Wireless IP Camera thread

Phumba

Reaction score
Thank you for the advise.
I am able to connect via onvif n wanscam profile on local ip.....

Progress none the least.:s12:

STEP 1
If u confirm u can access tinycam locally via wifi, then u know ur internal ip address and port.

STEP 2
Then u need to configure your router... to open the external port....
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/114093/

So the idea is...
A. When ur at home on wifi, you open a web browser.... and type http://192.168.0.xxx:yyyy
This will allow u to get the ipcam webpage config page.

B. When you are OUTSIDE on mobile data, you will type:
http://external_ip_add:external_port_no

https://whatismyipaddress.com will give u your external IPadd. The external port no is done by you on your router.

If u can do this successfully... ur TinyCam will be a matter of transffering these numbers into the app in the correct places. U shld be able to do it. Also note what goodwin posted for his Sineoji settings.... its already many steps in the correct direction.

Thank you for the advise.
Appreciate ur help.

You are most welcome.

Last edited:

Dr_ARCHer

Master Member
Reaction score
You can look at the first few posts of this thread, which shows you how to set up port forwarding on your router, and using a dynamic DNS service. That way, you don't need to reconfigure your mobile app to use the dynamic IP address given by our ISP.

I have been using this method for the last 10 years, and I have over 20 cameras at home (mostly different brands).

formic

Reaction score
You can look at the first few posts of this thread, which shows you how to set up port forwarding on your router, and using a dynamic DNS service. That way, you don't need to reconfigure your mobile app to use the dynamic IP address given by our ISP.

I have been using this method for the last 10 years, and I have over 20 cameras at home (mostly different brands).

Thank you Dr_Archer,
I have static IP and with Asuscomm DDNS.
my remote router web admin at port 8080 and Asus USB application for Medial server+FTP port 8081 crashes with the PT528V onvif and video port.
Will try further and get back with the finding.

skintigh

Reaction score
Contact sineoji and look for Dean. He will be able to help you, the last time, he came over to my place and configure it for me with Tinycam app.

I can used either the sineoji app or tiny cam app.

Yuppie98

Reaction score
I use a 2nd hand synology NAS to record and FTP all 6 cam.

No point using NVR, becoz e NAS provides NVR functions.

If u get a DLink NAS, the 320L can be purchased at 90 SGD or 2nd hand @ 30 SGD. Most important -- the HDD should be a brand new one and 3.5".

Must be quite fun havving so many cams... :s12:

You using a Dlink NAS or NVR? Or both?

josephlpw

Reaction score
I'm able to get my 528 to work on tinycam on android. No problem.
Anyone know how to setup third party apps like tinycam pro or ipcam pro for sineoji pt528v. I jus cannot get it to work. Tried using foscam, onvif and other generic cam but never successful. Tried both local and port forwarding. Only sineoji viewer andriod and ios p2p works. Pls help.

formic

Reaction score
was finally able to get it work.

Using foscam or wanscam setup for tinycan apps, it works flawlessly.

Using local port is straight forward as like goodwin's post, but for ONVIF, when forward port 8080 to other other port like 58080 it cannot work.

Guess I will just use wanscam setup instead of Onvif.

Thank you all for the help.

Phumba

Reaction score
I use a 2nd hand synology NAS to record and FTP all 6 cam.

Probably a stupid question, but you paid for the additional licences? They only have 2 as standard for Synology/QNAP right?

No point using NVR, becoz e NAS provides NVR functions.

If u get a DLink NAS, the 320L can be purchased at 90 SGD or 2nd hand @ 30 SGD.

I started with a NVR but it was laggy and while OK, not great. It died prematurely and I went to a PC instead.

Phumba

Reaction score

Your reputation as thread originator/starter precedes you...... since year 2010...... :s31:

Can you share your set up details?
Wired or wireless?
What NVR? Which brands?
Problems? General advise?

Dave27

Reaction score
Dean, bravo. Thanks for the time and effort yesterday despite is a weekend.

PT713V sineoji cam is awesome and spectacular. Really ultra wide viewing. I configured alarm motion recording and the files are in the sdcard residing on the camera. I can view remotely via the Sineoji app. But how do I distinguish the files that are alarmed recorded and those that are 24x7 ?

Yuppie98

Reaction score
I didn't pay the additional license after e 2 licenses for synology, I selected e most important area for e 2 licenses -- example my Front Door which cover e full view to bar counter, living room, balcony.. My main purpose is to save as much $$ as possible. So I make sure each camera overlap to cover as much area as possible.

I use a Cat.6 LAN cable for my NAS, Router, also I use a static IP so it's pretty fast.
The static IP helps in many area like my tv box, web server, on a low speed I get 380mbps.

Also I prefer to browse through e jpeg from my FTP than video, once I get e picture's time of certain motion, I'll look @ e footage of e video. Otherwise it's very hard to watch CCTV video, I get bored. When I get an alert on my mobile phone I just launch e app to see what's going on.

Probably a stupid question, but you paid for the additional licences? They only have 2 as standard for Synology/QNAP right?

I started with a NVR but it was laggy and while OK, not great. It died prematurely and I went to a PC instead.

darkiepk

Reaction score
hello guys, i am looking for a ip camera to used for my home usage. basically if it is able to move all around and the image viewed isnt very bad, i guess that should be fine for me? is there any brand or model i could consider from dlink or sineoji brand?

monfrisco

Reaction score
Dean, bravo. Thanks for the time and effort yesterday despite is a weekend.

PT713V sineoji cam is awesome and spectacular. Really ultra wide viewing. I configured alarm motion recording and the files are in the sdcard residing on the camera. I can view remotely via the Sineoji app. But how do I distinguish the files that are alarmed recorded and those that are 24x7 ?

No worries.

You can browse the history of the recorded clips with the Sineoji app.

1. Go to multimedia
2. Select remote
3. Select the camera
4. Hit the search button - iPhone (do not change the default dates, leave it as it is)
5. recorded clips will appear

Clips with filenames begin with A are the motion clips that has been recorded.
Clips with filenames begin with P are the daily recorded clips, non-stop.

furryballs

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I bought a sineoji pt528v, works great but the video recordings got some static noise. I went closer to the webcam and found out that the noise came from the webcam's speaker, and was subsequently picked back up by the mic on the webcam. Is this normal?

Great features!!!

dustypixie

Reaction score
Hi all

I intend to get a camera to monitor what my dog is doing at home. Preferably able to view via an app instead of the browser. Any recommendation? Budget is less than $50. I tried looking at gumtree and carousell for second hands and it's mainly aztech. Are they good? Thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.