HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Wireless IP Camera thread

Like Tree469Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2016, 02:16 PM   #3661
High Supremacy Member

Bro, u upgraded to Sineoji 593V Cam ?
which app are u using now ? ipcam viewer or tinycam ?
Hey just upgraded to 593V .... Wider viewer using IPcam .... Value for money.
trichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2016, 02:56 PM   #3662
Master Member

hi - anyone knows what the url to access the vstarcam remotely?

http://uid.???
Same usual DDNS method
geckoSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2016, 03:05 PM   #3663
Master Member

Same usual DDNS method
they have to have a domain name right?
Sorry Im asking on behalf of my colleague, and its not something that i bought.
Look online and couldn't find this info.

Im wondering how the software detects the camera just from the UID, surely they have a fixed domain for this?

A little background: She installed it via the PnP method - but wants to monitor from workplace, which have firewall in place
Old 18-01-2016, 06:51 PM   #3664
Master Member

Anyone using IP Cam Viewer apps ?... who to know the webcam is set to HD in the apps ? I am using PV339.
You referring to the PV339V - HD 720P by Sineoji? Think you can choose a Foscam HD driver. Look for a HD version of Foscam and try.
Old 21-01-2016, 03:37 PM   #3665

Seeking Expert(s) advice

Dear all,

With intentions to install CCTV in my home (semi-detached), I was quoted by a company the following:

CCTV System
Hikvision DVR DS-7200HQHI-SH series ($980)
Hikvision DS-2CE16D1T-IR x 2 ($340)
Hikvision DS-2CE56D1T-IR x 2 ($260)

There aren't much information on the aforementioned models written in this thread, and from what I understand, these are hardwired and do not provide remote watching via smart phones. Vstarcam is mentioned more often - and seemed to be the most recommended ones (not to mention, a lot cheaper too)

Forgive me for sounding daft, but would appreciate if some kind soul can provide me advise on the items quoted to me, and perhaps offer cheaper/better alternatives.

Many thanks in advance
zhupo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 04:01 PM   #3666

Dear all,

With intentions to install CCTV in my home (semi-detached), I was quoted by a company the following:

CCTV System

There aren't much information on the aforementioned models written in this thread, and from what I understand, these are hardwired and do not provide remote watching via smart phones. Vstarcam is mentioned more often - and seemed to be the most recommended ones (not to mention, a lot cheaper too)

Forgive me for sounding daft, but would appreciate if some kind soul can provide me advise on the items quoted to me, and perhaps offer cheaper/better alternatives.

Many thanks in advance
I have been sineoji camera and my experience with their cameras has been good. I have it both in my office and home.

Their customer service is bar none.

Prices are reasonable. For as low as $139 includes installation, it is a steal. 3 years warranty some more !

Samsung is not bad too but comes with a price tag.
vvaness40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2016, 04:11 PM   #3667

Dear all,

CCTV System

Many thanks in advance
how much recording do you need?

The DVR can be replaced by Synology NAS with Surveillance Station software, good enough for most home use and can be used as media server.
pilotsnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #3668
Master Member

Dear all,

CCTV System

Many thanks in advance
HIKVISION is one of the better brands out there for commercial security. Very good stability at a price. They are top 10 company in China for reliability. Have an SG office here. So, you can consider.

VStarcam wise, I dare not recommend anymore.

But the OEM that my colleagues got exchange for with top up, works better. None complain about instability and downtime which is important

Go for HIKVISION if you can. Their consumer range unfortunately is not available in SG.
Old 22-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #3669

hi can sineoji write to nas or just to microsd only? tks
danielfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #3670

Just got my new Sineoji PT593V HD IP Camera installed. As expected, it was really a great service and experience 👍🏻
Great attitude and excellent customer service. Really no horse run ❌🐴🐎

Ordered it online yesterday noon and got it installed today 2pm.

Nicely done wiring and trunking work by Dean! Your service really bring up the brand name. Thanks Bro! 👍🏻
johnnytlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2016, 11:47 PM   #3671
Arch-Supremacy Member

hi can sineoji write to nas or just to microsd only? tks
both.

But to NAS is via FTP only.
batniss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #3672

Foscam

Hi

My Foscam lens has these "blurry" spots. Are these defects and can they be "cleaned" from the inside of the lens?

Last edited by mr168; 28-01-2016 at 10:52 AM..
mr168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #3673
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi

My Foscam lens has these "blurry" spots. Are these defects and can they be "cleaned" from the inside of the lens?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B81...3NTA2VFFV/view
Hi, that looks like water droplets when into the lens, my sineoji ipcams has them too, rain droplets went into the lens.

advise is to avoid any water source if you can

you can try rma if you want,
localITguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 10:51 AM   #3674

Hi, that looks like water droplets when into the lens, my sineoji ipcams has them too, rain droplets went into the lens.

advise is to avoid any water source if you can

you can try rma if you want,
Unfortunately I don't think its water droplets as it has been there for many weeks. I have difficulties in doing RMA for this item.
mr168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2016, 03:45 PM   #3675
Arch-Supremacy Member

Unfortunately I don't think its water droplets as it has been there for many weeks. I have difficulties in doing RMA for this item.
how come foscam don't allow you?
localITguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.