to March 15 which i hope resolve the issue... I find the firmware speeding up the interface and resolve other bugs but not my issue at all...In march 2015, I drop another email to continue report my issue... All i got was a forwarded email to another Marix support engineer and no reply after that... .. I also find my issue degrading as it now only motion detection records up to 3 days and it stops recording.. Every restart of the IP camera wipes up all past recording...

Sadly today i decide to switch off my vStarcam as i no longer have faith that my issue will fix... i will proceed to look to other brands & model..
exactly. Buy a device but comes with ZERO warranty. Marix is the worst distributor you could have ever meet.
Gribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 07:40 AM   #3024

Why would someone buy zero warranty product in Singapore? This is not Omega or Rolex watch. You may as well order from internet.
Old 22-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #3025

Dear Gribber, doran_lum,

We would like to arrange a collection of your camera and microSD card to do a hardware & firmware test to see what causes the stop recording in your cameras.

Kindly contact our office for arrangement.

MARIX Support
marixsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 12:10 PM   #3026

Why this is happening on a Forum page? Its for forum users to discuss issues. Not for making sales or service support!!
pilotsnoopy likes this.
Hardcor? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 12:31 PM   #3027

I agree, this is not MARIX support Forum.
pilotsnoopy likes this.
Old 22-06-2015, 12:54 PM   #3028

exactly. Buy a device but comes with ZERO warranty. Marix is the worst distributor you could have ever meet.
Thought only PARALLEL IMPORTERS dont offer warranty...lol
pilotsnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #3029

How many containers are we talking about here, lets send all this garbage back to where it came from. Marix should conduct a call back of all VSTARCAMS immediately as there is potentially someone getting hurt or a break in when the cam is not working.

Last edited by Fuzzywuz; 22-06-2015 at 02:40 PM..
Old 22-06-2015, 05:53 PM   #3030
Banned

Why this is happening on a Forum page? Its for forum users to discuss issues. Not for making sales or service support!!
I think it is a nice gesture for distributor to take ownership of it through forums as well.

Thought only PARALLEL IMPORTERS dont offer warranty...lol
well... that is the reason when i make the purchase but it turns out to be ...
Gribber is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.